PDA

View Full Version : Is this getting on any elses nerves

tjornan
07-24-2010, 09:14 AM
Hey all,

So i see ppl more and more frequently saying "teaching spam emotes for 15k!" i dont really understand this. Not to mention that i hve a bed connection anyway. The moment everyone starts spamming, my game freezes. Then i get disconnected. Then i hve to log back on which takes several tries becuz for some reason, when i click on the app, the spacetimestudios sign comes up, like normal. But then Sometimes it goes to the log in screen sometimes it goes back to my homepage. Also becuz of my bad connection, it takes awhile for the game to appear. Takes about 10 minutes average to getin.

Royce
07-24-2010, 09:36 AM
My guess is they are just teaching the shortcuts. Most people know you can shake to set off the wave emote, but there are actually swipes, etc. that you can use to fire off some of the other emotes. Anyway, yeah it's stupid. Skill spamming gives me much worse lag than emotes though...

Rarefew
07-24-2010, 11:04 AM
When mages purposely use revive that's annoying

Neurion
07-24-2010, 11:25 AM
I suggest turning off the high quality graphics setting. I can imagine that bandwidth-wise, there nothing different with skill/emote spams and say, one player moving left and right repeatedly. Most probably it's the iDevice's graphics rendering that's lagging/crashing. Your login problems are then caused by the "unclean" logon state that the crash left over.

That said, I hate spamming too.

Royce
07-24-2010, 11:47 AM
I suggest turning off the high quality graphics setting. I can imagine that bandwidth-wise, there nothing different with skill/emote spams and say, one player moving left and right repeatedly. Most probably it's the iDevice's graphics rendering that's lagging/crashing. Your login problems are then caused by the "unclean" logon state that the crash left over.

That said, I hate spamming too.

You are right about the problem, but I have always had high quality off and unfortunately it doesn't help much. The problem is that some skills, particularly the blessings, and rez, followed by heal, the screams, etc. as well as some emotes, particularly party, are simply pushing the limits of the less powerful iDevices, so spamming them can produce incredible lag to the point of even freezing up.

flaimdude
07-24-2010, 12:58 PM
"teaching spam emotes for 15k!"

That is brilliant, I'm totally going to do that now. :D

haroldiv
07-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Anyone I see doing this gets a permanent douche card. This is a small example of the worst part of humanity. Not only spreading grief but profiting off it.

KingFu
07-26-2010, 06:01 PM
UGG! I liked it better back when the only ones I knew that could spam emote were me, lone, banana, and res, and a few others. Now people aren't even selling for 15K, more like 5K, it's terrible, I hate it personally...