PDA

View Full Version : what's the point? ?????????

ghost.mw
01-12-2012, 03:44 PM
What's the point of this epic vampire feast??????

adidaman
01-12-2012, 03:59 PM
The bosses drop legendary loot per boss, as opposed to only having a chance at the end after clearing all enemies in the regular vampire feast level.

Battlelock
01-12-2012, 04:03 PM
I think people's expectations are too high. The new feast now drops elite pinks. Same drop table & same drop rates as the regular Mt. Fang zones. The original boss gauntlet DOESN'T drop elite pinks. The new zone drops all pinks from the same drop table as the regular My Fang zones at the same drop rate. Which in turn gives players 5 chances in 1 zone for an elite drop. Yes the rarity will be the same but chances are higher with the fact of 5 bosses in 1 zone & not just 1 boss per zone.

Fyrce
01-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Since the idea is time saver, the question is whether the time is worth 3 plat. The player base will decide, of course. I'm gonna guess it will be a success, since most people want to farm more than one boss.

Maybe this will be the new L66 or guild playground?

Eddison Sukansingh
01-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Waste of platinum,,, just checked it out and no pinks,,,,salt!!!

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk

CrimsonTider
01-12-2012, 06:50 PM
As Battle stated, expectations are too high. To go into each run with expectations of "pink" each run like Halloween or WF is just not realistic. The new map will require the same patience and determination as the free maps. Only difference is less time needed. As it states in the discription, it is OPTIONAL. Five other maps exist which are free.

Elyseon
01-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Basically a waste, but those with extra plat will find it handy if they like to waste plat

NECROREAPER
01-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Plat is never wasted, only spent.

You can't tell someone else that they're "wasting their plat" since it's theirs and it's not like it affects you anyway.

blurryeyes
01-12-2012, 08:11 PM
are the boss easier than the normal vampire feast?

Battlelock
01-12-2012, 08:54 PM
are the boss easier than the normal vampire feast?
Nope. The bosses are the same bosses, same skills, same drops as those of the normal 5 My Fang zones.

Edit: although it has never been confirmed by STS, The bosses are much easier to kill un-elixired than when elixired. Especially the crypt & floor 3.

This being said with just my girl friend killing the bosses. We're both 66. But WITHOUT a doubt, it is much easier for us to kill the bosses un-elixired. When we're elixired we take ALOT more damage & she gets one-shotted a lot.

As I said, this is unconfirmed & completely on a duo basis. Elixired and un-elixired comparison.

Gaddy
01-13-2012, 05:20 AM
<------- Grabs popcorn, waits for trolls

Riccits
01-13-2012, 05:35 AM
yes ppl expect too much, they think they have payd plat, so they recive pinks.

the point of this map is ONLY to save time of clearing! u pay to skip all mobs! thats it!

Sapient
01-13-2012, 05:06 PM
yes ppl expect too much, they think they have payd plat, so they recive pinks.

the point of this map is ONLY to save time of clearing! u pay to skip all mobs! thats it!

Then STS is not making it clear enough. I even expected something unique or different. Casual players don't like to spend money over and over and over and over again unless they see a immediate reward.

CrimsonTider
01-13-2012, 05:15 PM
Then STS is not making it clear enough. I even expected something unique or different. Casual players don't like to spend money over and over and over and over again unless they see a immediate reward.

It wqs made clear when the idea was introduced. As Ricci said, your "immediate" reward is dtime. You do not have to spend 4-5 minutes clearing mobs and can get right to boss killing. Also, it was made clear this new map would have the same drop tables as the original Fang maps.

Sapient
01-13-2012, 05:26 PM
It wqs made clear when the idea was introduced. As Ricci said, your "immediate" reward is dtime. You do not have to spend 4-5 minutes clearing mobs and can get right to boss killing. Also, it was made clear this new map would have the same drop tables as the original Fang maps.

It may be clear to you but to me, a new user, it is not. Which there are a lot more of us newbies, right?

Reiterating, they are not making it clear enough, I see a lot of confusion in game. Not many users in game even know about the forums, how are they supposed to know their reward is time?

ghost.mw
01-13-2012, 05:26 PM
I don't think it's a new idea it's just like nuris fun house but this one you have to pay 3 plat

Aikiebo
01-13-2012, 07:14 PM
Then STS is not making it clear enough.

Actually, STS has gone out of their way to make it perfectly clear. In just the one initial thread, they explained clearly 3 different times about how the loot was gonna work in this new zone.

In addition to those three separate posts, they explained other aspects of the new zone an additional 5 different times, in that same thread.

It may be clear to you but to me, a new user, it is not.

You, might, be new to this forum. But you are not new to STS games, forums in general or video games in general.

I even expected something unique or different.

What do you mean by "even"?

There is no reason that you should have expected something anymore special that what STS has explained numerous times.

Reiterating, they are not making it clear enough,

I won't repeat myself. Just see above.

I see a lot of confusion in game.

If you see a lot of confusion in the game, if you are capable enough and have the time, try to help answer player's questions. When you don't have time, simply refer them to the forums.

Casual players don't like to spend money over and over and over and over again unless they see a immediate reward.

Actually, casual players spend hundreds of millions of dollars over and over and over and over again and rarely ever get some kind of major rare item. If they did, the items wouldn't be rare. Player's do in fact get an immediate benefit, but it is rare for that to be a rare. They are not figuring on getting some kind of rare every time.

Not many users in game even know about the forums, how are they supposed to know their reward is time?

As above, if you are capable and have the time, refer people to the forums. STS is doing more than enough to try to build forum partiicpation.

Whirlzap
01-13-2012, 07:31 PM
Lol above user just pwnt.
Go see my repost thread.
Check forums before using an item in game.
^#1 rule to not spending platinum like crazy.

Sapient
01-14-2012, 04:15 PM
Actually, STS has gone out of their way to make it perfectly clear. In just the one initial thread, they explained clearly 3 different times about how the loot was gonna work in this new zone.

In addition to those three separate posts, they explained other aspects of the new zone an additional 5 different times, in that same thread.

I'm not much of a forum lurker, I prefer to spend my time in game and maybe 5 to 10 minutes on forums a day. As a new player to STS games I have seen little difference in content based on the pricing being free. My expectations was that charged content would be unique, not a shortcut to bosses. STS can promote forum usage as much as they want, that still does not change the fact that forums always represent a minority in the game. The info should be posted clearly in the game, I understand the implications to the dungeon clearly, but all my friends in game do not. I help out and explain stuff to them when I can. I would be on for hours if I tried to help everyone, I will leave that to the AoA who are required to help.

If a game requires a user to use the forums to obtain common information on a regular basis, then they are not providing enough information in game. I learned that one from my vast MMO history.

Actually, casual players spend hundreds of millions of dollars over and over and over and over again and rarely ever get some kind of major rare item. If they did, the items wouldn't be rare. Player's do in fact get an immediate benefit, but it is rare for that to be a rare. They are not figuring on getting some kind of rare every time.

To be perfectly honest, I don't think you have spent enough time around casual players. A lot of them do in-fact expect reward every time. That is exactly why the holiday content this year worked, because no matter the rarity of the item, it was still something unique. You would be kidding yourself if you were prepared to try and change every casual players mind set and explain to them that they are purchasing extended loot rolls, and not instant gratification.

Aikiebo
01-14-2012, 07:26 PM
My expectations was that charged content would be unique, not a shortcut to bosses.
Again, no one is responsible if you had expectations that were not real. STS has explained multiple times exactly how the zone would work. They started talking to us about this days before it went live so that players could get their questions answered. They couldn't have been more clear.

There are a lot of players who have expectations of making a lot of money from spam begging at the CS. Is it anyone's fault if it turns out their expectations were wrong.

-----------------------------------

The info should be posted clearly in the game,
Why?
------------------------------------

STS can promote forum usage as much as they want, that still does not change the fact that forums always represent a minority in the game.
Yeah, so.. what is the point. If people want more info about the game. They have a ton of ways to find out. STS is doing all they can to promote this knowledge.

The fact that only a small percentage of players participate in the forums is not STS's fault.

The people who choose to play the game without checking out the forums are not as likely to have as much fun. But, why is that STS's responsibility?

I would be on for hours if I tried to help everyone
No need to twist my words. I said, if someone has time, IF, then it would be a nice idea to try to answer questions. Then I said, if they don't have time they could just refer people to the forums.

If you really think you know that many people who are so confused but you don't have the time to answer their questions AND if you desire to actually help the game and not just bust STS's chops, then what you could do, if you wanted to, is on quick chat, just make a quick line about, "the answer to that question and many others can be found at www. etc". Or "for more information about that go to www...etc".

Bottom line:

1. STS is doing far more than needed to make this small, tiny issue plain for everyone to understand.

2. If people choose not to come to the forums, STS is not responsible for that.

CrimsonTider
01-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Holy crap... long posts are attacking!! :)

Aikiebo
01-14-2012, 09:31 PM
If a game requires a user to use the forums to obtain common information on a regular basis, then they are not providing enough information in game. I learned that one from my vast MMO history.
No you didn't. If you have vast MMO experience than you know that mmorpg's have MASSIVE, MASSIVE mulitple databases online. Some of the best ones are 3rd-party. But, the offical ones usually have something valuable to offer up. Attached to these databases were discussion forums.

I used to dual-box and have a third connection up with multiple windows open with different databases from US and foriegn sites.

Also, before the f2p model hit the scene and took over, MMORPGs had commercial player's guides that also contained MASSIVE, HUGE quantities of information. Generally, there were more than one commercial player's guide.

Other than the type of thing STS is already doing, there was not that much info in-game. In fact, the idea is ridiculous.

If you got some actual ideas, provide those, but, otherwise your complaint is not constructive.

If players want to enhance their experience, it is up to them to take charge and be responsible for their own game. The game company doesn't have to spoon feed them info.

To be perfectly honest, I don't think you have spent enough time around casual players. A lot of them do in-fact expect reward every time.
That's what I said, no need to twist my words. Why would someone pay for something without getting something in return. This is kinda a no-brainer.

But, otoh, why would anyone in their right mind think that they are going to get some sort of major rare everytime they spend 14 cents, lol.

The milions and millions of casual gamers don't think that.

StompArtist
01-14-2012, 09:53 PM
Call me crazy but a few line of text before the player confirms spending the plat in game explaining that the reward is "time" (concept a bit foreign to me, but whatever) would take about 5 minutes to implement and clear things up for everyone?

This should be a recommendation not a never ending debate. lol

Sapient
01-14-2012, 11:44 PM
Why?

Because I am giving a helpful suggestion that I intended to help players understand better in the game. In return I am being barraged by endless lines of text telling me I am wrong for giving opinions and suggestions for the better of the game. Do me a favor and please do not reply back if you don't have anything constructive to say.

BodMaster
01-15-2012, 07:56 AM
Why?

You answered your own question in a further post..

This is kinda a no-brainer.

Are you telling me if I wasn't a forum user i do not deserve to know what I'm purchasing? Anything that requires plat/real money, should be fully explained IN GAME, not left to AoA/GoA etc (though AoA is for beginners right? Not to do STS job of informing players what an in game purchase does) or expected that users need to use the forums.

Maybe its just me but this kind of logic your referring to, is illogical.

BigBah
01-15-2012, 11:59 AM
The OP made complete sense and shouldn't be attacked for his questions and suggestions.

Aikiebo
01-16-2012, 10:19 AM
Hey!

The 'no brainer' remark was talking about something else. If you actually read what I wrote, you will see that when I said 'no brainer' I was actually basically agreeing with Sapient. He said that when people spend money they want to get something in return. I said, yes, 'that is true'. In fact, that is true anywhere in the world. That is so obvious it, is a 'no brainer'.

The GoA/AoA thing was totally not my idea. I think it was Sapients. I wouldn't agree with them having any sort of responsiblilty in this matter.

There is absolutely no reason that STS needs to explain any more than they already have 'in-game'. If a player wants more information, they should come to the forums. STS has gone out of their way to explain this info.

If they wanted to do some in-game thing, they could, of course. There is just no reason they should have to.

@BigBah I agree.

Aikiebo
01-16-2012, 10:41 AM
Let's have some fun!!

Let's go to GameStop.

Oh look, there is only two customers in the store. And they're standing in line (the clerk is ignoring them cuz he is on the phone chatting up his girlfriend, lol).

They both have $60 in their hand. And they are both planning on buying the same game.

Now Guy A, is not, well, not all that smart. He, basically has no idea why he is going to spend $60 on this game. He doesn't know anything about it at all. But for some reason, the title seems cool or he likes the artwork on the box. But, other than that he doesn't know anything at about the game. Why?

Because he didn't take responsibility for his own actions.

Guy B is way, way, way smart. He knows a lot about the game he is about to spend $60 on. How? Well, he took responsibility. He read several reviews. Some of those reviews were online and some were in magazines. He went to the developer's offical web site for the game and read info. He went to gaming forums and read those folks' comments. He talked to his friends online and in real-life.

See, Guy B took responsibilty for himself and was pro-active.

So, finally the clerk gets off the phone. The two guys buy their game and go home. Chances are Guy B is happy with the game. But, oh no!! Guy B plays the game for a few hours and hates it. It SUCKS!! How awful. $60 down the drain. Actually, all Guy B has to do is put the disc back in the box, make sure the instruction book is there and go back to GameStop and they will refund his money. NOT

In fact, he will not get a refund.

No gamer ever knows exactly what he is going to get before he buys a game. There are thousands and thousands of things that the gamer will find out ONLY ONE WAY. The only way he can find all there is to know about the game is by actually playing it. And playing it for a long, long time.

No video game company has to explain every little detail about a game to someone before they buy it. That would be impossible.

Sapient
01-16-2012, 07:26 PM
Your concept of logic is unlike any in this thread. We are all entitled to our opinions, do not drill us into the ground for expressing them. Just because you disagree doesn't mean you can use 1,343 words. The average highschool essay is 700-1,000 words, you have written a entire essay on why your right and why we are wrong.

Best part is you do not represent STS in any way. How do you know that what you say is what is best for the game? The entire point of the forums is to give feedback and to seek support from other players or administrators. You need to re-assess your logic, because everything you post is counter productive, and not remotely constructive or even on topic with the thread.

mackjack
01-16-2012, 08:29 PM
@sapient:

You know the saying "if you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, then baffle 'em with BS"?

A certain poster works in this exact manner -- just ignore him, since any reply generates another 1000 words essay of random numbers and illogic.

Sapient
01-16-2012, 08:33 PM
^^ Dazzled with brilliance.

Aikiebo
01-16-2012, 09:01 PM
Sapient, there is no reason to get so upset. Hmm... It's unhealthy also. Your post, is quite the flame. No need to be so upset.

I think if you try real hard, you'll see that the posts of mine couldn't be more friendly.

You know, it's knd of funny. Your first post EVER on this forum was - you drilling me into the ground. Think real hard, you'll know what I mean. I have been patient. Because there is no reason to get so irate over internet posts, lol. There have been other posts where you - drilled me into the ground. Still, I have been patient. This post, NOW, is another good example. You are the only one upset and 'drilling anyone into the ground'.

It is hypocritical to critisize me for something I am not even doing and you are doing big time,

My posts have been friendly. Yours have been irrate.

That was kinda a wild guess there on the "1,343" words. LOL I mean not even close. Might want to take a look at the real word count in the spoiler.

There are only 371 words in my last post.

Not 1,343 as you said. Do you not know how to count? You should try real hard to be accurate, so that you don't give a false figure. Or do you not know the difference between a word count and a stroke count? But, even if you were talking about older posts, you and I both know, that word count is not as important as substance.

And as you know, if you think a post is inappropriate YOUR ONLY RECOURSE is to report it. Being all rude and flaming someone isn't going to help or resolve anything.

You are giving your opinions as tho you think you know what is best for the game. Difference between me and you, so far, is that I back up my opinions. You just make the wild statements and never even try to provide supporting details.

You were saying that STS was in the wrong for not making it clear about the 3-plat per run thing. You said this several times. I showed that what STS is doing is exactly what they should be doing. I showed that very clearly. And now you seem very upset.

You a bit mixed up on the purpose of the forums. I think you know how to get to the rules:

In the first two paragraphs of the forum rules it says the purpose of the forum is for: 1. For constructive discussion 2. To provide a platform for the exchange of ideas 3. To debate an opinion but critisism of the person is not allowed.

It cracks me up, that you are making up rules, being rude to me cuz I'm not following your made up rules. And, while you are doing this you violate so many of the rules, lol. Doesn't that seem a bit hypcritical?

ANY idea posted on the forum is open for discussion and debate. If you don't want your idea discussed, cuz you're afraid it's not too logical, then don't post it on the forum is my suggestion. Simply PM a dev. But, if it appears on the forum, it will be discussed.

Obviosuly, the only one acting in an inappropriate way, is yourself.

I hope you can calm down. Take a breather, maybe.

Let's have some fun!!

4 Let's go to GameStop.

8 Oh look, there is only two customers in the store.
18 And they're standing in line (the clerk is ignoring 27them cuz he is on the phone chatting up his*****
37 girlfriend, lol).
They both have $60 in their hand. And they are both 50 planning on buying the same game.
Now Guy A, is not, well, not all that smart. He,
67 basically has no idea why he is going to spend $60 78 on this game. He doesn't know anything about it at 88 all. But for some reason, the title seems cool or he 99 likes the artwork on the box. But, other than that 109 he doesn't know anything at about the game. 117 118 Why?
Because he didn't take responsibility for his own
127 actions.
Guy B is way, way, way smart. He knows a lot about 140 the game he is about to spend $60 on. How? Well, 151 he took responsibility. He read several reviews. 161 Some of those reviews were online and some
169 were in magazines. He went to the developer's 177 offical web site for the game and read info. He 185 went to gaming forums and read those folks'
193 comments. He talked to his friends online and in 202 real-life.
See, Guy B took responsibilty for himself and was pro- 214active.
So, finally the clerk gets off the phone. The two guys 226 buy their game and go home. Chances are Guy B 236 is happy with the game.* But, oh no!! Guy B plays 247 the game for a few hours and hates it. It SUCKS!! 257 How awful. $60 down the drain. Actually, all Guy 271 B has to do is put the disc back in the box, make 281 sure the instruction book is there and go back to 291 GameStop and they will refund his money. NOT

299 In fact, he will not get a refund.*

No gamer ever knows exactly what he is going to get 310 before he buys a game. There are thousands and 319 thousands of things that the gamer will find out 328 ONLY ONE WAY. The only way he can find all
338 there is to know about the game is by actually
348 playing it. And playing it for a long, long time.

No video game company has to explain every little 357 detail about a game to someone before they buy 366 it. That would be impossible.

Cahaun
01-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Let's have some fun!!

Let's go to GameStop.

Oh look, there is only two customers in the store. And they're standing in line (the clerk is ignoring them cuz he is on the phone chatting up his girlfriend, lol).

They both have $60 in their hand. And they are both planning on buying the same game.

Now Guy A, is not, well, not all that smart. He, basically has no idea why he is going to spend $60 on this game. He doesn't know anything about it at all. But for some reason, the title seems cool or he likes the artwork on the box. But, other than that he doesn't know anything at about the game. Why?

Because he didn't take responsibility for his own actions.

Guy B is way, way, way smart. He knows a lot about the game he is about to spend $60 on. How? Well, he took responsibility. He read several reviews. Some of those reviews were online and some were in magazines. He went to the developer's offical web site for the game and read info. He went to gaming forums and read those folks' comments. He talked to his friends online and in real-life.

See, Guy B took responsibilty for himself and was pro-active.

So, finally the clerk gets off the phone. The two guys buy their game and go home. Chances are Guy B is happy with the game. But, oh no!! Guy A plays the game for a few hours and hates it. It SUCKS!! How awful. $60 down the drain. Actually, all Guy A has to do is put the disc back in the box, make sure the instruction book is there and go back to GameStop and they will refund his money. NOT

In fact, he will not get a refund.

No gamer ever knows exactly what he is going to get before he buys a game. There are thousands and thousands of things that the gamer will find out ONLY ONE WAY. The only way he can find all there is to know about the game is by actually playing it. And playing it for a long, long time.

No video game company has to explain every little detail about a game to someone before they buy it. That would be impossible.
You frogot that guy A is the not so smart shopper. In the scenario you frogot to swap B with A. So shopper A doesn't really like the game he never reviewed. Just a small fix.

Sapient
01-16-2012, 10:53 PM
Sapient, there is no reason to get so upset. Hmm... It's unhealthy also. Your post, is quite the flame. No need to be so upset.

I think if you try real hard, you'll see that the posts of mine couldn't be more friendly.

You know, it's knd of funny. Your first post EVER on this forum was - you drilling me into the ground. Think real hard, you'll know what I mean. I have been patient. Because there is no reason to get so irate over internet posts, lol. There have been other posts where you - drilled me into the ground. Still, I have been patient. This post, NOW, is another good example. You are the only one upset and 'drilling anyone into the ground'.

It is hypocritical to critisize me for something I am not even doing and you are doing big time,

My posts have been friendly. Yours have been irrate.

That was kinda a wild guess there on the "1,343" words. LOL I mean not even close. Might want to take a look at the real word count in the spoiler.

There are only 371 words in my last post.

Not 1,343 as you said. Do you not know how to count? You should try real hard to be accurate, so that you don't give a false figure. Or do you not know the difference between a word count and a stroke count? But, even if you were talking about older posts, you and I both know, that word count is not as important as substance.

And as you know, if you think a post is inappropriate YOUR ONLY RECOURSE is to report it. Being all rude and flaming someone isn't going to help or resolve anything.

You are giving your opinions as tho you think you know what is best for the game. Difference between me and you, so far, is that I back up my opinions. You just make the wild statements and never even try to provide supporting details.

You were saying that STS was in the wrong for not making it clear about the 3-plat per run thing. You said this several times. I showed that what STS is doing is exactly what they should be doing. I showed that very clearly. And now you seem very upset.

You a bit mixed up on the purpose of the forums. I think you know how to get to the rules:

In the first two paragraphs of the forum rules it says the purpose of the forum is for: 1. For constructive discussion 2. To provide a platform for the exchange of ideas 3. To debate an opinion but critisism of the person is not allowed.

It cracks me up, that you are making up rules, being rude to me cuz I'm not following your made up rules. And, while you are doing this you violate so many of the rules, lol. Doesn't that seem a bit hypcritical?

ANY idea posted on the forum is open for discussion and debate. If you don't want your idea discussed, cuz you're afraid it's not too logical, then don't post it on the forum is my suggestion. Simply PM a dev. But, if it appears on the forum, it will be discussed.

Obviosuly, the only one acting in an inappropriate way, is yourself.

I hope you can calm down. Take a breather, maybe.

Let's have some fun!!

4 Let's go to GameStop.

8 Oh look, there is only two customers in the store.
18 And they're standing in line (the clerk is ignoring 27them cuz he is on the phone chatting up his*****
37 girlfriend, lol).
They both have $60 in their hand. And they are both 50 planning on buying the same game.
Now Guy A, is not, well, not all that smart. He,
67 basically has no idea why he is going to spend $60 78 on this game. He doesn't know anything about it at 88 all. But for some reason, the title seems cool or he 99 likes the artwork on the box. But, other than that 109 he doesn't know anything at about the game. 117 118 Why?
Because he didn't take responsibility for his own
127 actions.
Guy B is way, way, way smart. He knows a lot about 140 the game he is about to spend $60 on. How? Well, 151 he took responsibility. He read several reviews. 161 Some of those reviews were online and some
169 were in magazines. He went to the developer's 177 offical web site for the game and read info. He 185 went to gaming forums and read those folks'
193 comments. He talked to his friends online and in 202 real-life.
See, Guy B took responsibilty for himself and was pro- 214active.
So, finally the clerk gets off the phone. The two guys 226 buy their game and go home. Chances are Guy B 236 is happy with the game.* But, oh no!! Guy B plays 247 the game for a few hours and hates it. It SUCKS!! 257 How awful. $60 down the drain. Actually, all Guy 271 B has to do is put the disc back in the box, make 281 sure the instruction book is there and go back to 291 GameStop and they will refund his money. NOT

299 In fact, he will not get a refund.*

No gamer ever knows exactly what he is going to get 310 before he buys a game. There are thousands and 319 thousands of things that the gamer will find out 328 ONLY ONE WAY. The only way he can find all
338 there is to know about the game is by actually
348 playing it. And playing it for a long, long time.

No video game company has to explain every little 357 detail about a game to someone before they buy 366 it. That would be impossible.

I'm not reading this. Goodbye fanboy.

Aikiebo
01-17-2012, 12:51 PM
You frogot that guy A is the not so smart shopper.[/QUOTE]

Ha, ha, ha, very funny, lol.

The reason I posted the story, is because someone was taking this tiny, tiny little point and blowing it up like it was some kind of huge deal, lol. It was just something to complain about.

In the scenario, no one knows if Guy A liked the game. It's not important. The point is that in a video game there are at least 10,000 tiny details to know/learn. A video game company is not going to explain everyone of those details. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE. That is why discussion forums and in-game guilds are created.

Guy B, that poor thing, he tried so hard to research the game before he bought it. But, that's my point, there are 10,000 tiny details. The only way you are gonna learn them is by playing the game. A gamer is not gonna be spoon fed info by devs. A gamer is also not gonna get a refund if he learns details that he doesn't like.

My point: What STS is doing is exactly like EVERY OTHER VIDEO GAME COMPANY. No point getting all mad. But, if you do, gotta be mad at the industry not just one company.

Bottom line: I hope Guy A ends up liking the game. And I hope Guy B didn't rage quit GameStop, LOL.

Delphina
01-17-2012, 06:26 PM
This thread is now closed. The OP received an answer to the question.