PDA

View Full Version : enhancement to guild capabilties

Fusionstrike
01-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Here are some ideas for how to make guilds more an integrated part of PL. I suspect some of these ideas have been discussed elsewhere, but I didn't find them in a quick search.

Guild Stash
It would be really handy if the guild had its own stash that members could donate to. Other members could borrow from the stash of the guild to use the items. The items would lose all cash value as soon as donated. Borrowed items would be stuck with the borrower so they can't be sold, traded or given away. There would be some kind of limit on how many items any one member can borrow at a time. Basically it should work like a library. There would probably have to be some way to clean up the stash as well, or else a limit on how many of a given item can be in it just to keep it manageable.

Guild Bank
Members could borrow money from a guild bank. The bank balance is funded by the sale value of items donated to stash, e.g. donate one sword worth 100 coins and the balance goes up by 100. Members could only borrow a certain amount, e.g. something like 1k per level. Once a player borrows from guild bank, all coins earned go automatically to pay off the debt until it's gone. (Fans of classic games will recognize this as the credit card system used in Kid Icarus.) Debt is persistent even if the player leaves the guild; the player keeps paying off the debt and is unable to borrow in any other guild until the debt is paid off. (There may need to be a rule across alts as well.)

Guild Roles
Right now we have the following guild permissions, each associated with a role:

invite player to guild (recruiter)
boot player from guild (officer)
assign player to different role (master)

I propose adding a few more permissions:

Borrow from guild stash
Borrow from guild bank
Clean up guild stash

I also think the guild master should be able to define roles. This would mean giving the role a name and selecting the permissions assigned for the role. For example, "private" could borrow from stash, "veteran" could borrow from stash and bank, "lieutenant" could invite and boot, and "captain" could invite, boot, assign roles. This would be one way to distribute guild management responsibility to others besides the GM and also define ways for players to become more trusted in their guild. And as a bonus there would be the freedom to create roles with names that fit the guild's theme, so there may even be roles without any specific guild function per se, but could be used to designate other assignments, e.g. "pvp captain" or "farming captain".

Guild Leader Boards
It would be very handy to have info about guild member performance. Something like the top PvPer in the guild, top kill total, top donator to stash, top recruiter, etc. This could also be one metric for guild leadership to figure out who to promote to which roles.

I realize all of these ideas would be a significant amount of work to make possible. However, I think the guilds in PL need some work in order to become more integrated with the current game. Right now, there is not too much that guild membership offers. Any of these suggestions would make guilds more of a community that players, especially new players, can join. And players who feel like they belong are much more likely to stay.

Zewebaby
01-10-2012, 10:39 PM
I don't know how viable these things are, but I love everything you've proposed.

Shellkaz
01-11-2012, 08:21 AM
I would also like to see if Officer titles could be created, IE: PVP officer, Arms master, Training officer. Co-Leader.
This would be a huge bonus to Guild Masters. Everyone knows who the GM is but sometimes they don't know who to go to for other types of assistance.

adidaman
01-11-2012, 08:51 AM
Very nice. Posts like this deserve to be looked at.

Miner
01-11-2012, 09:59 AM
The guild leader boards is the part that catches my eye, that would be an interesting implement. However, the guild bank seems pretty shaky - a member could simply join, grab a bunch of cash, leave and hop to another guild. I acknowledge it will require a rank within the guild but still doesn't remain foolproof and is prone to problems. It is better to leave the bank role to a trustworthy officer or the guild master in my opinion.

Fusionstrike
01-12-2012, 12:07 AM
The guild leader boards is the part that catches my eye, that would be an interesting implement. However, the guild bank seems pretty shaky - a member could simply join, grab a bunch of cash, leave and hop to another guild. I acknowledge it will require a rank within the guild but still doesn't remain foolproof and is prone to problems. It is better to leave the bank role to a trustworthy officer or the guild master in my opinion.

Yes, I thought about that as well. That's why I proposed it to have a) a max limit that's level-based, b) require being paid off whether or not they're still in the guild, and c) block borrowing from any other guild they may join while the debt is still outstanding. With such an implementation, the most a player could do is grab their level-limited max from one guild, leave that guild, and never get another coin to call his own until the system reclaims the entire loan automatically from his future proceeds. I think this pretty well defeats the "borrow and run" strategy.

Ocakavy
01-23-2012, 09:07 AM
Ideas like these should be implemented or even acknowledged by devs. But where are their responses??

Shellkaz
01-24-2012, 08:19 AM
Another thing I would really like to see is a guild message board. Members could set up leveling runs, farming runs or pvp matches. The guild master could announce contests. It would be a quick way to get information to guild mates in case of a change in guild rules or policies.

Elyseon
01-24-2012, 04:00 PM
I mentioned alot of this in a really long thread a while back, but i think it was so long devs didnt want to read lol. Glad its being brought up again. Hope this is added, Guilds can really make the game for some people so the better they are the awesomer the game is. 1 other suggestion: Be able to buy a statue of the GM ^.^