PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail to Gmail?

Draopwnzall
01-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Is Gmail safer than Hotmail? I need to hear your opinions on wether I should switch to Gmail to keep me from, you know, again.

Ardon
01-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Is Gmail safer than Hotmail? I need to hear your opinions on wether I should switch to Gmail to keep me from, you know, again.

I've never used Hotmail, nor do i know anyone who uses it anymore lol

I use Gmail and I love it. I've never had a problem with it. Also, I've noticed that i get a lot less spam then when i used yahoo mail.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

javier995
01-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Gmail is so much better, Hotmail kinda sucks that's why not many use it lol.

Idk Ardon, i have like 1800 spam in my Gmail lol, but I've had it for like 2 1/2 years.

dugantale
01-11-2012, 07:45 PM

I've never uses Hotmail, nor do i know anyone who uses it anymore lol

I use Gmail and I love it. I've never had a problem with it. Also, I've noticed that i get a lot less spam then when i used yahoo mail.

I use hotmail, alot.

Paar
01-11-2012, 07:46 PM
I use Gmail. Nuff Said.

Ardon
01-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Gmail is so much better, Hotmail kinda sucks that's why not many use it lol.

Idk Ardon, i have like 1800 spam in my Gmail lol, but I've had it for like 2 1/2 years.

I'm talking about spam that gets in your main inbox. Not the spam inbox.

Though, I looked at my spam inbox right now and it only had 8 spans emails in it. Then again i go through it monthly and haven't done so since Dec 3rd.

My main inbox is virtually clean of spam. It may have some in there but very few, or from random sites I've forgotten that I subscribed too haha

JaytB
01-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Honestly, I believe both Hotmail and Gmail are quite safe to use. When these accounts get compromised, it's usually a 'user-error' IMO. Make sure you use a UNIQUE and non-obvious password for your mail, something that you don't use anywhere else. I've been using both Hotmail and Gmail, and never had any problems security wise (although I lean towards Gmail because of different reasons than security).

Choosing a 'safe' password is important too. At work for example, I often get in contact with confidential information, that's why my password needs (company guidelines) to be at least 8 chars long, needs to contain at least 1 uppercase character, 1 special symbol (like @, &, °...) and 1 number.

Security starts with the user, more as with the software they use IMO