PDA

View Full Version : The time has come....

Cascade
07-23-2010, 03:03 PM
I think the time has come to appoint moderators....I don't care what you think about me your prolly thinking "Oh! Well pshh he's just saying that because he wants to be a moderator and boss people around!" Well I'm not I'm saying this for the good of pocket legends....You know why the community has become so hateful and crude? Its because there is no punishment!!! This "Take a screenshot and send to the devs" Is not working! Oh sure its taking care of some of the problems...but not as much as we could be taking care of...If people see a moderator ofr dev in towne they will probably be on there best behaviour....If its just abunch of random people they will just cuss someone out or talk innapropriatly all day! So.....Devs....Its time you choose moderators...I don't care who they are! Just as long as they keep all the filth and junk out of the townes!

Thanks you for reading...

Snakespeare
07-23-2010, 03:25 PM
George Harrison said, "As long as you hate, there will be people to hate." What he meant is, the way to stop the hate begins within. I agree with him.

It relates because I don't believe mods can solve the problem. I believe the ignore button is the answer. If everyone ignores someone, he becomes like a tree falling in a forest with nobody to hear it. That's why ancient peoples would simply shun a problem person. Since people love to be listened to, the worst thing you can do to them is to ignore them. Then they will have to find a different way to get attention. If they are nice, talk to them. After a while, most people will be nice. It really works. That's why human societies have been using this method for a million years... or more. Even the other apes do it. :)

Cascade
07-23-2010, 03:27 PM
True dat....But it couldn't hurt to have mods it just increases the safety....Every MMO has them I'm pretty sure...

LIGHTNINGLORD67
07-23-2010, 05:17 PM
/10 characters.

Cascade
07-23-2010, 05:21 PM
I wasn't asking who wanted to be a moderator. I was stating something...and the only person on your "list of should-be-mods" that actually would be a good mod would be ViolentSaint.

Zeus
07-23-2010, 05:22 PM
Thanks Lightning, Im honored and shocked that you would consider me trustworthy since a lot of people know me as a rip of merchant (I give away stuff too however). Developer's should implement moderators however simply for the reason that we have many young players which I hope by playing this game does not make them lose their innocence.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
07-23-2010, 05:23 PM
I wasn't asking who wanted to be a moderator. I was stating something...

Lmao...........Player mods wouldn't be as sarcastic to be honest. I'm sorry that I'm acting like a jerk to you but I'm just stating the obvious.

However I do agree, Violentsaint would be an excellent mod!

kavanah
07-23-2010, 05:37 PM
That's why human societies have been using this method for a million years... :)

I thought humans for however long they have been around, have been using a militant power method.

According to your philosophy we shouldn't have any police forces. Let's just do good and hope that good will develope in others because of our good.

I believe you misunderstand that quote. The quote is to point out that within people who do "bad" things, there is always a deeper reason as to why they did those things. I believe anyone who consideres themself to be a good person should search out those deeper things and ask themselves, "what can I do now to help someone else in the future not fall into this deeper issue."

Now, this isn't to say we don't ever stand up for what is right. Let me give you another quote...

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

And with that I say... let the moderators/gm's come into play!

Cascade
07-23-2010, 05:40 PM
I agree absolutly 100% kavanah

kavanah
07-23-2010, 05:41 PM
Lmao...........Player mods wouldn't be as sarcastic to be honest. I'm sorry that I'm acting like a jerk to you but I'm just stating the obvious.

However I do agree, Violentsaint would be an excellent mod!

Well let me give a little bit of honesty then. You have, multiple times, in this forum community picked fights with others. You are always being a "jerk" to people, and you always try to throw V's name in there as a sign of some kind of big brother behind you. I don't think he would approve of many of your posts and the many instances that I've seen your posts attacking someone or degrading someone, shows the need for mods all the more.

Cascade
07-23-2010, 05:45 PM
Yeah I was gunna say that lightninglord would definitely not be a good mod but I just decided against it because it would be mean.