PDA

View Full Version : Bowchantress

Salutee
07-24-2010, 11:17 AM
I have a lvl 25 bowchantress and love it. However what should I put my skill points in and should I go all dex or do 142 dex and str for the health increase?

Royce
07-24-2010, 05:40 PM
I say go pure Dex, no Str, and in the future some Int might be beneficial (when we get stat-driven skills), but not for now.
As for skills, I say max lightning and heal first, keep 1 point in rez and magic shield, then max firestorm, drain, and both debuffs and buffs in whatever order (it's good to put one in each buff as you get them though, and then max them when possible). The last 2 points can go into either ice spell. Frostbite seems more attractive for a ranged character, but in practice I find it much less useful than icestorm.

-Rexon
07-24-2010, 06:56 PM
Just a warning. When I was a Bowchantress I liked it and its DPS was really good but its Health and Armour just wasn't good enough to deal with those hard bosses because Enchantress only start with 200 HP. For now it'll be good but once you reach a higher level, your ratio might fall.
However, if you like it, ignore what I said and keep using your ranged weapons and hope you don't die.

Royce
07-24-2010, 08:07 PM
Just a warning. When I was a Bowchantress I liked it and its DPS was really good but its Health and Armour just wasn't good enough to deal with those hard bosses because Enchantress only start with 200 HP. For now it'll be good but once you reach a higher level, your ratio might fall.
However, if you like it, ignore what I said and keep using your ranged weapons and hope you don't die.

I disagree. If you max BOV, and alternate it with mana shield, you can actually survive quite well in my experience.

-Rexon
07-24-2010, 09:28 PM
What's BOV?
Anyways, you can survive if you are careful but the 200 health is definitely is an issue. I think a Paladin beats the Bowchantress in every way because more armour and HP to endure the hits. However, Bowchantress does have the range... Lol. I'm not sure which one is better. >.<
EDIT: I just realised BoV was Blessing of Vitality.

Jstizar
07-25-2010, 01:51 AM
Your health doesn't just start at 200, it stays at 200 unless you put stat points in str.

-Rexon
07-25-2010, 05:05 AM
Yes I know that... However, even if you put all your stats into strength while putting 142 Dex like he wants it'll only raise the HP to 220-230. Which hardly helps. 50+ HP is what makes a difference not only 20-30.