PDA

View Full Version : Fun Skill Mapping Bug

Fyrce
01-11-2012, 01:36 AM
1. Take low level toon, make sure xp turned on (default).

2. Map skills to NOT the right most column, i.e. map skills to the left most or center columns.

3. Kill something. Check your skill map.

Have fun!

I first noticed this when, on a low level mage, I wanted to map Heal to column 2 so I could hide it, while I used my offensive skills. Due to this bug, it, of course, refused to hide.

And no, auto-leveling was not on. Or rather, where is this auto-leveling feature in PL? I assigned my own stats and my own skills, though thinking back it might have assigned automatically my 1st skill. It does seem like an auto-leveling bug, except in PL there' s no auto-leveling...?

It might work with any toon with a blank space in the right-most skill map column.

MightyMicah
01-11-2012, 06:17 AM
Ya i've noticed that too! its so annoying lol It stops at a certain level; i forget which though...

LwMark
01-12-2012, 02:39 AM
Wut happens?i wana kno before i try

JSL
01-12-2012, 11:19 AM
1. Take low level toon, make sure xp turned on (default).

2. Map skills to NOT the right most column, i.e. map skills to the left most or center columns.

3. Kill something. Check your skill map.

Have fun!

I first noticed this when, on a low level mage, I wanted to map Heal to column 2 so I could hide it, while I used my offensive skills. Due to this bug, it, of course, refused to hide.

And no, auto-leveling was not on. Or rather, where is this auto-leveling feature in PL? I assigned my own stats and my own skills, though thinking back it might have assigned automatically my 1st skill. It does seem like an auto-leveling bug, except in PL there' s no auto-leveling...?

It might work with any toon with a blank space in the right-most skill map column.

To note; this report isn't specific as to what happens with the bug. Can you specify what happens / what I should be seeing if I were to follow your steps?

adidaman
01-12-2012, 11:26 AM
The skills don't hide like they should. That's really all it is

AbsolutePally
01-12-2012, 01:16 PM
To note; this report isn't specific as to what happens with the bug. Can you specify what happens / what I should be seeing if I were to follow your steps?

If misused/abused it can be implemented to increase ones stats to a higher degree. I believe a couple of goas have sent a full report with their findings. I also specifically pmd you as well

JSL
01-12-2012, 02:53 PM
How can this increase one's stats to a higher degree? If you have specific information regarding that please PM it to me.

JSL
01-12-2012, 03:16 PM
This sounds like two separate issues that are being confused.

OP, correct me if I'm wrong, but the first ability you get, or first few, auto-map to your skill list. These auto-mapped skills then refuse to "hide" when trying to hide the skill list.

Meaning, the skill just never hides and so it's an annoying UI trait when it's supposed to hide. Does that sound like what you are trying to bug?

Fyrce
01-12-2012, 06:34 PM
They not only refuse to hide, they double map themselves. So if I have frost, lightning and heal in NOT the right most column, when I kill, I now get 6 skills (2 heals, 2 frosts, and 2 lightning) on my skill map.

I don't know what the others are talking about. For me, it's just an annoyance, since I wanted to hide my non-offensive skill(s). Also I like a clean skill palette. As far as I can tell, the skills GCD, etc like normal.

Swimmingstar
01-12-2012, 11:56 PM
On my friends account it mapped heal twice when I tried to remap.