PDA

View Full Version : How to remove an iTunes movies' DRM?

KingFu
01-10-2012, 08:04 AM
I've been wanting to get some of my itunes movies onto a micro SD card to then put them on my Android devices since I purchased them and don't want that money to go to waste. I supposedly have to download a third party software to remove it? I I was wondering if anyone could possibly tell me of one they know of that's simple and safe either here or in a PM :-) May be a lot to ask but I don't know anyone else that'd know that I can trust.

Thanks!

-Myst

Corpser
01-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Cant you just drag them out of itunes (drag on drop or cut amd paste) then change movie format to mp4 (i think) then just transfer normally?

KingFu
01-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Cant you just drag them out of itunes (drag on drop or cut amd paste) then change movie format to mp4 (i think) then just transfer normally?

I've tried on the past and it won't allow me to play it. I read on a few sites saying the only way was a third party software built to remove it sady.

Arterra
01-10-2012, 08:44 AM
*spouts free software and internet usage slogan*

Itunes IS annoying that way.

DanielRH
01-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Hiya :-)

Its not exactly on par with iTunes terms of use, but my thoughts on it is that if you payed $10+ for a movie (not rented) you should be able to actually PLAY the movie.

I'll do a little research and get back to ya! :-)

KingFu
01-10-2012, 10:14 AM

Its not exactly on par with iTunes terms of use, but my thoughts on it is that if you payed $10+ for a movie (not rented) you should be able to actually PLAY the movie.

Agreed. Thanks a ton man, really appreciate it! I Gtg soon for school so I apologize in advance if I don't reply for a while:)

JaytB
01-10-2012, 10:22 AM

I'd check if it can't get you into trouble here first to be honest. I remember trying to help someone out with some tips about jailbreaking (100% legal as opposed to what is discussed here), and got an infraction point for the trouble :/

Just wanted to throw it out there. If anyone can confirm it won't get anyone into trouble, I'll search for an answer too. There are some sites I could point you to, but as said, I don't want to get into trouble.. again :)

KingFu
01-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Ahh, forgot about that:-\ I wanna make sure too, I'd feel really bad if I got anyone in trouble for trying to help me out with a question.

DanielRH
01-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Ah, note to devs.... if you don't want me to post the research I get I won't... don't wanna cause any trouble...

Samhayne
01-10-2012, 11:40 AM
We'd prefer if you guys kept it to private messages, thanks!