PDA

View Full Version : PvP Disappointments Won't Hold Me Back

LelouchX
01-07-2012, 04:22 PM
I've seen threads about PvP etiquette, and maybe it's just that the people I have been doing PvP with don't come on forums and see it. I've got a few things i need to get off my chest though:

- There is a difference between humor and trash talk. If you can't tell the difference, I think the best thing to do is only say things like "ready?" etc.
- SMH on rushing. Isn't PvP supposed to be fun? Here's the way I play. If i walk into a game that's already going, I'll see what the situation is. If there are 4 people and I see to 1v1s going on, it's pretty obvious I would be intruding if i start fighting. Just because the rooms hold 6 people doesn't mean that people can't 1v1. I've gone from 3v3 to 1v1 in the middle of a match, there's nothing wrong with that. I ask when i join a room whats going on. It's simple and can be done with 4 character: ffa?
- Here is what I think of rushing. It's cheap and a tactics for cowards who don't think they can win in a fair fight. What do i consider rushing? When i join a game and i see 3 people on red an i join blue and stand in my base (the blue circle) and the whole red team comes at me. So what do you guys do when you get rushed? Trash talk? That won't lead to anything good. I stand here without firing and let them kill me. Then when i'm dead, i don't respwan and i give them a piece of my mind. Something along the lines of "do you really think thats fair? I stand in my base waiting for my team to fill and you guys team up on me when i'm standing in my circle not attack? smh" and then i leave. no need to wait for a response, will probably just be trolling anyway. Ask me how much I care about my k/d. when you look at someone's stats, it's easy to see who is a respectable PvPer. Sure it's judging a book by it's cover, but people with hundreds upon hundreds of kills and, lets say 10 deaths, generally aren't the respectable ones. There are some great PvPers that do play respectfully and have good k/d however, kudos to u guys for being good players and playing the right way. My rule of thumb is this: if you're not ready, or waiting for team to fill, stand in your circle. I'll never attack someone standing there, but come out and run around the stage during a FFA and don't you dare call me a rusher for going after you.
- Lots of people twink, but that doesn't mean that everyone who plays PvP at level 10, 15, or 20 is an experience player. People at end game level that twink PvP set examples for people who started playing the game recently. These PvP newcomers will learn from experience, so how about we show them the respectful way to play so they don't bring unsavory behavior to all levels of PvP.

I gave up on end game PvP for the time being, i may get back into it, we shall see. I realized it wasn't worth the hassle getting worked up over immature PvPers. Like i said, it won't hold me back, but i'm gonna call you out in game when i see a 1v1 turn into 3v1, or people rushing bases. be ready for it.

Edit: To avoid having it come off like I'm hiding behind my PvP twink, or that I would act in a way different from what I suggest above, my level 15 op twink is GinFiend. I encourage you all to list your PvP twinks too. Click the following link:
Post Your Twinks! (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?47585-Post-Your-Twinks!)
The only thing worse than acting unsavory on your PvP twink is doing so and hiding your identity. It shows that you know your behavior is unsatisfactory but you don't care. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's how I feel