PDA

View Full Version : PVE tank bear

Zewebaby
01-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Never played a bear before. Is pure str my best option? If not, how should i distribute my stats? Skill points as well, for that matter. Gold for gear is not an issue.

Sorry for the extremely open-ended question!

JaytB
01-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Pure str isn't the best for PvE, because even at end-level it seriously lacks hit%. Lower hit% means that a lot of your skills won't hit, making you pretty useless as 'crowd controller'. Easiest is to just put enough points in str so you can equip the desired str gear for your level, and put the rest of your points in Dex. Dex will increase your much needed hit% while almost keeping your skill dmg the same.

Edit: here's a link to one of Elly's guides. It contains, among other things, the skills and how to use them. Make sure you check out his other guides in the warriors section too. Feel free to ask questions if something isn't clear :)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=38241

NECROREAPER
01-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Another alternative is to put enough dex in order to get your hit% up to 100% then dump the rest into str. The benefit of this is an increase in skill damage, health, and dodge.

CrimsonTider
01-11-2012, 10:11 PM
I have a hard time getting links to attach on my phone, but MrWallace has a thread where he walks through leveling a bear from lvl 1 to 56. He breaks down skill point distribution, attribute points, and even the most effective gear at each level. One of the best guides made on the forums. Search for his name and and the guide should pop right up.

Found it:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?30624-Meet-Mrwallacejr

Thedexfalcon
03-12-2012, 04:48 AM
Another alternative is to put enough dex in order to get your hit% up to 100% then dump the rest into str. The benefit of this is an increase in skill damage, health, and dodge.

If you put enough dex to have 100 percent hit then you won't be able to wear str gear. That means your basically a dex bear now and they do tend to die quick although they have a high number in base health.

NECROREAPER
03-12-2012, 04:37 PM
If you put enough dex to have 100 percent hit then you won't be able to wear str gear. That means your basically a dex bear now and they do tend to die quick although they have a high number in base health.

No you won't. It means that youre putting in the minimum amount of dex. Needed to get 100%hit and then pumping the rest into str, meaning that you'll have like 200 points in that attribute which is way more than enough to equip any and all str items.

I think you have your equation backwards

JaytB
03-12-2012, 05:28 PM
No you won't. It means that youre putting in the minimum amount of dex. Needed to get 100%hit and then pumping the rest into str, meaning that you'll have like 200 points in that attribute which is way more than enough to equip any and all str items.

I think you have your equation backwards

A 66 bear with minimum points in str, with crafted Orlok set, gives you 95% hit. So, basically he was right ;)

Edit: here's a pic, so you can see for yourself. Note that base str is 150 (minimum required to wear str set), rest has been pumped into dex...

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/63f332fe.jpg

Edit2: just noticed this thread is OLD lol :D

NECROREAPER
03-12-2012, 05:52 PM
I use the exact opposite, just enough for 100 hit then the rest dex

And yeah this is old, thedexfalcon has been on a necroposting spree

JaytB
03-12-2012, 05:54 PM
I use the exact opposite, just enough for 100 hit then the rest dex

And yeah this is old, thedexfalcon has been on a necroposting spree

Ok it's an old thread, but please explain how you can get 100hit while wearing a crafted Orlok set. Cause you simply can't O.o

NECROREAPER
03-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Oh I don't wear crafted, I have a 63 set

EDIT**

Just checked my stats, using the full 63 2H orlok set I get 101% hit, but with my PvE set up (63 orlok armor+helm and crafted 65 orlok 2H) Im getting 98% hit.

JaytB
03-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Oh I don't wear crafted, I have a 63 set

Got ya. Uncrafted adds hit%, while crafted does not :)