PDA

View Full Version : Harcore Server

kavanah
07-23-2010, 03:45 PM
This is an idea for a Harcore server. Those who have played Diablo 2 or Everquest will be familiar with this mode. Basically if you die then your character is left dead. No second chances. No mulligans.

Why is this important?

1) You can create a unique ladder system to show who is the highest level encouraging competitive gameplay.

2) You will be encouraging safer and more experienced play. No more just running in, aoe'ing everything and dying right after. Now you have to really USE skill and exercise proper pulling techniques.

3) I think people would really be interested in playing with other good players to accomplish something that seems impossible.

λαθυιντ
07-23-2010, 03:47 PM
Thumb's up to this idea!!!

Purearch
07-23-2010, 03:48 PM
I would LOVE to have something like this....

Elffy
07-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Good idea but fundamentals of this game need to be changed before this could be implemented

kavanah
07-23-2010, 03:59 PM
Good idea but fundamentals of this game need to be changed before this could be implemented

I would have agreed to this except for the fact that I'm currently, SLOWLY playing the game as a SOLO Ursan Warrior. This is probably one of the more challenging "standard" builds, and I only died once... and here in lies the problem.

Lag. That's the only bad thing about this. Lag can get you killed in a split second. The only solution I have to this is that you encourage team play at all times.

Royce
07-23-2010, 04:14 PM
I would have agreed to this except for the fact that I'm currently, SLOWLY playing the game as a SOLO Ursan Warrior. This is probably one of the more challenging "standard" builds, and I only died once...
Straight up Ursan Warrior is actually the easiest to solo with by far...

haroldiv
07-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Straight up Ursan Warrior is actually the easiest to solo with by far... opinions are not facts =( i disagree with your opinion.

bmc85uk
07-24-2010, 10:03 AM
I agree with Royce, while that's my opinion, I think it's true, and therefore a matter of fact.