PDA

View Full Version : Going All Out FFA!!!

crestmage
01-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Ok so here is what basically this thread is for - summing up all those scattered threads on pl forums bout no more 1vs1.
It's simple as that: NO MORE 1VS1 in maps. Instead of being 1vs1 unless stated, why shouldn't it be the other way round?? (If u look closely, the maps' descriptions have "team deathmatch" in them, instead of "1-1" )
So if u enter a map now, instead of asking "FFA?" u ask "1vs1"? Plus if u rlly wanna challenge another player to 1vs1 there's always the new 1-1 map coming out soon (so i heard, or it could already be out).:shame:

For all those that have dearly missed the old non-competitive-friendly-and-full-of-sportsmanship gaming that PL once had,
Crest :02.47-tranquillity:

Sun
01-11-2012, 10:03 PM
I support this movement 100%

Zerious
01-11-2012, 10:14 PM
lol k... I'm such a hipster at this

Swimmingstar
01-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Eh... well takes some adapting. I don't want to go grab a snack or something and come back dead.

MightyMicah
01-11-2012, 10:16 PM
I like it. I'm so sick of 1v1 someone, owning them, they get mad and rush me -_- Hopefully this will help that alot because everyone is "rushing." lol I'm in full support.

CrimsonTider
01-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Or... you can always make your own game or leave if people don't want to ffa. Just like in pve, should always respect the hosts intent. There are always alternatives.

Walkhardd
01-11-2012, 10:34 PM
I would be in on this...a lot of times during the day I have a couple spare minutes, and want to just hop on and fight. Instead, ill enter a game and say, "player x go?..,player y go?...anyone go?" ...ugh..gotta get back to work >_< ..I would love to just enter a game where everyone is already fighting..kill, or be killed! :D

Otukura
01-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Or... you can always make your own game or leave if people don't want to ffa. Just like in pve, should always respect the hosts intent. There are always alternatives.

^^, but i[ ther's n hot then I' assmin] its [[A.

Edit: wow, guess I'll leave my little fail there for everyone to see... little macro glitch I think. Meant:
"^^, but if there's no host, then I'm assuming its FFA."

and adding: 1-1 is pretty boring for me, which is why I don't do it. Plus all my twink builds are geared towards FFA.

Appleisaac
01-11-2012, 10:43 PM
Honestly I have just started ffa'ing a little while ago... It's A TON more fun then 1v1 IMO. However i think that until 1v1 maps are implemented that there is no chance of switching the "standerd" mode for pvp. :-/

CrimsonTider
01-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love to FFA. I think getting a full 5v5 in Alien Underground is some of the most fun in PL. However, when in forest fight, and a group of friends are rotating 1v1 and someone gets dc'd leaving a spot open for a "rusher" to take advantage of nonsuspecting individuals, not cool. Has to be a happy medium. Is it really that difficult to take 1 sec to type "FFA?" or put in a loadout?

XghostzX
01-11-2012, 11:25 PM
With ya 100% bro.

Appleisaac
01-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love to FFA. I think getting a full 5v5 in Alien Underground is some of the most fun in PL. However, when in forest fight, and a group of friends are rotating 1v1 and someone gets dc'd leaving a spot open for a "rusher" to take advantage of nonsuspecting individuals, not cool. Has to be a happy medium. Is it really that difficult to take 1 sec to type "FFA?" or put in a loadout?

Well... You are right. Rushing is how MOST FFA matches are started :( I usually leave if a 1v1 turns into an FFA because of someone taking "revenge" or "noob calling".

crestmage
01-11-2012, 11:53 PM
It'll definitely take A LOT of getting used to. But i believe that once this new system is established well, it'll be so much more fun in PL. :)

crestmage
01-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Well... You are right. Rushing is how MOST FFA matches are started :( I usually leave if a 1v1 turns into an FFA because of someone taking "revenge" or "noob calling".

Exactly. Those are not the FFA im talking bout. those r the kinds that are mostly geared over to "non-friendly" concept.

crestmage
01-12-2012, 12:03 AM
lol k... I'm such a hipster at this

Lol ya. Did u know that i started this thread cuz i saw ur post? :>

Edit: the one bout the rusher concerted thing

VVammothehammo
01-12-2012, 02:33 AM
I already turn almost all matches into FFA being an unknown terrorist (I'm not giving out my usernames here) and I believe PvP was MEANT to be FFA, I will later when I get my goal of four twinks established with positive KDR's making a FFA guild where twinks can join, and FFA between in-guild or the community!

CrimsonTider
01-12-2012, 04:25 AM
I already turn almost all matches into FFA being an unknown terrorist (I'm not giving out my usernames here) and I believe PvP was MEANT to be FFA, I will later when I get my goal of four twinks established with positive KDR's making a FFA guild where twinks can join, and FFA between in-guild or the community!

So, help me understand, you enter games and "ffa" (or rush) whether it is ffa or not? And you are doing this to raise your kdr?

If the answer is yes, then this is the part of rushing I cannot stand. People ruining other peoples playing experience because they are worried about having positive kdr. It is one thing for ffa to exist to have fun and speed up gameplay. It is another to purposely ruin another players experience because you need to help get your kills higher than your deaths.

VVammothehammo
01-12-2012, 04:38 AM
So, help me understand, you enter games and "ffa" (or rush) whether it is ffa or not? And you are doing this to raise your kdr?

If the answer is yes, then this is the part of rushing I cannot stand. People ruining other peoples playing experience because they are worried about having positive kdr. It is one thing for ffa to exist to have fun and speed up gameplay. It is another to purposely ruin another players experience because you need to help get your kills higher than your deaths.

No, (my KDR is pretty good almost 2:1) this is the way I PvP, and to be very honest I think PvP was meant to be FFA, the arenas say death match and free for all, so let it be what it is meant to be... My first ever twink failed, I had a very bad build, I respec-ed it, I got to 1:1 then soon after i was at 2:1, that was when I didny't play FFA...

VVTH

saool
01-12-2012, 06:18 AM
Like most would agree...a FFA friendly game (where it's all friends that are aware that it's FFA) can be tremendously fun;however, you do get a rusher every now and then at (player x go?) game and it turns into a rage FFA...to try and take out the "noob" that's trying to up their k/d...then it becomes no fun. Like Crim said FFA in the shadow map is freakin' sweet! With players who understand that there's no need for the rage lol :)

Viva La FFA!!!

crestmage
01-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Like most would agree...a FFA friendly game (where it's all friends that are aware that it's FFA) can be tremendously fun;however, you do get a rusher every now and then at (player x go?) game and it turns into a rage FFA...to try and take out the "noob" that's trying to up their k/d...then it becomes no fun. Like Crim said FFA in the shadow map is freakin' sweet! With players who understand that there's no need for the rage lol :)

Viva La FFA!!!

Totally. The real FFA is when everyone agrees to have it, instead of some noobs trying to get out at each other with spwning.

Elitephonix
01-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Well looks like more kills for me then...

crestmage
01-15-2012, 08:05 PM
Well looks like more kills for me then...

Lol MMHMHM... meaning me or.... :sour:
Edit: Chinaman "rules" !:tongue:

crestmage
03-25-2012, 09:27 PM
pvp HAS hit a downfall. Does that mean we can't change it back? No. TBH ever since GCD, pvp has slowed a bit, alot of the oldies have left, new gen has basically taken over. But youll still find some of em oldies scattered here and there. =] The ones who dont have to rush to get kills.

#pvp HAS hit a downfall. Does that mean we can't change it back? No.#

Elitephonix
03-25-2012, 11:22 PM
Old post and are you coming back crest?

crestmage
03-25-2012, 11:50 PM
Hope to. Wish to. Yearn to. Just mebbe i will (i hope :p )
i'll catch u in-game if i ever go back on again ;)

STINKY
03-26-2012, 05:38 AM
I AGREE WITH YOU!!!! STS HASNT ENFORCED IT SO I DONT SEE WHY PEOPLE SAY UGH RUSHER! IF YOU WANT A NON RuSHING GAME, MAKE A PRIVATE!

Appleisaac
03-26-2012, 06:44 AM
I AGREE WITH YOU!!!! STS HASNT ENFORCED IT SO I DONT SEE WHY PEOPLE SAY UGH RUSHER! IF YOU WANT A NON RuSHING GAME, MAKE A PRIVATE!

Sounds like your rushing instead of ffa'ing :-/

crestmage
03-26-2012, 08:03 AM

err srry dude, but that's not what i meant. U dont get in a game n start killing everyone unawares... at least ask : "ffa?" then if not, suggest so.

GELLIO77
03-26-2012, 11:00 AM
@ crest

u want ffa? play sl lol

and normally you can tell the oldies by the kills... they have a lot like lone and kelly in the 60k ish region i think?

Gaunab
03-26-2012, 11:43 AM
@ crest

u want ffa? play sl lol

and normally you can tell the oldies by the kills... they have a lot like lone and kelly in the 60k ish region i think?

If that was true, Kan and Kelly would be the only oldies ingame.

How to recognize (most) oldies:

- They won't cry and curse if they get rushed, they fight back.
- They in most cases encourage FFA and aren't too worried about ratio etc...
- They actually know how to play efficiently within a team
- You simply know them. :p

GELLIO77
03-26-2012, 01:13 PM
lol gau, the onll time i played cap was at 55 so i dont know anything about current endgame,

and anyways the last one lol ''you simply know them'' they r so good how can you not?

Late
03-26-2012, 04:31 PM
Level that you will be FFAing?

Apostel
03-26-2012, 05:01 PM
Before this thread turns out in a flame war, here my experience in this point:

I always call out before starting FFA by my own: FFA NO HATE JUST PLAY;)
This gives the opponents to react when they read this to a) leaving b) agree with the terms of the ppl (me) and start a clean ffa. I do this for couple of weeks yet and having fun. ( mostly with my L32 twink)

crestmage
03-28-2012, 05:30 AM
Before this thread turns out in a flame war, here my experience in this point:

I always call out before starting FFA by my own: FFA NO HATE JUST PLAY;)
This gives the opponents to react when they read this to a) leaving b) agree with the terms of the ppl (me) and start a clean ffa. I do this for couple of weeks yet and having fun. ( mostly with my L32 twink)

yeah that's awesome :)

EDIT: ermmm not the 'flame war part" =_= ur methods r nicely done tho :)

crestmage
03-28-2012, 05:31 AM
@ crest

u want ffa? play sl lol

hahah 60k region??? tell me if u see at least 10 "oldies" with that, okay? :)
P.S. Only ten will do :)

Dexwerewolf
03-28-2012, 06:56 AM
the best place for FFA is the Unknown world one but it say that its in 5plat:(