PDA

View Full Version : Who made up rushing?

PLdude
01-10-2012, 04:49 PM
I just want to know who made up "rushing" and why you have to say go... Just want to hear thoughts...

Zemerz
01-10-2012, 04:51 PM
What's rushing?

ninjaduck
01-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Its more about who made up non-rushing IMO, pvp has no rules

adidaman
01-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Thelonearcher (trust me). Let the flaming on me begin

AbsolutePally
01-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Imo newer less confident players who got trampled by more experienced players that were accustomed to ffa matches did. They were afraid of the pace, got together, started a union, amd slowed it down to a safe mode snail pace. It happened somewhere around the Sewers after the 50 cap.

ninjaduck
01-10-2012, 04:53 PM
*Wields flamethrower*

Azamaster
01-10-2012, 04:54 PM
No one really made up rushing, it's more of a thing that noobs figure out can get them more kills. They don't know anything is wrong with it, since there really are no rules.

Battlelock
01-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Exactly! It's the new era of MMO players. If these players played EQII or WOW in pvp they'd be complaining constantly. There is no ready set go. You pop in and kill or be killed. I don't pvp in PL cuz there's too many complainers.

Jewelsofjane
01-10-2012, 04:58 PM
Thelonearcher (trust me). Let the flaming on me begin

Lmao... This made me laugh, not being sarcastic at all. Thx I needed it;)

ninjaduck
01-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Exactly! It's the new era of MMO players. If these players played EQII or WOW in pvp they'd be complaining constantly. There is no ready set go. You pop in and kill or be killed. I don't pvp in PL cuz there's too many complainers.
So true bro...

Silentarrow
01-10-2012, 05:01 PM
No one did lol, it's just a "stradegy" (sometimes considered a stradegy sometimes considered cheap IMO, stradegy :)). Rushing can be found in TONS of games from CoD to WoW, rushing is usually done by DPS classes or close combat classes.

LelouchX
01-10-2012, 05:07 PM
at's all about playing fair IMO. I don't play PL anymore, but i PvP in SL. I don't care about my k/d or i wouldn't participate in any FFA. But when i do a 1v1, i expect a fair fights. Consider this:
- ping spikes - i've had times where before i fight me or my opponent asked to wait due to ping spikes
- PMs - i get them even in PvP, and being a GM, when something needs attention, I like to be as accommodating as possible and take 30 seconds to reply. If it is something can wait 5 minutes, all i need to say is "need a few min, in 1v1," rather than have my guildies get the impression I am ignoring them.
- rooms that hold more than 2 people - people do 1v1 in group rooms all the time. There is nothing wrong with this, some people like to watch 1v1 fights. Sure rooms can be locked, but i've joined random rooms to watch before, i don't think that option should be taken away. and seeing people saying "call" and "go," it becomes obvious (for the most part) that a 1v1 is going on and that people shouldn't interfere. Even people new to PvP pick up on this very quickly. The ones who don't care are interfering with what was intended to be a fair fight. everyone likes to test their skills against other skilled players, not to brag about who is better and rub it in the other person's face (usually). i've got friends i PvP with and regardless of who wins, nobody trash talks the other players.
- i can't find a reason to rush. i honestly think it's disrespectful and and cowardly. if you can't take part in a fair fight, that means to me that you have no confidence in your own abilities and are just looking for an unfair advantage to boost your k/d
- rushing will get you booted - i only twink PvP in SL, and rushers get booted (i like to give a warning first like "if you rush and interfere with a 1v1 again i'll boot you"). last time i was in a game hosted by a rusher, he said he wouldn't stop. I said "someone boot the rusher" (not knowing he was the host), got booted, and made my own room. half the group followed and then it filled up. i got PMs saying "ur full :-(" shortly after it filled
- rushing only gives you a bad reputation. i've seen references to people getting such a bad rep that they stopped playing because he would instantly be booted from PvP and PvE runs.

I don't know your stance from your post, seems like your just inquiring about it to me. Here are my thoughts. Good Luck

XghostzX
01-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Lonearcher. Dahah, one of those players you had to get to know.

lilgangster
01-10-2012, 05:20 PM
its more about who made up non-rushing imo, pvp has no rules
thank u!!! Agree 100%

Seminole
01-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Koreancakes did.

XghostzX
01-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Koreancakes did. Ding ding ding haha.

Swimmingstar
01-10-2012, 06:41 PM
You know who? You! No one in particular.

TruePlayer
01-10-2012, 07:38 PM
No rushing was way back. When all pvp games was ffa. Once you enter then be ready fight or die. Yes i miss my rushing battles with lone xrax skimmey etc.. Love them trash talkers lol. Actually rusher now r nothing compare back then.

Swimmingstar
01-10-2012, 07:41 PM
This is like SL, it's way funner when everything is expected to be FFA.

TruePlayer
01-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Rushing actually take alot skill not many can go 1 vs 3 and win.

TruePlayer
01-10-2012, 07:43 PM
Sl is new and people r trying get lb. unlike pl where kill farming messed it up. Way to high for anybody to catch up.

AbsolutePally
01-10-2012, 08:08 PM

Ill never forget you, the way you would rush and leave and come back. Classic TP.
Koreancake is by far my fav rusher of all time

Otukura
01-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Koreancake is by far my fav rusher of all time

i best bird!
ha luck
go eat wood
people teach me no rush, i say go then attack now

We need a Koreancake quote thread.

Sapient
01-10-2012, 08:43 PM
i best bird!
ha luck
go eat wood
people teach me no rush, i say go then attack now

Fighter - Go
Waiter - Wait
Fighter - Why?
Waiter - Just wait
Fighter - Go -.-
Waiter - WAITTT!!!
Fighter - GOOOOOOO!!!!
Waiter - NOO WAIT!
Fighter - *Kills waiter*
Waiter - No rushing n00b *boots*

'Tis the world of PvP... :/.

MightyMicah
01-11-2012, 07:05 AM
@Sapient, not quite. It's more like:

Fighter: level?
Waiter: (fill in the blank)
Fighter: *thinks* "Oh good 5 levels lower" GO!
Waiter: wait!...

Then comes in your theory ;)

Zerious
01-11-2012, 11:54 AM
for me, rushing started with:

*joins game and gets spawn killed*
Me: ok? wth?
*rusher leaves*
Me: wow...
*other fighter approaches*
Me: go?
fighter: sec
Me:.....
*5 mins later*
Fighter: go
*I kill him in a sec*
Fighter: lag, rm.
Me: omg... (screw this) *rushes everyone and leaves relived of anxiety*
the end :)

Elitephonix
01-11-2012, 04:20 PM

Unless u full dex :D One blast shot=triple blast if there close enough

MightyMicah
01-12-2012, 09:42 AM
@zerious did you just explain my daily life on this game in one comment? What is this madness? Lol