PDA

View Full Version : No one trust stinkenstein or twinkenstien!!!!! Devs read this pls!

DanielRH
01-07-2012, 06:58 PM
I AM PUTTING A WARNING OUT TO ALL, AND THIS MAY BE THE START OF NEW SCAMS....

SOMEONE NAMED TWINKENSTIEN (not twinkenstein) is going around asking ppl to lend him stuff to try out, he then steels the stuff.

the characters I know about that are his are:
TWINKENSTIEN
STINKENSTEIN

DEVS IF YOU READ THIS, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CAN I GET MY ARTISANS LVL 15 BACK SOMEHOW? THATS ALOT OF GOLD.... I HAVE SCREEN SHOTS AND JUST BEFORE HE DELETED THE CHARACTER TWINKENSTIEN, I REPORTED HIM, SO YOU CAN SEE THE REPORT. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BAN THIS GUY.

Otukura
01-07-2012, 07:01 PM
Dan :(

you know better!

largecommand
01-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Ugh I hate posers. Sorry about your Artistan. I dont know but Iam sure the devs are busy with the Website Scams. Many of these scamer advertise the Webste and change the name. Maybe Fake Twinkensten is one of them.

Lowlyspy
01-07-2012, 07:05 PM
thanks for the heads up dan, i'll add those names to my "report on sight" list

Apocolypze
01-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Woooooooow, im sorry bout ur artisan dan ill give you one. I think u are right about this being a new scam to, so many ambassador impersonators now.

DanielRH
01-07-2012, 07:07 PM
Dan :(

you know better!
It happens man. :'(
The guy knew his name, and idk... I was tired and did not see the mixed up I/E. Luckily I reported before he deleted the character, so the devs hopefully can ban him. And i got screenies.

Woooooooow, im sorry bout ur artisan dan ill give you one. I think u are right about this being a new scam to, so many ambassador impersonators now.
Few! That eliminates the tiny possibility that I had just reported and forum battered you.... few :-)

Apocolypze
01-07-2012, 07:12 PM
It happens man. :'(
The guy knew his name, and idk... I was tired and did not see the mixed up I/E. Luckily I reported before he deleted the character, so the devs hopefully can ban him. And i got screenies.

Few! That eliminates the tiny possibility that I had just reported and forum battered you.... few :-)
Im about to make a lvl 19 btw for ur guild :D names Memorialtwink

Matutd
01-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Im about to make a lvl 19 btw for ur guild :D names Memorialtwink
Awesome :) I'll add u if u want

XghostzX
01-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Sorry dan!

It happens, just carefully know who you're talking to.

Beanmachine
01-07-2012, 08:47 PM
What happened to your lv15 artisan? Sorry to hear it's disappearance.

Onaraasider
01-07-2012, 08:54 PM
dude,easiest fix for this is, go to support and look for category recover item pocket legends,then state what happened

Whirlzap
01-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Not easy, Ona.
Recover Item is if you accidentally Liquidate something.
In ToS, it states that STS is not responsible for any items lost due to scams.
It's quite annoying seeing people simply make names and try to impersonate others.

NECROREAPER
01-08-2012, 12:04 AM
I guess it's not easy to impersonate me, which is great

Otukura
01-08-2012, 12:07 AM

This kid called darkpumpkin had me convinced;)

FluffNStuff
01-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Aren't you on break?

adidaman
01-08-2012, 12:21 AM
"can I borrow your 500k item please?"

"sure, just don't steal it"

"ok I won't"

O.o all I have to say is, seriously? Come on...

FluffNStuff
01-08-2012, 12:29 AM

"ok I won't"

I have borrowed much higher valued items to conduct skill damage tests and always returned. If someone used my rep to scam people I would be horrified.

Rare
01-08-2012, 10:18 AM
I'll be honest, if you let someone "borrow" your gear, you shouldn't expect to get it back. Unless you know them in real life, chances are low you'll get it back.

Same goes with lending money. I've lent money to friends and guild members but my understanding is that they won't give it back. If they do, its a pleasant surprise and i know its someone i can trust a little. But i always assume i will not get it back.

I would suggest everyone have this mindset.

ninjaduck
01-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Oh my! Wow, i believe i pmd this guy because i know stein from SL. Ugh ypu must feel so dead. :(

Skeletonlord
01-08-2012, 10:43 AM
wow. i will never trust them! thanks for the heads up!

razerfingers
01-08-2012, 11:13 AM
I dont believe they *should* give you back items.
EDIT: did you or did you not hit confirm trade? After it is confirmed no way you're gonna get it back but the most they can do is ban him

Rare
01-08-2012, 11:18 AM
I dont believe they should give you back items. But i could be wrong.

Better. No offense to any victim. But sts can't be expected to protect people from everything.

Register
01-08-2012, 11:21 AM

"ok I won't"

I am not sure if you understand Dan's situation. There is a character named twinkenstein (psst..look at someone's sig who posted here) and this guy impersonated him. Dan probably trusted him, and loaned him the item...He even said he mixed up the I and the E. I'd lend an item to a good friend, wouldnt you?

Matutd
01-08-2012, 11:55 AM
The people saying it is his own fault have absolutely no idea...
Twinkenstein (the real guy) is a very nice guy, a top pvper, and a very well known member of the sts community. I'd trust him with my whole inventory, and since he is most likely a friend with dan, dan was just trying to help out a bro. Anybody who says it is dan's fault, really, get off this thread because you have absolutely no clue! Dan is a helpful guy, and a great guy too. He thought it was twinkenstein and was unfortunately mistaken. Such a slight change of name is pretty hard to pick up on since the the human mind doesn't process slight things like that. To prove it, look back. A lot of you won't notice I wrote "the the" instead of just writing it once. So leave him alone because it WASN'T his fault!!

Rare
01-08-2012, 12:01 PM

"ok I won't"

I am not sure if you understand Dan's situation. There is a character named twinkenstein (psst..look at someone's sig who posted here) and this guy impersonated him. Dan probably trusted him, and loaned him the item...He even said he mixed up the I and the E. I'd lend an item to a good friend, wouldnt you?

If he's not on your friend list, its not the same person. Safe assumption

Whirlzap
01-08-2012, 12:08 PM
The people saying it is his own fault have absolutely no idea...
Twinkenstein (the real guy) is a very nice guy, a top pvper, and a very well known member of the sts community. I'd trust him with my whole inventory, and since he is most likely a friend with dan, dan was just trying to help out a bro. Anybody who says it is dan's fault, really, get off this thread because you have absolutely no clue! Dan is a helpful guy, and a great guy too. He thought it was twinkenstein and was unfortunately mistaken. Such a slight change of name is pretty hard to pick up on since the the human mind doesn't process slight things like that. To prove it, look back. A lot of you won't notice I wrote "the the" instead of just writing it once. So leave him alone because it WASN'T his fault!!

He's a bit annoying to 1v1 in PvP, but yeah he's a nice guy.
I wouldn't trust him with my gold cap, since I trust no one with it, but I'd trust him with my 21 Dex Jacket xD

Artentreri
01-08-2012, 01:05 PM
I've met a few people who have trusted me with 500k+ worth items, and I've done the same with them. Only two though, wolfsghost, and azaking. With aza whenever we do trades we simply use the give option, because of the level of trust. No offense to anyone else though, it's just the matter of, it's an online game. You never get to see the person, you can't chase them down if they rob you, you can't remember their face, you don't even know how old they are. The only reason I've placed this much trust in these two is because I've known them basically since I've started, and they've helped me more than anyone else. Although you can never really say you know them, because all you know is a bird, bear, or funny looking elf.

Darkfader
01-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Stinkenstein have many times tried to rush my voodoo mage but failed hard. Good to know another reason to kill him in future.

Fyrce
01-08-2012, 03:08 PM
I've given items to people to try out and they've given them back, some worth quite a bit. I would be very very angry if I give someone an item because I think they are a trusted friend.

I will say that usually I make the arrangements in STS chat or PMs first. Since in forum names, it's pretty obvious who everyone is. OTOH, I'm not sure I would have noticed Twinkenstein/Twinkenstien, other than maybe one would have been my friend and one wouldn't. Maybe. Though since this IS the internets, I do try to notice flipped letters and additional i's, etc.

I don't think STS replaces items, but who knows. GL Dan. And of course, be careful out there!

Bunnyshoota
01-08-2012, 03:12 PM
About 50 of my "Friends" Owe me 5k. Lol

DanielRH
01-08-2012, 07:26 PM
To all, I gave to him, I would trust him with all my inventory/gold. And at that time I was playing on a new twink and he was not on my friends list.... hope he is banned.

LADYHADASSA
01-09-2012, 12:10 AM
Matud is very right.,,,, the real twink is a very reputable player and somone knows this... And must also know he has borrowed numerous items and gold and GIVES the items back every time. So an imposter is hard to seperate especially if its borrowing items that the real deal wears... Thanks for the warning Daniel i warned oneman also as twink is a friend and very trusted. How are peeps using all cap letters and getting a name replication? Never mind DO NOT answer but i would assume there is somthing devs can do about that factor.

Darkfader
01-09-2012, 01:10 AM
Least he isn't banned yet, just saw Stinkenstein in pvp arena and it didn't end nicely...... For him.

zeusabe
01-09-2012, 01:51 AM
It's your fault, charge it to experience :D

Onaraasider
01-09-2012, 04:47 AM
To all, I gave to him, I would trust him with all my inventory/gold. And at that time I was playing on a new twink and he was not on my friends list.... hope he is banned.Not banned,just saw him

Appleisaac
01-09-2012, 07:34 AM

Making "Necroreapor" now
;)
jk

Darkfader
01-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Making "Necroreapor" now
;)
jk

Cool I just made apolio ;] lol jk