PDA

View Full Version : Werewolves, Vampires, & Transylvania Campaign

v5point0
07-23-2010, 09:32 AM
Hey devs, it would be cool to have a campaign with a spooky/horror taste to it in the future. The weapons from them would be cool too in eg, Blessed Silver Blade.

Kingofthebear
07-23-2010, 09:38 AM
spooky/horror: great idea.

Warewolves/vampires? Dear god, no. Watch a twilight movie if you feel so inclined.

ratava
07-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Hey devs, it would be cool to have a campaign with a spooky/horror taste to it in the future. The weapons from them would be cool too in eg, Blessed Silver Blade.

YES! The best Campaign idea I have seen so far. How did I not think of this idea????!

You deserve a PL in-game reward ; )

v5point0
07-23-2010, 10:12 AM
spooky/horror: great idea.

Warewolves/vampires? Dear god, no. Watch a twilight movie if you feel so inclined.

The reason I suggested werewolves and vampires as mobs is so that we can have some sort of satisfaction kicking twilight butt which I believe makes a bad example for all the vampire and werewolf movies created before. I am talking about Bram Strokers Dracula, American Werewolf series, Underworld, and so on. Vampires and werewolves should not be turned into teenage chic flicks.

YES! The best Campaign idea I have seen so far. How did I not think of this idea????!

You deserve a PL in-game reward ; )

Wow thanks :)

Royce
07-23-2010, 10:40 AM
Have you seen this other game STS is working on?
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/content.php?116-Empire-of-Night

v5point0
07-23-2010, 11:01 AM
Have you seen this other game STS is working on?
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/content.php?116-Empire-of-Night

Thanks for the link Royce, no I haven't seen it before and I didn't know STS were working on another project besides PL. It is kinda dark for my taste though and it looks like its going to be on the PC platform. Its cool though.

Snakespeare
07-23-2010, 01:10 PM
Well, just because they are working on a similar overall theme for some other game is no reason they can't make a PL campaign in Transylvania.

I'm not partial to undead stuff. I much prefer high fantasy to horror. But PL already has Skeller Krunch, Dead Eye, Cap'n Bones, skeletons, and zombies... werewolves and vampires would fit right in.

Elffy
07-23-2010, 03:54 PM
Poltergeists as well perhaps?

bmc85uk
07-24-2010, 09:26 AM
Yes please, I'm all for werewolves and vampires, and to whine about it being too Twilight-esque is a load of old....the concept has been around a lot longer than those crappy books/films, to pool it in with that pathetic schoolgirly crap is unfair.

In Twilight everyone's a pin up model and vampires sparkle in direct sunlight, Twilight can therefore take a running jump into an active volcano.

v5point0
07-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Yes please, I'm all for werewolves and vampires, and to whine about it being too Twilight-esque is a load of old....the concept has been around a lot longer than those crappy books/films, to pool it in with that pathetic schoolgirly crap is unfair.

In Twilight everyone's a pin up model and vampires sparkle in direct sunlight, Twilight can therefore take a running jump into an active volcano.

Indeed well said my friend. Lol what does the girlfriend say about it? Haha

bmc85uk
07-24-2010, 11:54 AM
She isn't too keen on it but still watches them despite not being a fan of the whole girly lovey dovey style. Also, we broke up...to the bar batman!

v5point0
07-24-2010, 12:15 PM
She isn't too keen on it but still watches them despite not being a fan of the whole girly lovey dovey style. Also, we broke up...to the bar batman!

I am sorry to hear bro...if it helps I broke of with my gf not too long ago as well and I have been loving the single live ever since. Cheers buddy

ratava
07-25-2010, 09:16 AM
I've got a lot of time for the devs of PL, they totally surprised me with AO and the connection with aliens (still all of that to enjoy at lvl35!!) and the art style is their best effort yet, even beating "dead eyes, sparky & crew"!

This idea as someone already said, fits neatly eg vamps, wolves, bats, spiders, webs... are suitable candidates for a' bashing.

Btw, I never saw any twilight/true blood/xyz... there's tons of them... but a recent film I would recommend as harnessing the real horror storytelling (Not just shocks, thrills and spills) is a Swedish movie called: Lat Den Ratte Komma In - Let The Right One In. It's subtitled and a remake is coming out by Hollywood, but go see the original.

v5point0
07-26-2010, 05:46 AM
I've got a lot of time for the devs of PL, they totally surprised me with AO and the connection with aliens (still all of that to enjoy at lvl35!!) and the art style is their best effort yet, even beating "dead eyes, sparky & crew"!

This idea as someone already said, fits neatly eg vamps, wolves, bats, spiders, webs... are suitable candidates for a' bashing.

Btw, I never saw any twilight/true blood/xyz... there's tons of them... but a recent film I would recommend as harnessing the real horror storytelling (Not just shocks, thrills and spills) is a Swedish movie called: Lat Den Ratte Komma In - Let The Right One In. It's subtitled and a remake is coming out by Hollywood, but go see the original.

Originals are always the best