PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

Irishcow
02-04-2020, 08:34 PM
Is spectating in pvp still a possibility or is there a 0% chance that its gonna happen. @Cinco
Sometimes I just wanna watch and not play or I just wanna watch a tournament even though I don't play anymore.

Dolloway
02-04-2020, 09:38 PM
There should be a 'Spectator Mode' or extra team added to pvp maps just for spectators. They would spawn on the outside of the map and be able to watch the action from there. Maybe there would be a limit of spectators, say 3-5 for the 'Spectator Team' like we have available now with Red and Blue teams and they would either have no ring around them or a different color ring such as green.

ImRandy
02-05-2020, 09:33 AM
So is streaming matches on social media, like twitch, or you tube channels not an option ? STS has done promotions on twitch before, like for Call of Champions.

XghostzX
02-05-2020, 10:38 AM
Spectating would really enhance tournaments -- +10000 from this guy.

ImRandy
02-05-2020, 11:01 AM
I agree ... it could probably be sold for plat 😉

CrimsonTider
02-05-2020, 05:11 PM
I'm always down to spectate!

Buchmeister
02-05-2020, 09:34 PM
I'm not much of a game designer but Pocket Legends is a bit... erm... old for that to be implemented. But hey, if the big man Mr. C himself can figure it all out, by all means, this has my support.

plpr
02-06-2020, 07:09 PM
I'm not much of a game designer but Pocket Legends is a bit... erm... old for that to be implemented. But hey, if the big man Mr. C himself can figure it all out, by all means, this has my support.

The way spawns work could make this definitely able to be implemented. If you remember when people got out of pvp maps and could run to the choose a team staging area. My idea would be a staging area for spectators directly above or at a upward diagonal angle so you are high enough you cannot be seen. Obviously the floor would have to be clear so you can look down and there would have to be an option allowing/not allowing spectators to speak.

Irishcow
02-12-2020, 07:53 PM
Cinco wat u think?

NukeDragon
02-13-2020, 04:08 PM
Think I also requested spectator mode also to be added many months ago. I hope this gets added.

Irishcow
02-18-2020, 07:43 PM
Just putting something so this doesn't get lost until Cinco says something. :)

Cinco
02-19-2020, 10:59 AM
We've done Spectator modes in other games - and they can be pretty fun. In particular, our game "Call of Champions" had one of the most full-featured systems for spectators (in its day).

It would be a very big technical investment and it would have implications for hosting, joining, and various interfaces that exist in arenas. Not impossible but when you think of how few people would use the system it becomes undesirable for me. Also I know that adding this sort of thing would reduce the number of players we have in arenas by a small percentage. This is from my experience with spectator mode in COC - and I expect that this option would make matches a little harder to find in PL (and I don't want that right now).

So - good suggestion; not on the horizon for PL.

XghostzX
02-19-2020, 11:33 AM
We've done Spectator modes in other games - and they can be pretty fun. In particular, our game "Call of Champions" had one of the most full-featured systems for spectators (in its day).

It would be a very big technical investment and it would have implications for hosting, joining, and various interfaces that exist in arenas. Not impossible but when you think of how few people would use the system it becomes undesirable for me. Also I know that adding this sort of thing would reduce the number of players we have in arenas by a small percentage. This is from my experience with spectator mode in COC - and I expect that this option would make matches a little harder to find in PL (and I don't want that right now).

So - good suggestion; not on the horizon for PL.

Candidly, that is a little disappointing to hear but we sincerely appreciate the honest response. Still, I'm excited to see some creative, new features in the future. Maybe something related to guilds, like a messaging board system for announcements, or something related to tournaments? :)

Irishcow
02-20-2020, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the response and explanation. :)