PDA

View Full Version : AoA and GoA

GELLIO77
01-11-2012, 01:08 PM
can someone explain the difference to me in detail? cos i dont get the difference 100% yet... but i understand what its about

ty for help

adidaman
01-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Edited to remove inaccurate information. Please see further down the thread for more accurate info.

ninjaduck
01-11-2012, 01:12 PM
A GoA is someone that STS has recognized for being helpful, but has no "duties". It's just a thank you

An AoA is mainly focused on the helping new players adapt to the game :)

Aww i was bound to be ninja'd :"(

GELLIO77
01-11-2012, 01:12 PM
oh ok, thnx for clearing that up with me

ninjaduck
01-11-2012, 01:14 PM
No problemo :)

CrimsonTider
01-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Guys... ask any, ANY GoA and the answer is simple: it is a "thank you" from STS. We have zero responsibility and zero expectations (other than to continue to be positive community members.) We were helpful and helped to keep the community moving in a positive direction without incentive and rewarded for such.

AoA's are actually asked to help the community and be accessible for certain events.

Please dont confuse the two nor think the Community Shield equals responsibility/elite status. We maintain as a group we are normal, everyday players like everyone else. Thus why you rarely see us "flash" our shields.

StompArtist
01-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Keep in mind that GoA and AoA no matter past action can be stripped of the honor at any time as well.

CrimsonTider
01-11-2012, 01:31 PM
Nope. :) Was raised to always remember that no matter how good/smart you are at something, there is always someone, somewhere, who is better/smarter. I am very grounded and realistic of my limitations.

As my grandfather use to say:

"I am a jack of many trades and a master of none."

adidaman
01-11-2012, 01:42 PM
Fair enough. Comment revoked

Silentarrow
01-11-2012, 04:08 PM
As said above, GOA's don't apply for their job and aren't expected to do anything! AOA's on the other hand apply to their job and are expected to help others.

NECROREAPER
01-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Please don't ever forget that GOA have no responsibility.

Sam has said it himself, GOA have no responsibility after gaining the title.

Appleisaac
01-11-2012, 04:48 PM
aww i was bound to be ninja'd :"(

ninja was ninja'd?!?!? What is the world coming to?!?

ninjaduck
01-11-2012, 04:50 PM
aww i was bound to be ninja'd :"(

ninja was ninja'd?!?!? What is the world coming to?!?

Ikr! :S

Redbridge
01-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Hey gellio

I'm thinking you got the answer you were looking for but just to reiterate the answers above.

GOA's got a 'Thanks' from STS. This can't be applied for as its given at the discretion of STS. Check this link which should explain it - http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19028-Become-a-%91Guardian-of-Alterra%92-and-Earn-a-Highly-Exclusive-Community-Shield!

AoA's actually have a role, to integrate newer players into the world of PL in as smooth a way possible to help newer players 'hit the ground running'. The first 20 (ish) founders were selected with a further handful invited to join by STS. New applications are being accepting and this link explains the role clearly and how to apply. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?47633-Ambassadors-of-Alterra-Mission-Statement-and-Guidelines

There is plenty of misunderstanding in the community (for many reasons) of what the GoA role is so whilst well intentioned, please ignore the first two answers as they suggest 'enforcement' and 'duty' which are not words I'd associate with GoA's at all. (check out many of my other threads which repeatedly point everyone back to the original GoA thread I've link again, but unfortunately the misunderstanding still exists as it is loosely defined, and this is by no means aimed at the first two posters. If it comes across like that then I fully apologise but read the bottom line of my sig. I'd be happy to expand "for many reasons" if required but it is in a few of my previous posts. PM me if needed.)

Pandar
01-11-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm going to lock the thread here as I think we've summed everything up well.

GoA: A thank you from STS to community members who have gone above and beyond to contribute to the community and game. No active "duties"

AoA: A group with the sole purpose of helping new players ease into the community and game, and expected to be positive, friendly members of the community.

There is actually no "required" duties for AoA either, it is just as much of a reward for being helpful to new players as GoA is to its members.