PDA

View Full Version : so i have this issue...

razerfingers
01-11-2012, 12:23 AM
What ever happened to speaking your opinion freely on here and having people listen and give constructive critism and not flame,troll, or anything else other than state their opinion. I feel that the past thread i was posting in wasnt allowing me to post my opinion and be able for it to be seen but i cant control how you all take my posts i also cant control how you take this thread and dont really care if anyone posts in it but i value my opinion and dont expect to be shot down in the dust to where i feel i cant post it anymore but if you made it this far thanks for reading and i didnt make this as a complaining thread just an fyi

NECROREAPER
01-11-2012, 12:31 AM
It's that everyone is trying to be forum police now.

The issue is that there are many well known and respected forum member who are simply doing the same thing they've been doing for forever, enjoying the game and keeping the game and forums a safe place. The thing is, many newer players who are... "star-struck" per se, seek to emulate their forum idols, thus trying to police the forums. What people don't realize is that just because someone has a differening opinion, it does not mean that they're trolling/arguing/flaming/fighting.

It also doesn't help that the average age of the forumers and in game players has dropped drastically, and the maturity of said players shines clear.

razerfingers
01-11-2012, 12:45 AM
Yeah, i can see that but its like gahh where did the forum i was use to disappear to? Where i couod say my opinion and people state theirs without it being stated and trolling/flaming/arguing just i guess this is how things evolve? I noticed it more since the GoA and star guards came about more people considering opinions as flaming and trolling just to get a special meaningless title that doesnt grant you anymore money you make in real life its just frustrating to me thats all

Siejo
01-11-2012, 01:16 AM
Thank you for being honest and truthful. It is sad some feel the need to flame or troll when you are trying to be helpful. Just ignore them and carry on because there are far more people who actually value honest opinions. Keep your head up and speak your mind in a respectful manner and you will gain double that in return.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
01-11-2012, 01:25 AM
Razer, I think that instead of giving constructive criticism (if they feel your opinion isnt correct to them), they think you'll ignore it, and instead say it in a much more violent way so that you'll be able to listen but in turn theyve said it so violently that it doesnt count as "constructive" and more like "hurtful criticism".
I'm not sure if you get what I'm trying to say lol but <---- that is true.

VVammothehammo
01-11-2012, 01:30 AM
Razer, I think that instead of giving constructive criticism (if they feel your opinion isnt correct to them), they think you'll ignore it, and instead say it in a much more violent way so that you'll be able to listen but in turn theyve said it so violently that it doesnt count as "constructive" and more like "hurtful criticism".

From what I've seen this is very true

razerfingers
01-11-2012, 01:36 AM
I get what you're saying but still it doesnt make up for the disrespec ive seen when trying to voice something

Arterra
01-11-2012, 08:49 AM
is that there were many well known

fixed that for you. no need to thank me.

Zeus
01-11-2012, 09:05 AM
Forum policing has relatively died down A LOT except for a few posters who still do it.

If this is a reference to Drao's thread, that wasn't a forum policing. There is a difference between opinions and greed/jealousy. You know very well what that post was.

MightyMicah
01-11-2012, 09:43 AM
What a stupid flame thread. I'm reporting all of you.....jk jk I agree Razor. You make some very good points sadly :\

Kahlua
01-11-2012, 10:02 AM
What ever happened to speaking your opinion freely on here and having people listen and give constructive critism and not flame,troll, or anything else other than state their opinion. I feel that the past thread i was posting in wasnt allowing me to post my opinion and be able for it to be seen but i cant control how you all take my posts i also cant control how you take this thread and dont really care if anyone posts in it but i value my opinion and dont expect to be shot down in the dust to where i feel i cant post it anymore but if you made it this far thanks for reading and i didnt make this as a complaining thread just an fyi

Thank you.

If you post ANYTHING that disagrees with someone, there's at least one person, generally an older forum member (age wise) or a young child trying to imitate what they've seen, who calls you a troll, say's you're flaming, or my personal favorite "If you don't agree with what was posted, don't post."

Apparently people want completely 1-sided discussions where everyone gives out cupcakes and hugs.

adidaman
01-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Sometimes trolls like me just need our breaks.

Defyduck
01-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Well said,there are certainly few people trying to be forum police but mostly are actualy not.When someone makes an opinion,its likely to be opposed by someone coz everyone has its own way of thinking.Does it makes him hater or troll?When someone posts a guide followed by another person,is the later person opposing?bieng more helpful?or expressing its own views?Taking my own example,I post in only those threads which i think i should,maybe coz i think this is my topic.This also was a reaction of an action.

ninjaduck
01-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Thank you for being honest and truthful. It is sad some feel the need to flame or troll when you are trying to be helpful. Just ignore them and carry on because there are far more people who actually value honest opinions. Keep your head up and speak your mind in a respectful manner and you will gain double that in return.

Couldnt agree more with you and Lightning. :/

razerfingers
01-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Forum policing has relatively died down A LOT except for a few posters who still do it.

If this is a reference to Drao's thread, that wasn't a forum policing. There is a difference between opinions and greed/jealousy. You know very well what that post was.

There was some forum policing saying whatevee whatever and such and such close this thread please.. thats in a way forum policing if a dev or mod feels the need to close a thread let them do it thats my opinion and Im not going to turn this into a flame thread so you'd say but really there was no greed/jealousy and it wasnt only his thread, and im not foing into detail cause everyone takes posts diffrently thsn others so i could offend you and make sense to someone else and imma leave it at that so id like it to stay on topic and not mention any threads ive been in thanks.

Artentreri
01-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Well, apparently I went to a school for trolls so...

razerfingers
01-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Well, apparently I went to a school for trolls so...

Artentreri
01-11-2012, 12:35 PM
Just a joke there Freddy, don't get your knives in a bunch. :)

razerfingers
01-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Just a joke there Freddy, don't get your knives in a bunch. :)
hahaa thats a good one i love it :)

Artentreri
01-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Right? :):):) Add me in game man, artentreri.

razerfingers
01-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Right? :):):) Add me in game man, artentreri.
i shall later on i gotta get goin to school now

Battlelock
01-11-2012, 01:08 PM
You are 100% correct Razer. Sadly it is STS that condones this behavior by appointing forum cops to troll and report.

My ABSOLUTE favorite is the grammar police :)

Artentreri
01-11-2012, 01:46 PM
The grammer what?

Battlelock
01-11-2012, 01:59 PM
The grammer what?
What the french, toast? :confused:

razerfingers
01-11-2012, 04:17 PM
I hate them like i type fast so i mix up letters but if i notice ill fix it but absolutely do not tell me i misspelled something it makes me feel like i dont know anything in a way its just so ugh

Artentreri
01-11-2012, 08:28 PM
I've just always spelled (mostly) everything out, kinda just an ocd thing.

BigBah
01-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Razed you are 100% correct my friend its one of the reasons sadly I don't enjoy the community very much anymore.

Artentreri
01-11-2012, 10:15 PM
So? I'm just sayin that he's never done anything wrong to me, so why throw age out there? I'll bet half of the pl community is under 16 at least now.

razerfingers
01-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Im glad to see more people are agreeing with me that i thought would and you guys that take the time to read this and say what i say is true and correct id the reasons why i, in a way keep coming back here because i know you will listen and tske notice to what i say and i thank all of you for that i love all you guys no matter how much i hate your guts and i dont really hate anyones guts :) god bless you all

LelouchX
01-12-2012, 03:49 PM
Don't get discouraged razor, just form a thinker skin. I'm trying to do the same thing, it's taking me time. If you offer your opinion respectfully about any situation and someone calls you a troll (it happens to me), then that person is the real troll, trying to get a rise out of you. Use the report post button, nobody likes a troll.

You are 100% correct Razer. Sadly it is STS that condones this behavior by appointing forum cops to troll and report.

My ABSOLUTE favorite is the grammar police :)
What behavior exactly are you talking about? Nobody appointed me a "forum cop." And i find this term offensive. I've been called a forum cop, and y? For noting the inappropriateness of certain posts and bringing it to the attention of devs, who might not have gotten a chance to see it yet? There are only a handful of devs, and they can't be everywhere. Nobody appointed me, I just come on here to contribute to productive threads, I don't see a problem reporting offensive things or giving my opinion when i see something offensive.

And personally, i hate grammar cops too. tons of people type on their phones, and others, like me, get so caught up in their thought that they type fast and mess up. If people can understand what i'm saying, who cares if i didn't capitalize my "i" or if i made a run on sentence.

Delphina
01-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Ok everyone.... Please keep this thread constructive.

razerfingers
01-13-2012, 08:16 PM
Ok everyone.... Please keep this thread constructive.