PDA

View Full Version : AO2 not dropping correct level

drewcapu
01-11-2012, 01:00 AM
Was playing AO2:3 on a L39 toon and dropped a L43 Pink Pharaohs Sword of Osiris instead of a L41.

(At the time of original post, I wasn't sure if AO2 drop level increases with each map. Some campaigns have different minimum drop levels depending on the map. Easiest example is Dark Forest, where DF1->L10, DF2->L11, DF3->L12, etc. With that in mind, the testing I did below are all on first maps of the campaign to avoid increasing the minimum drop level. The one exception is Croc Feud where I did most of my testing in Scalefield Homestead, where new swamp pinks/non-pinks drop properly at L30, but old swamp items are hit and miss.)

Edit (1/21/2011)
Forest Haven is ok. L1 toon dropping L1 items in Forest Have 1:Road to Forest Haven with high level present
Dark Forest is ok. L10 toon dropping L10 items in Dark Forest 1:Trail of Thieves with high level present
Balefort Castle is ok. L15 toon dropping L14/L15 items in Balefort 1: Broken Hearted Halls with high level present
Sandstone Caves is ok. L20 toon dropping L20/21 items in SSC1: Underground Desert & SSC3: Magic Rocks with high level present
Fathom Crypt is ok. L20 toon dropping L20 items in FC1: Bring on the Pain with high level present
Lost Expedition is ok. L25 toon dropping L25 items in LE1: The Missing Explorer with high level present

Ancient Swamps is somewhat ok. Dropping more L31 items than L30 to L30 toon in Blood on the Bayou with high level present (needs more testing)
Croc Feud is somewhat ok. Dropping more L31 items than L30 to L30 toon in Scalefield Homestead with high level present and with just L30s. (needs more testing, but I think L31s are dropping for a lot of items which do have L30 counterparts, Jewel Thief's Toad Leather Tunic being one pink example)

AO1 looks ok. L35 toon dropping a lot of L36 items in AO1:1 Desert Marauders with high level present
AO2 seems hit and miss. L40 toon dropping L40-42 in AO2:1 A Strange Find with high level present

Riccits
01-11-2012, 02:32 AM
mayb the threat level wasnt down enough.didnt test it yet since the system change, but drop lvl of ur own drop still depends of the threat level

ninjaduck
01-11-2012, 02:45 AM
Drew when you see me ingame, could you explain Scaled Farming please? I read some guides about it, but after doing lvl 10 runs in DF, we're both getting level 11-15 drops. Confused :s

Fyrce
01-11-2012, 02:57 AM
Hm?

We have done DF1 runs w/ two level 10s, pretty much rushing, and our drop from Silknight is Level 10. Your drop from the common mobs can sometimes be a different level, which again, is some of that inconsistent stuff. From Silknight, I've done level 8, 9 and 10 in rushes, and get level 10 items from this boss.

ninjaduck
01-11-2012, 03:03 AM
Hm?

We have done DF1 runs w/ two level 10s, pretty much rushing, and our drop from Silknight is Level 10. Your drop from the common mobs can sometimes be a different level, which again, is some of that inconsistent stuff. From Silknight, I've done level 8, 9 and 10 in rushes, and get level 10 items from this boss.

Hmm ok thanks :] Still not sure why i got a spiked club lvl 13/14 at a full lvl 10 run.

:)

Riccits
01-11-2012, 03:06 AM
Hm?

rushes means u didnt kill any mobs? the boss is there anyway...?

ninjaduck
01-11-2012, 03:10 AM
Apparently before he update, yiu had to get the threat to White.

drewcapu
01-11-2012, 03:11 AM
mayb the threat level wasnt down enough.didnt test it yet since the system change, but drop lvl of ur own drop still depends of the threat level

If that's true, it's not universal as you can rush Silknight in DF1 and drop L10 without killing anything else.
You can rush Dead Eyes in FC1 and drop L20.
Just did a quick test on my L40 toon solo and the first two drops were L40, one of which was after the first set of mobs, threat level yellow. Threat level never goes down to white.
Just ran my L40 with a group including a L44 and L47, killed boss and got a white L42 xbow.

Riccits
01-11-2012, 03:20 AM
If that's true, it's not universal as you can rush Silknight in DF1 and drop L10 without killing anything else.
You can rush Dead Eyes in FC1 and drop L20.
Just did a quick test on my L40 toon solo and the first two drops were L40, one of which was after the first set of mobs, threat level yellow. Threat level never goes down to white.
Just ran my L40 with a group including a L44 and L47, killed boss and got a white L42 xbow.

if u really rush silknight, then it definetly changed yes.

threat level mostly turns white if u r 1 level higher than ur drop will be. so u would need a lvl 11, 21, 31, 51 etc to see that.

threat level yellow can also give u the lowest drop, doesnt always need to be white.

with the old system the lvl of drop was also affected by the number of players in a party, if u solo, the threat level goes down much faster.

drewcapu, for me this seems a bug too, or we need to understand the system in a new way
other players seems to still affect ur drop somehow.

Fyrce
01-12-2012, 02:53 AM
The PL level drop change was based on this from SL:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?42189-1-1-Content-Update-(73230)

Right after this came out in SL, there was lots of discussion of this coming to PL from the players. Not sure if devs weighed in on this, but at some point, this of course, was ported to PL. I believe it was unannounced, but it was pretty noticeable for farmers.

CrimsonTider
01-12-2012, 04:18 AM
I know from doing Nuri runs on my 56 with the rest of the group being 65/66, I recieved all 56 drops from mobs and bosses. Also, when leveling another twink, recieved 51/53 drops in Sewers with higher level toons in my parties. Have not tested on lower level twinks tho.

drewcapu
01-23-2012, 11:31 AM
Made a bunch of updates to OP. Tested most campaigns up to AO2.
Not gonna bother with Skeller.
I could probably test FN still.
I might check out AO3.
BS/Nuri already confirmed ok by CrimsonTider.
Fang is ok.