PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Breather or Nova Blaster?

Lightning899
01-10-2012, 09:18 AM
Would I be better off with a Chaos Breather and shield or a Nova Blaster and vanity shield? :O

BodMaster
01-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Personally id still go with the Nova Blaster and Vanity Shield. Still unchallenged until they bring out another like it. (Plus you get a little extra visual effects)

javier995
01-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Vanity shield? The blaster shield? Lol

MimeRifle
01-10-2012, 09:39 AM
I have the nova and blackstar shield. It makes me giddy.

BodMaster
01-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Vanity shield? The blaster shield? Lol

Assumption is a wonderful thing.. until it comes back and bites you in the butt!

You know what they meant :p

MYNISTA
01-10-2012, 10:12 AM
I personally chose Custom Chaos Breather w/ Blackstar shield. Sold my Nova. When I'm in a good party I use my Custom Aan's Embrace for the DPS. Use what you like!

flashbackflip
01-10-2012, 12:26 PM
It depends on what u r going to face: pve or pvp

If in pve it matters less, in pvp great damage and additional dodge makes Nova the best weapon up 2 date

doomednoob
01-11-2012, 01:24 AM
So why does the nova yield more damage than a Custom chaos breather? Do legendary weapons have extra bonuses in comparison to epic?

javier995
01-11-2012, 01:41 AM
Assumption is a wonderful thing.. until it comes back and bites you in the butt!

You know what they meant :p

Lol did i really know, did i really?;)
Lol i did xD

So why does the nova yield more damage than a Custom chaos breather? Do legendary weapons have extra bonuses in comparison to epic?

The legendary pistols give you and extra set bonus when you have a legendary shield (which you but with/for 15 plat). This bonus is not included when you have a custom weapon and the shield.

flashbackflip
01-11-2012, 11:38 AM
The legendary pistols give you and extra set bonus when you have a legendary shield (which you but with/for 15 plat). This bonus is not included when you have a custom weapon and the shield.

Really? I didn't know about set bonus.. Gotta check it out! Thanx, Javier!

doomednoob
01-12-2012, 10:21 PM
So, if I'm not mistaken. My level 40 engineer in basic Runetech, will receive a little bonus whilst using a Nova and Blackstar shield (legendary). Now, would this bonus still apply if I were sporting a non-plat legendary shield such as a Brisk Holly Shield for example?

If so, what does the "bonus" exactly consist of and would I be better off sporting a Nova and a wimpy Holly Shield [(-69 armor) compared to my energy field generator]; or would I be better off with my E.F. Generator and a Custom breather?

William To
01-12-2012, 10:29 PM
I would choose a nova blaster and a legendary Blackstar shield because of the set bonus