PDA

View Full Version : A queue for PUGs (Start when full)

Snakespeare
01-11-2012, 01:34 PM
When you have a timed elixir, you don't want to stand around waiting for your PUG to fill up. What we currently do is hover at the Join Game screen, refreshing, until we see one change from 1 player to 3, or so, THEN jump in.

But here's an idea that would be even better. For those who buy plat elixirs, there would be a switch called "Start when full" when you create a game, and you would spin in limbo with a cancel option waiting while the instance is filled. During this time the timer wouldn't increment. There would also be a symbol or text color associated with the instance in Join Game showing that it's a Start-when-full game. Once it hits 5, everyone spawns and away we go!

How would it be paid for? Well, actually, I was hoping that, since it would be primarily used by the elixir buyers, it will simply encourage people to keep buying them, since they will feel like they are getting more bang for the buck. People might buy more elixirs if they know they will get every second of juice out of them. A win-win... because the devs can pitch it as a value-added bonus for those who support the development.

Gracious
01-11-2012, 01:41 PM
I like it.
+1

Skeletonlord
01-11-2012, 01:52 PM
this is a great idea! +1!

drewcapu
01-11-2012, 01:53 PM
get rid of magic portals

make a platform in towne for each map in the campaign.

once 5 people are standing on the portal, warp them to the map.

WhoIsThis
01-11-2012, 04:53 PM
The reason why I recommended making segregating games a while back was exactly for this reason. To maximize the elixir use of elixir users, to prevent perceptions of leeching, and for non-elixir users, to minimize the pressure that they have to "pot up".

JaytB
01-19-2012, 03:48 PM
+1
Great suggestion!

Ebalere
01-19-2012, 04:02 PM
I like! Would love to see this in SL!

XghostzX
01-19-2012, 04:26 PM
+1 Exactly what I would do.