View Full Version : Have any of noticed that....

Skeletonlord
01-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Most of the Pocket Legends Deal Of the Days are usually elixirs? Is there a reason why for this? anyone who knows why this is could they post here?

JaytB
01-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Because they're popular and people buy them :)

Skeletonlord
01-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Because they're popular and people buy them :)

oh thanks!

Rare
01-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Most of the Pocket Legends Deal Of the Days are usually elixirs? Is there a reason why for this? anyone who knows why this is could they post here?

zeusabe
01-12-2012, 01:21 PM
It's obvious really...it simply means they don't have anything new at the moment :D It's like a default DOTD where STS gives you a candy today 'cuz they couldn't deliver the ice cream...probably some other day :D ...and...marketing-wise, it's never good to use same discount over and over...you're mind conditioning customers to purchase at discounted rates which removes the prestige of the discount which will consequently result to lower platinum purchase at non discounted rates...can only mean STS needs money quick now and fast, but why? hmmm...together with this poor marketing move plus non-existent new content, could it be a red herring to larger issue within STS? Let's see :D

Rare
01-12-2012, 01:24 PM
It's obvious really...it simply means they don't have anything new at the moment :D It's like a default DOTD where STS gives you a candy today 'cuz they couldn't deliver the ice cream...probably some other day :D ...and...marketing-wise, it's never good to use same discount over and over...you're mind conditioning customers to purchase at discounted rates which removes the prestige of the discount which will consequently result to lower platinum purchase at non discounted rates...can only mean STS needs money quick now and fast, but why? hmmm...together with this poor marketing move plus non-existent new content, could it be a red herring to larger issue within STS? Let's see :D

I think you're looking WAY too deeply into it.

People buy a lot of elixirs. People are more inclined to spend on it when its discounted. Hence the discount. Simple.

Or we could create a dramatic story line in our heads. That seems like more fun.

Whirlzap
01-12-2012, 02:38 PM
^agreed.
People will still buy elixir without DoTD.
So STS is saving US money while perhaps gaining a few more elixir purchases at the same while.

LelouchX
01-12-2012, 02:39 PM
^agreed.
People will still buy elixir without DoTD.
So STS is saving US money while perhaps gaining a few more elixir purchases at the same while.
Well said. When I want a lix, i buy it. Having it as dotd makes it so i save a bit a plat, which adds up after a while