PDA

View Full Version : New 1v1 dueling map feedback

Flip
01-12-2012, 03:27 PM
We are keen to hear your feedback on the new 1v1 dueling map in PL. Please let us know your thoughts (good and bad) here!

adidaman
01-12-2012, 03:31 PM
I went in for one match and got rushed straight off the map. My opinion might be a little biased

maneatingtree
01-12-2012, 03:36 PM
The map is pretty big, this is good for some but bad for others its more prefrerence based. I love it!

TrickiestFTW
01-12-2012, 08:04 PM
I think there should be a few trees and or rocks that were actually solid so some people could use that to their advantage?

Kaytar
01-12-2012, 08:18 PM
I find it a bit large compared to the SL 1v1 map.

Elitephonix
01-12-2012, 10:13 PM
The spawn place should one can be random like forest fights so no spawn

XghostzX
01-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Some suggestions from being a hardcore PvPer from the start with free for all and 1 vs. 1

1.) When spawned at your original designated spot, there should be a "ghost moment" where a player can't be attacked for a short time period to actually give a chance to people spawning of not being killed. I used to played like supersmash brothers as a little kid, dahah, but when I vaguely somehow remember when you died, you would respawn and have a 3 seconds before someone could actually hit you when you respawned.

2.) I completely appreciate this 1/1 map, it's very unique. I guess I was a little upset when it was the same desert area, the same environment. Was hoping for a new feeling kind of.

3. Consider making the 1/1 map a bit smaller.

Great job on this though! It's a very fun addition :)

MightyMicah
01-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Not too shabby :) I like it very much! My only problem would be spawning :\ would it be possible to have spawning places in all 4 corners? Two for one team, an two for the other?

Nick41324
01-12-2012, 10:56 PM
A healing system would be well appreciated (as stated in wounded's thread already).

JaytB
01-12-2012, 11:00 PM
As suggested here already, I would also like it to be a bit smaller.

It would be nice to see both players regain health and mana as soon as one of them dies. Skills should be all ready to fire at that time too. So, basically a reset of everything as soon as one player dies. It would allow for a much faster paced low-lvl PvP experience IMO.

All in all, I really like it :)

MightyMicah
01-12-2012, 11:08 PM
@Jaytb actually, while that is an excellent idea, it just isn't practical. With a smaller map and only 1 spawn point for each team that would encourage "rushers" and "spawners" all the more. Especially with the reset thing. For example:

A "rusher" gets into the spawn room. Now everytime he spawns someone all of his health and skills are reset. Not fun for the team being spawned :\

like I said, awesome idea! Just not practical for this particular "1 vs 1" map.

JaytB
01-12-2012, 11:18 PM
@Jaytb actually, while that is an excellent idea, it just isn't practical. With a smaller map and only 1 spawn point for each team that would encourage "rushers" and "spawners" all the more. Especially with the reset thing. For example:

A "rusher" gets into the spawn room. Now everytime he spawns someone all of his health and skills are reset. Not fun for the team being spawned :\

like I said, awesome idea! Just not practical for this particular "1 vs 1" map.

That's indeed a valid argument :)

Then how about the suggestion Wounded made in another thread (all credits to him as this is not my idea)... He suggested to add something like the healing water in AO town. Like a small separate room, connected to the area, where you could walk into to regain health and mana. This would definitely speed up the process of regenerating health and mana, while it would do away with the possibility to use it in order to spawn kill.

Edit: this is the post I was talking about...
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=47953

MightyMicah
01-13-2012, 02:37 AM
@Jaytb NOW you're talking! I like that idea alot! Rushers could do nothing in that situation.

ninjaduck
01-13-2012, 02:57 AM
I quite like the map, although Jaytbs ideas are really good! Woundeds idea also would be cool in my opinion.

Keep up the good work! ;)

Gaunab
01-13-2012, 07:49 AM
Quite simple idea I was thinking of:

Why not just let both players respawn after each fight?
This would prevent spawn killing and provide full health/mana and all skills are ready for the next round :)

Apocolypze
01-13-2012, 03:11 PM
If they did add a healing system like the lake thing like in alien oasis town at the spawns, then the map would be perfect size because you will be able to kill someone before they can run back and heal, BUT atm since there is none, so yea its too big :P

Swimmingstar
01-13-2012, 03:45 PM
My ideas:

Make map smaller.
Make spawn zone a regen zone and no entry by the opponent.
Make the spawn zone closed after you leave it. So you can't go back as in running.
Make 4 spawn zones.

If I'm not clear enough you can ask any questions.

STINKY
01-14-2012, 02:18 AM
What was the point of a 1 vs 1 map if u could just make a private? Even if u dont need to bother typing password 6 times someone entered the game while i tried to rejoin for my regen. So i just stuck to private forest fight:P

Gracious
01-14-2012, 02:28 AM
Having a 1v1 map can allow you to wait for a random opponent to join, thus relieving you from having to boot, lock, what have you. Who's to say that you'll always have a friend/guildie online the same lvl as you who wants to 1v1 at the time?

AbsolutePally
01-15-2012, 03:05 PM

This would prevent spawn killing and provide full health/mana and all skills are ready for the next round :)

This is an ingenious idea! Everything would be solved. No,need for a pool so no one would run in and out to refresh while fighting. No spawning, which is another huge concern for all levels.
And I like the size, but I do think the rocks/trees should be solid. 1/1 tree hugging is part of terrain usuage which imo is a skill.

Darkfader
01-15-2012, 03:43 PM

What about ffa first to 10 matches? Those couldn't be playable anymore, good idea but needs some work if some ppl want to do ffa 1vs1.

MightyMicah
01-16-2012, 06:36 AM
@Guanab, it would have to only be the guys in combat respawning though because if not 2 guys vsing each other would cause the other 4 guys vsing each other to respawn mid-fight. Obviously that would suck :\

Riccits
01-16-2012, 06:39 AM
@Guanab, it would have to only be the guys in combat respawning though because if not 2 guys vsing each other would cause the other 4 guys vsing each other to respawn mid-fight. Obviously that would suck :\

its a 1vs1 map, there arent 4 other guys in

AbsolutePally
01-16-2012, 02:04 PM
What about ffa first to 10 matches? Those couldn't be playable anymore, good idea but needs some work if some ppl want to do ffa 1vs1.

This new map is only to 5.
If people want to play "i best bird" they can always lock a regular forest fight game and go at it in that fashion.

razurblade
01-23-2012, 12:03 PM
well i played on it and after i killed someone i had low health and they just rushed me. would be nice if there were health orbs

Sun
01-25-2012, 03:40 PM
The only thing this map really brings to the game right now is an easy way to spawn trap someone. The spawn should switch from one side of the map to the other after each kill, whichever location is further from the player currently alive. And some way to regen health/mana would be very nice. A regen pool has been suggested in other posts, or blue/green orbs like I suggested in mine

Aratreoybae
01-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Great idea gaunab! That's using ur head. This whould prevent rushing to and extent and spawning....

Skeokateva
02-06-2012, 08:30 PM
Love the map! I ffa with friends every day on it and we all like the size and race to your opponent :) the restart after each death would be interesting to play and would individualize the 1vs1 map from the others in a totally new way.

xxkilertankxx
05-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Boosting woot

Skeokateva
05-21-2012, 10:33 AM
Boosting woot

I don't get what your saying here. about the map?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

kerimh
08-29-2012, 08:47 PM

This would prevent spawn killing and provide full health/mana and all skills are ready for the next round :) this is the best idea so far.

Ubernewber
10-09-2012, 08:08 PM
It's kinda weird I like the look its just to big for 1v1

AressxGod
10-15-2012, 06:14 PM
Bad because some people will boost their kills for gold then there will be more ways to scam others.....

vidarr666
10-27-2012, 09:05 PM
How come we dont have an arena like this in DL? :(

Noodleleg
10-27-2012, 09:47 PM
Bad because some people will boost their kills for gold then there will be more ways to scam others.....

Boosting or no boosting, it's obvious if they are or aren't. About scamming... Well... Scamming is stealing... This is more not giving what you promised :)

ImSilly
11-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Its a bit big, dont rlly like being spawned, thts all