PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Experience on iPad

v5point0
07-23-2010, 10:52 AM
I don't own an iPad but I have friends who do and I have seen PL being played on them and visually it is far more superior then on the iPhone/iPod Touch.

But from an ergonomic point of view, I would like to hear your opinion especially from those who own both devices and play PvP regularly since it requires quick reflexes.

I understand that the buttons are larger but the device is also larger and instead of picking it up like a game controller with the iPhone, you have to place the iPad on your lap or on a table top and using your fingers instead of your thumb. So is this a pro or a con?

KingFu
07-23-2010, 10:53 AM
GAH! I can't wait to get mine!

Cascade
07-23-2010, 10:58 AM
Placing on a table or on my lap (I prefer lap) is definitely not con its so much more epic on a bigger screen :)

v5point0
07-23-2010, 11:05 AM
GAH! I can't wait to get mine!

Placing on a table or on my lap (I prefer lap) is definitely not con its so much more epic on a bigger screen :)

Yeah the big screen just makes up for it doesn't it, not to forget smoother graphics, better color and resolution.

How are your PvPing experience on the iPad?

Cascade
07-23-2010, 11:06 AM
Eh...I never play Pvp I hate it lol.

v5point0
07-23-2010, 11:08 AM
Eh...I never play Pvp I hate it lol.

Lol, need to hear the feedback from an iPad user then PvPs

Snakespeare
07-23-2010, 11:56 AM
I don't PvP, but I can tell you about ergonomics.

I play three ways, on table, in lap, or holding. I guess I feel most accurate holding it up, which I do for a very tough boss fight when I have to chug healing potions.

Holding it, I use my right thumb on the attack button and reach around with my thumb to tap various skills. I use my left thumb to target opponents or direct the toon where to run forward.

On the table or in my lap, I tap with my pointer fingers. I do that to give my thumbs a rest, or when jogging back after a respawn.

Violentsaint
07-23-2010, 06:47 PM
i was thinking about this last night, i rly want an ipad for no other reason than to play pocket legends on a bigger screen with better grafics, but my ipod touch is small and handheld, the screen is so small i can use my left thumb to move and my right thumb to attack and use all the skills. and ive been playing xbox for years so holding the ipod like a controller works for me.

but that big massive ipad screen is so tempting....

Cascade
07-23-2010, 06:50 PM
The massive screen is like playing PL on a laptop :) Its so awesomly epic! :D

Zeus
07-23-2010, 09:53 PM
I got the Ipad 3g. I just wanted to saw all the battery problems just dissapear with the Ipad. I have left Pocket Legends running for 8 hours on full brightness till it finally died. The graphics are so much more realistic and pop because of the high definition IPS screen as well. Only downside is that it just gets more addicting because suddenly Pocket Legends isn't "Pocket" anymore becomes like a lite WoW.

P.S. Never played WoW

Sparda
07-23-2010, 10:32 PM
It's too heavy, and honestly the controls just don't work as well on the iPad. I prefer the iPhone - controls just work much better... it's a shame since the iPad looks much better.

v5point0
07-24-2010, 03:49 AM
I don't PvP, but I can tell you about ergonomics.

I play three ways, on table, in lap, or holding. I guess I feel most accurate holding it up, which I do for a very tough boss fight when I have to chug healing potions.

Holding it, I use my right thumb on the attack button and reach around with my thumb to tap various skills. I use my left thumb to target opponents or direct the toon where to run forward.

On the table or in my lap, I tap with my pointer fingers. I do that to give my thumbs a rest, or when jogging back after a respawn.

i was thinking about this last night, i rly want an ipad for no other reason than to play pocket legends on a bigger screen with better grafics, but my ipod touch is small and handheld, the screen is so small i can use my left thumb to move and my right thumb to attack and use all the skills. and ive been playing xbox for years so holding the ipod like a controller works for me.

but that big massive ipad screen is so tempting....

The massive screen is like playing PL on a laptop :) Its so awesomly epic! :D

I got the Ipad 3g. I just wanted to saw all the battery problems just dissapear with the Ipad. I have left Pocket Legends running for 8 hours on full brightness till it finally died. The graphics are so much more realistic and pop because of the high definition IPS screen as well. Only downside is that it just gets more addicting because suddenly Pocket Legends isn't "Pocket" anymore becomes like a lite WoW.

P.S. Never played WoW

It's too heavy, and honestly the controls just don't work as well on the iPad. I prefer the iPhone - controls just work much better... it's a shame since the iPad looks much better.

Thank you so much for your feedback guys, truly appreciate it. Yeah I was considering getting an iPad to play PL lol but I would just like to hear your feedback on the usability of it. I don't know if the UI can further be tweaked to enhance comfort but then again the iPad is not designed to be used as a game controller. I notice many don't use the virtual joystick on the iPad and the option is not enabled by default either and I like this feature but I guess it won't be ideal using it on the iPad.

GoodimGod
07-24-2010, 07:42 AM
Havent played on the iphone since i ha e ipad..

Seems like my ipad turned my iphone into an actual phone as i dont use it for much other things anymore lol

v5point0
07-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Havent played on the iphone since i ha e ipad..

Seems like my ipad turned my iphone into an actual phone as i dont use it for much other things anymore lol

Could you test with me in PvP and give me some feedback?