PDA

View Full Version : Ambassadors

Beakofjustice
01-11-2012, 08:25 AM
Why do ambassadors even exist? An ambassador is supposed to provide two-way communication, but as far as I can see, the ambassadors of Alfreda exist for three reasons:

1) give out party hats
2) support sts no matter how hard sts works to gouge us and give the lie to their "free-to-play" claim.
3) stand around in town yelling, I'm here to help!!! So that they can teach people how to use the buttons that the tutorial already teaches.

Is there any way that an aoa provides useful feedback to sts from the players? Or are they just more candy coating for the obvious gouging that sts has taken on as its mission?

Ixillicus
01-11-2012, 08:29 AM
This is the kind of post that results in flaming. A better way to ask would be to say "What are the added benefits to the players, of having the AoA". Otherwise I just read this as your complaint about STS policies.

Dalinuel
01-11-2012, 08:30 AM
I think they made this program for the new people that come in and don't know what there doing especially with attribute and skill points and just in general to be there for someone new

Arterra
01-11-2012, 08:33 AM
if it means less players end up quitting, not understanding the game mechanics, with characters that have random skill allocation and stats evenly placed, then it is both good for players AND sts...

KhaosAngel
01-11-2012, 08:33 AM
Ha...at least you heard them talk.....I was in Balefort yesterday with 3 AOA and not a single one would talk. Even though questions were being asked..,silence! I asked if they would give party hats a few times...nothing:concern: They stood there like startled deer in headlights for a half hour. However I have also witnessed some great feedback and helping answers from a few of them!

adidaman
01-11-2012, 08:49 AM
Well all I can say is the ambassadors of alfreda make great pasta sauce :D

WoundedEagle
01-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Beak, you'd be happy to know this has all been fixed. Here's some facts that may interest you:

1. Ambassadors are around to give a warm welcome to new players. So I figure, since we are not in it for the Hats, might as well give them out. We are also working on Costumes to make us recognizable and use the Party hats for strictly Partying.
2. This was only during a certain time. Most would think of Ambassadors as a bit of a player style community leader. Since we are Ambassadors, we try to help. We also speak to devs frequently.
3. Next time you see someone yelling that, click on them and check what guild they're in. Most of us ambassadors took the liberty of deleting our quick chats to reverse the idea of spamming.

So bro. This is a bit harsh. Our mission as Ambassadors is to help. Make a noob and enter a town with Ambassadors. I assure you if you ask questions we will help. You obviously don't know us that well yet :S

ninjaduck
01-11-2012, 09:02 AM
I think your opinion used to be correct, but as Wounded said, the mods have picked up on it. asking if anyone needs an answer is alright, imo as long as it isn't a constant spam :)

Roc
01-11-2012, 09:10 AM
I can only speak for myself, but as for not answering questions being asked, I'm usually juggling 3 conversations at once when I'm on my AoA character so that when a new question arises it can sometimes get lost in the many PMs I'm trying to keep straight. It is an unfortunate loss, but definitely not intentional!

Zeus
01-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Ha...at least you heard them talk.....I was in Balefort yesterday with 3 AOA and not a single one would talk. Even though questions were being asked..,silence! I asked if they would give party hats a few times...nothing:concern: They stood there like startled deer in headlights for a half hour. However I have also witnessed some great feedback and helping answers from a few of them!

Might have been me, but I answer questions through PM's unless I'm being flooded with PMs and many are asking the same question. It's more difficult than you think, being an Amabassador. You have those who think you are a developer and you have to spend so much time convincing them otherwise, then you have those who want items and gold, then you have those who want to be AoA themselves. It's quite a lot. Just because I'm not talking outloud doesn't mean I'm not answering questions.

Also, you may have you ask your questions a few times if we are in a popular town like Balefort. Why? Everybody else is also PMing us.

Snakespeare
01-11-2012, 09:17 AM
Wounded... If you want to help, and be an ambassador... Then communicate to the devs the fact that they have abandoned their stated commitment to a free-to-play experience.

Why should he lie? You are NOT talking about the Ambassadors. This is just a ragefest 2011 continuation troll post.

Beakofjustice
01-11-2012, 09:18 AM
So why bother being an ambassador? What really is the point of having a title? Most of us have been helping others ever since we started playing... So why do you need a title to do that?

Zeus
01-11-2012, 09:27 AM
So why bother being an ambassador? What really is the point of having a title? Most of us have been helping others ever since we started playing... So why do you need a title to do that?

This is true, but most would prefer to chat with friends still. When you have a specialized program for it, there is a higher chance of players being helped.

Here is the breakdown:

An AoA helps a new player, new player gets interested, purchases platinum, more money for STS, the appearance of a friendly community.

And I'm not some kiss up either. I have my areas where I disagree with STS, I just show it without behaving like a troll or being bitter.

Snakespeare
01-11-2012, 09:42 AM

Ah, now we are on topic.

You ask why bother. Why organize the efforts to help the noobs? I can't speak for them, so I will guess. Early on after the first wave of GoAs, there was a section of the boards created for "Community Leaders". People were invited based on their join date, as well as the GoAs (we were about 6 at the time.) Everybody brainstorm, we were told, on how to help new players get started up and running. We threw out a few ideas, but frankly, we were not the group to do it. That board slowed after about ten days to almost no posts. We tried to start a group and discussed helping new people and the ins and outs of reporting, but that, too, petered out after a few days.

So they founded the AoAs. And look! They are not floundering. They are not petering out. They continue to help and they meet and discuss. It's better than it was.

So my guess is, all along the devs wanted to help the noobs. That's the reason.

WoundedEagle
01-11-2012, 09:51 AM
Wounded... If you want to help, and be an ambassador... Then communicate to the devs the fact that they have abandoned their stated commitment to a free-to-play experience.

It may not be public, but trust me, we are working on some awesome community concepts. I talk to them a lot about ideas and possible fixes. Hope you start feeling better about it,

-we

ninjaduck
01-11-2012, 10:24 AM

Might have been me, but I answer
questions through PM's unless I'm being flooded with PMs and many are asking the same question. It's more difficult than you think, being an Amabassador. You have those who think you are a developer and you have to spend so much time convincing them otherwise, then you have those who want items and gold, then you have those who want to be AoA themselves. It's quite a lot. Just because I'm not talking outloud doesn't mean I'm not answering questions.

Also, you may have you ask your questions a few times if we are in a popular town like Balefort. Why? Everybody else is also PMing us.

I was definitely . there. I was helping a guy with a mage build which took ages to do, so i was occupied :)

Snakespeare
01-11-2012, 11:19 AM
The purpose of this thread is to TROLL. I am going to try to stop responding.

AoAs, you KNOW that what he is saying is a lie. You do not need to prove anything. Try to resist the bait.

razerfingers
01-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Why do you have to be a lvl 10 to be an AoA its kind of a low number and not much to do except get your butt handed to in pvp cause you dont know whatcha doin

Nick41324
01-11-2012, 11:50 AM
Why do you have to be a lvl 10 to be an AoA its kind of a low number and not much to do except get your butt handed to in pvp cause you dont k ow whatcha doin
What would you prefer?..

And I know well enough what I'm doing when i walk into a PvP match on any character..

adidaman
01-11-2012, 11:58 AM
For everyones's sake, stop responding to them guys. I say them because razerfingers seems to have joined him in trolling the AOA. Just stop responding and wait for the thread to be locked

razerfingers
01-11-2012, 12:28 PM
For everyones's sake, stop responding to them guys. I say them because razerfingers seems to have joined him in trolling the AOA. Just stop responding and wait for the thread to be locked
trollers gonna troller haters gonna hate, not gonna stop my opinion from being said. and there was no troll in my post above thank you very much. i was simply asking why aoA's have to be lvl 10? theres notihing to do at that lvl really.

JaytB
01-11-2012, 12:30 PM
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/247ae263.jpg

Samhayne
01-11-2012, 12:40 PM
Hey Beakofjustice,

If you take a look at the Ambassador's Mission Statement: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?47633-Ambassadors-of-Alterra-Mission-Statement-and-Guidelines you can see that the program is a player one that has dev support. Their goals are not to provide feedback to Spacetime Studios, but instead to help new players have fun with the game. We get questions from interested players who want to contribute to the game community all the time. "How can I help?" "I want to be involved" The Ambassadors are one way we are supporting players to those ends. It also helps raise the quality of players playing Pocket Legends. You may have experienced loading into a pick up group where someone is playing, well, less than informed. The AoA help to address that by giving new players real advice. Not everyone learns the same way, and many often skip tutorials.

It seems to me that you have an axe to grind about our "lie to [Spacetime's] 'free-to-play' claim". I'd ask that if you have questions or concerns about that issue, that you write me directly instead of indirectly attacking a volunteer player group. My door is always open to you.

CrimsonTider
01-11-2012, 12:41 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?47719-AoA-application-D

@razerfingers

You don't want forum policing so here's my opinion. The above thread is your attempt to join this group of uneducated pvpers. Don't think you are helping your case.

Samhayne
01-11-2012, 12:42 PM
trollers gonna troller haters gonna hate, not gonna stop my opinion from being said. and there was no troll in my post above thank you very much. i was simply asking why aoA's have to be lvl 10? theres notihing to do at that lvl really.

The intent is for AoA characters to not be powerlevelers, which is probably what you get if you have a high level character in low level adventure areas. That's where the level 10 guideline comes from. If someone doesn't want to hang out on a toon at lvl 10 with exp turned off, then AoA is probably not the right outlet for them. No one has to be in AoA to be a helpful addition to the game community. This is just one way we're trying to support player initiatives.

razerfingers
01-11-2012, 12:45 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?47719-AoA-application-D

@razerfingers

You don't want forum policing so here's my opinion. The above thread is your attempt to join this group of uneducated pvpers. Don't think you are helping your case.
glad to see someone reads my threads :)