PDA

View Full Version : Class and customisation Converter?

Skeletonlord
01-09-2012, 02:13 AM
I was in game with IU yesterday, and thought up a very cool idea. Have any of you chose a class and customised it only to find that you don't like the class? Well, now you can convert your class to another class, or customise it differently! You can pay 20 plat, and can change your class, however, your level stays the same, no stats reset, all your inventory is there etc.
Tell me what you think about this idea'

JaytB
01-09-2012, 02:24 AM
Leveling up a class forces you to actually learn how to play it. Your suggestion could potentially create a whole new generation of players who have absolutely no idea how to play their class. If someone wants to try another class, they should start from lv 1. At least that's my opinion about it.

Skeletonlord
01-09-2012, 02:31 AM
Leveling up a class forces you to actually learn how to play it. Your suggestion could potentially create a whole new generation of players who have absolutely no idea how to play their class. If someone wants to try another class, they should start from lv 1. At least that's my opinion about it.

I told iu about it, and they don't really like the idea either. Maybe I'll get some positive feedback, and I still like the idea.

javier995
01-09-2012, 02:38 AM

Exactly.

We already have enough players who don't know much about their class, we don't need more.

Also what if they end up not liking the class? Then they will just complain that it was a waste of class, thar they where robbed, etc.

Kinda never liked this idea, tbh. Its been mentioned before, maybe not on forums but a lot ingame.

Skeletonlord
01-09-2012, 02:40 AM
Might get this thread removed. Not many people like it, and it is going to cause arguments.

MightyMicah
01-09-2012, 02:46 AM
I LOVE the idea. If someone is stupid enough to change class and know nothing about that class, that's their problem. Also, you learn the fastest at top level. The only reason people don't know how to play atm is cause they pot up and run. I see noobs everywhere on thrasher...

The biggest issue I see is the quality if PvE players lessening a bit. I believe the comments above indicate that.

I also believe many will disagree and blame Power leveling for skill-less people which is why this is solely opinion based. :)

javier995
01-09-2012, 03:27 AM
I LOVE the idea. If someone is stupid enough to change class and know nothing about that class, that's their problem. Also, you learn the fastest at top level. The only reason people don't know how to play atm is cause they pot up and run. I see noobs everywhere on thrasher...

The biggest issue I see is the quality if PvE players lessening a bit. I believe the comments above indicate that.

I also believe many will disagree and blame Power leveling for skill-less people which is why this is solely opinion based. :)

Not everyone is like that bud lol. Hence the kinds of players you talked about, even tho they are at a high level they still don't know how to use their class properly lol. I think it all depends how fast a player can learn about a class, but as it seems not many can learn quick lol.

As for pwrlvling, if you're going to do it at least tell them a little basic into lol. That's why people shouldn't pwrlvl actual newbies that really don't know anything lol. That's what i think tho:)

Yea like you said, if they change it to a class they know absolutely nothing about, that's just a stupid mistake lol.

LwMark
01-09-2012, 04:35 AM
Pretty sure you spelt customization wrong but idk im not a dictionary

Crunchee
01-09-2012, 05:02 AM
Pretty sure you spelt customization wrong but idk im not a dictionary

British english ;) customiSation.

Well, imo I don't really think this is a good idea. Like what the above posts say, this will just make more players who don't know how to play their classes well. There are already so many power leveled players in game who know nothing about their classes, especially scatter bears, which really annoys me. If they can switch into different classes but find out that they aren't playing any of the class well enough, they will just lose their interest in pl.

I think making a secondary class for each character will be a better idea. E.g. you reach lvl 55 and can get a secondary class, and can switch between the two classes by pressing a button on the main screen. Your secondary class will be five lvls lower than you at the beginning, with stats points of a lvl50 for you to allocate. So you can switch between the two classes when you like. But, as this is a secondary class, you can only switch your class 4 times per 1 hour, so your main class is still your main :) Lol actually this idea is from one of the mmos that I played...

With this, noobs can learn how to play their mains well and try playing the other classes. Different combinations of classes may help the fights as well ;) like bear+mage, bird+bear, mage+bird etc. Pvp and pve will be much more interesting!

Btw, who's Iu? :0

Riccits
01-09-2012, 05:09 AM
I LOVE the idea. If someone is stupid enough to change class and know nothing about that class, that's their problem

yes its urs also if u have to play in pve with such guys...

Gluttony
01-09-2012, 05:52 AM
With this idea you're forgetting about the leaderboards. For example what of the #1 for Avians decided to change classes to Ursan, they would suddenly almost double the current leader in terms of pve kills; that's only one example of how this change would affect the LB. Overall it's just easier to create a new char or delete an old one and start from scratch.

Skeletonlord
01-09-2012, 11:04 AM
Infinate union- a guild in star legends.

Fallscreek
01-09-2012, 11:15 AM
Hmm I played wow few years back and there's alot of classes and you couldn't change you class you could change your Gender though I agree with that your just gonna have alot of people in spacetime who wouldn't make money cuz people wouldn't have
To lvl multiple chars using thrasher so
Let's say I'm a lvl 66 bear and I want to be Mage but have no idea about it and I go to buy then go in as int Mage he doesn't know squat therefore peeps who farm in pve will be at a loss cuz they need heals but he'll be
Trying to tank so even more clueless players who use 4x

LelouchX
01-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Btw, who's Iu? :0
<----------------- This guy :victorious:

Also, i don't think this is a terrible idea. It would be fine for people who know how to play all classes. I wouldn't mind changing eyeofwarrior, my lv 35 pvp engi i never use, into an op. Then i would use her. However, i think much more bad would come from this idea than good.

Crunchee
01-09-2012, 12:08 PM
<----------------- This guy :victorious:

The invisible man? O_o

Edit: Lol I found the answer from your sig. ;)

Crilon
01-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Actually sounds like a good idea, except that every class has different powers and you would have to learn how they work.