PDA

View Full Version : new vanity drops

Nick41324
01-11-2012, 02:29 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I want to see some new vanity items (helms, shields, armor, and maybe even pets) drop in the next campaign! Perhaps add a few more vanities to the market when the level cap is raised? I would be happy with one tho :)

Anyone else in agreement?

PL Playa
01-11-2012, 03:45 PM
I agree there really isn't much that drops which you can sell, most of it comes from platinum or events

Nick41324
01-11-2012, 03:59 PM
I agree there really isn't much that drops which you can sell, most of it comes from platinum or events
And it's quite understandable why most of the new vanities are bought with platinum.

Roc
01-11-2012, 05:28 PM
I like this idea! There should be more on the market than hooch hats and rabbit ears ;) I would like to see fedoras and bandannas and all sorts of outrageous and fashionable vanities!

Swimmingstar
01-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Yeah like SL!

Nick41324
01-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Yeah like SL!
Exactly like SL! I wish 1-2 new drop-able vanities would be released with each new campaign.

PL Playa
01-11-2012, 08:05 PM
And it's quite understandable why most of the new vanities are bought with platinum.

Well at least they don't have hundreds of advertisements...

Nick41324
01-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Well at least they don't have hundreds of advertisements...
I think that's because the PL audience is much larger than SL. They make much more money off of PL.

Also... They have a business to run. They cant keep their company running if platinum was free and there was no advertising.

zappaxe
01-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Nick great idea!! Only problem is that newbies will see them and be like "ohh I want that!!" and one of us will say "in cs" and they will go to cs and see the vanity for 1 mil. Then they would want to farm and well.. It's in a 60+ dungeon and then they will leave and what will be the point of the AOA's??

All I'm saying is if they put this in one dungeon they should put them in all. Also to prevent high lvls from just farming FH they could make it so they only droped in YOUR recommended dungeon.
Just my 2 cents

-Zappaxe

Edit: by your I didn't mean nicks I meant your chars :D

Nick41324
01-12-2012, 07:41 PM
Nick great idea!! Only problem is that newbies will see them and be like "ohh I want that!!" and one of us will say "in cs" and they will go to cs and see the vanity for 1 mil. Then they would want to farm and well.. It's in a 60+ dungeon and then they will leave and what will be the point of the AOA's??

All I'm saying is if they put this in one dungeon they should put them in all. Also to prevent high lvls from just farming FH they could make it so they only droped in YOUR recommended dungeon.
Just my 2 cents

-Zappaxe

Edit: by your I didn't mean nicks I meant your chars :D
I think that applies with just about every item in game... XD

Look at the hooch hats, they only drop in the swamp area (Lvl 28 minimum access). Look at SL, new vanities are constantly being added to the new lvl caps.

Onaraasider
01-12-2012, 07:45 PM

Just my 2 cents

-Zappaxe

Edit: by your I didn't mean nicks I meant your chars :D...or they could m make vanity for almost every dungeon and have people be able to farm them, and one million is a lot,should be worth 500k,hooch hats only worth 10k,lol

Nick41324
01-12-2012, 08:08 PM
It is solely based off what the players think its worth. Developers cannot put a item that drops in game and pick a specific price for it. If new vanities were to drop, I would think they would be 5m+ the first week or so then slowly drop down to about 300k-500k over time.

Has to do with supply and demand :) (not many vanities, lots of customers. Price skyrockets to the price the buyers will pay).

crestmage
01-12-2012, 08:17 PM
yea. Pl could rlly use some customizing changes. All the characters look almost the same with using the same vanity gear over and over. Wish there could be more to choose from, and also not buying it with plat but gold too.

zappaxe
01-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Ona to tell the truth one mil would be a cheap price for a new tradeable vanity. Once it settles down the price will drop but I wouldn't be surprised if a new vanity hit a high price.

Nick41324
01-12-2012, 08:35 PM
yea. Pl could rlly use some customizing changes. All the characters look almost the same with using the same vanity gear over and over. Wish there could be more to choose from, and also not buying it with plat but gold too.
In game gold doesn't keep StS in business ;)

I didn't mean to bash your idea. It truly is a great idea, but I just don't see in game gold as being the way to purchase it.

JTZ
01-15-2012, 12:40 AM
i agree with this completely, i always see the other vanity stuff in cs and its empt...its a waste of cs space, kind of like the rings used to do.

CodyBearr
01-15-2012, 01:38 AM
Yeah PL deff needs some new vanity items! Pets and all... When I get on SL I see how much they have & I'm all What The?!?! Also I'm still waiting for the option to trade rings

CodyBearr
01-15-2012, 01:51 AM
Also there is no negative to having more vanities (pets, back armor, shields, helms, suits) and if you wanted to keep some "rare" so only some players have make as a drop like the ones in SL