PDA

View Full Version : Change to Prizes for the 1v1 Mage "Wizard of Alterra" Tournament

Samhayne
01-12-2012, 06:14 PM
First, big thanks to AbsolutePally for organizing the tournament and for everyone who participated. As some of you may know, there is an issue with a unintended buff / capability that has colored the results of this tournament. Rather than pick sides without concrete proof, we'd prefer to take the high road and look past any "cheating" that may have happened.

To that end, we prefer to celebrate all of the players who embrace PvP activities and tournaments. The winner shield has been removed and all players in the tournament are being granted the "inverse" Skull and Crossbones shield.

WoundedEagle
01-12-2012, 06:16 PM
OMG!!! That is epic!!!!

adidaman
01-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Lol. Well it's definitely a solution

Walkhardd
01-12-2012, 06:26 PM
What what what???..hopefully birdy doesnt cry! XD ..thx though! Stoked.

Samhayne
01-12-2012, 06:29 PM
What what what???..hopefully birdy doesnt cry! XD ..thx though! Stoked.

Birdy still has the black background with white shield that says "Winner" on it.

Draopwnzall
01-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Wow, that's really neat.

AbsolutePally
01-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Whoa! Big development.
:( my plats.... Lol!

Jewelsofjane
01-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Sam, this glitch can be proved with concrete evidence. I have sent a pm. Please discuss this with me.

CrimsonTider
01-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Sam, this glitch can be proved with concrete evidence. I have sent a pm. Please discuss this with me.

Sometimes it's best to let things be. Pushing the issue may result on undesirable results.

Samhayne
01-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Reinadelhielo - I think I have a misspelling in your name? Please send me a PM with your character name so I can grant your shield, thanks!

Jewelsofjane
01-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Sometimes it's best to let things be. Pushing the issue may result on undesirable results.

My integrity is worth more than any prize that STS could give me. It has far greater worth than any game. If undesirable results occurred, they occurred by protecting my integrity.

CrimsonTider
01-12-2012, 06:53 PM
My integrity is worth more than any prize that STS could give me. It has far greater worth than any game. If undesirable results occurred, they occurred by protecting my integrity.

I have yet to see anyone on the forums directly question your integrity. I certainly wasn't and if that is how you took it, you need to reread my post.

Zeus
01-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Sam, instead of incorrectly blaming players, please look into their purchase history and see if they actually did abuse the glitch. This is not fair at all, IMO.

Samhayne
01-12-2012, 07:05 PM
I prefer to present it as rewarding everyone, rather than blaming anyone. I would rather not go there, or dig into the issue of who was actually playing the account. As a reminder, sharing of accounts is against the Terms of Service.

I'm turning a blind eye because I like to focus on the fun in life.

JewelsofJane, if anyone questions your prowess, load up that 1v1 map and I'm sure you can prove it.

Zeus
01-12-2012, 07:09 PM
I prefer to present it as rewarding everyone, rather than blaming anyone. I would rather not go there, or dig into the issue of who was actually playing the account. As a reminder, sharing of accounts is against the Terms of Service.

I'm turning a blind eye because I like to focus on the fun in life.

JewelsofJane, if anyone questions your prowess, load up that 1v1 map and I'm sure you can prove it.

Sam, she has every right to be upset as she followed the rules of the tourney. As for account sharing, there are many people in the tourney who do that as well.

Swimmingstar
01-12-2012, 07:15 PM
So apparently 2 people were playing on one account in tournament...

Jewelsofjane
01-12-2012, 07:16 PM
So apparently 2 people were playing on one account in tournament...

No that is NOT what he is saying. He is saying because of the possibility.... So many things are possible. So I guess we should never award anything to anyone, because life is unsure.

Samhayne
01-12-2012, 07:21 PM
I'll be the first one to apologize for screwing things up. At this point the prizes have been retracted and replaced.

Zeus
01-12-2012, 07:29 PM
I'll be the first one to apologize for screwing things up. At this point the prizes have been retracted and replaced.

Thank you for cooperating and understanding, Sam. :)

Swimmingstar
01-12-2012, 07:30 PM
It's Reinadehieloo.

And NOOO! And kind of yes. I'm on both sides.

Just 2% more on shield side because it looks cool. :D And why not keep it? I thought this game was supposed to be fun and not all competitive on prizes.

CrimsonTider
01-12-2012, 07:31 PM
Reinadelhielo - I think I have a misspelling in your name? Please send me a PM with your character name so I can grant your shield, thanks!

Sam,

Rein is having problems with their password. I am posting to let you know the name on the mage tourney thread is the correct account. Hope that helps. They are in game now. If you can log in and I will be with them. I'll be on my main Crimsontider.

Walkhardd
01-12-2012, 07:34 PM

Reinadehieloo thats her ign

Ninjad!

Samhayne
01-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Reinadehieloo thats her ign

Ninjad!

Ahh, I was missing the last "o". Shield granted.

Zeus
01-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Also, it would stand to reason since this glitch was active in ALL the tourneys every done, shouldn't you be granting it to everybody who has ever entered a tourney?

Swimmingstar
01-12-2012, 07:48 PM
I already said, "It's Reinadehieloo" back a page.

Onaraasider
01-12-2012, 07:50 PM
lol, does this mean people can cheat in my upcoming tourney?

Nick41324
01-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Gosh... I am so uninformed!

Did the glitch have something to do with elixirs?

Zeus
01-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Gosh... I am so uninformed!

Was the glitch a elixir glitch?

No.

Onaraasider
01-12-2012, 07:53 PM
pots??

Nick41324
01-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Do we need to continue to guess till someone gets it right?

pots??
Join the uninformed club...

Onaraasider
01-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Do we need to continue to guess till someone gets it right?

Join the uninformed club...
im so curious, i want to know lol

Nick41324
01-12-2012, 07:57 PM
I don't care who did it or how they did it... Just what happened.

Mikeylito
01-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Hi sam its imkelly, not sure if you got my message, but i was officially registered for the tourney. Everyone here can attest to
That. Unfortunately due to certain private circumstances(between me and sts) i had to be replaced. I was jw since i participated in this event snd was officially registered csn i pweeeasssseeee get a vanity shield. Anything you can do to help me out would be soooo great. Thank you sam!!

-imkelly

TrickiestFTW
01-12-2012, 08:00 PM
He said it was a "unintended buff issue" and then stated that he wouldn't want to have to look through plat history. So you guess...

Zeus
01-12-2012, 08:02 PM
He said it was a "unintended buff issue" and then stated that he wouldn't want to have to look through plat history. So you guess...

Screenshots are available on request. You need to see them?

XghostzX
01-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Woooooh!!

Urqui
01-12-2012, 08:15 PM
Edit: Wrong Thread
(Damn Iphone)

TrickiestFTW
01-12-2012, 08:29 PM
Um Apollo stop trying to start umm stuff (only appropriate word i can use) on this forum, you have nothing to do with ANY of this and by the way i wasn't quoting eden was I? I was quoting what sam said so maybe re-read next time also, i could care less for pictures from Eden (rush) because I honestly haven't heard a single truth spoken out of his mouth, everything he says is unreliable. So good day apollo!
Sincerely,
-TrickiestFTW! :]

Mikeylito
01-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Um Apollo stop trying to start umm stuff (only appropriate word i can use) on this forum, you have nothing to do with ANY of this and by the way i wasn't quoting eden was I? I was quoting what sam said so maybe re-read next time also, i could care less for pictures from Eden (rush) because I honestly haven't heard a single truth spoken out of his mouth, everything he says is unreliable. So good day apollo!
Sincerely,
-TrickiestFTW! :] i have to agree with this. If a person has LIED so many times in the past, how do you know when they are telling the truth??????

Jewelsofjane
01-12-2012, 09:27 PM
i have to agree with this. If a person has LIED so many times in the past, how do you know when they are telling the truth??????
I want proof of said lies. You keep saying this but have no examples or proof? You can only say what you ASSUME, which makes an *** out of u and me

I'm done here. Please show proof or it never happened.

StompArtist
01-12-2012, 09:38 PM
At this rate I wouldn't blame STS for refusing to hold further tournaments.

oyster fighter
01-12-2012, 09:40 PM
Sorry to but in here, but couple questions.
Has the glitch/exploit/whatever been fixed?
Will we know if it has or when it will be fixed?
Was the prob only related to mages?
I ask because I have a (lighthearted) idea for a small contest, but I don't want to put work into it if the system is wonkey. I have no interest in details here just want to know if I can proceed with no prob.
Thanks

CrimsonTider
01-12-2012, 09:42 PM
At this rate I wouldn't blame STS for refusing to hold further tournaments.

At this rate, I would not blame STS for taking other measures. And those involved know what I mean.

Ayc2000
01-12-2012, 09:47 PM
At this rate, I would not blame STS for taking other measures. And those involved know what I mean.

that might end up causing even more drama though :/

TrickiestFTW
01-12-2012, 09:54 PM
I don't have pictures because I'm on an android and they can't take screenies unless its rooted, but I wouldn't go off saying things that aren't true and the thing is lone, I'm not the only one you've lied to. You've lied to a lot of people thus being the reason why you were accused and when you denied it people prevailed saying you were cheating because your word is no longer valid, everything you say is potentially a lie. You've got alot of things to clear up, with a lot of different people. and no pic no proof? well that's fine but when yall find out that he's been lying to you, don't cry about it you've been warned.
Sincerely,
-TrickiestFTW

Samhayne
01-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Please see this post: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?47987-Further-explanation-for-the-change-in-prize-support-for-the-1v1-Mage-Tournament&p=538693#post538693