PDA

View Full Version : Combined friend list

Iambirdman
07-24-2010, 03:41 PM
It's sucks having different friends on each character, what you guys think about combined list of your friends so you have one list for all your characters, or implanting an account name,

Example: your account name is John, john has 3 characters, when John plays on his bear and Kathy befriends him, she doesn't befriend the bear she befriends John, so next time john plays on his bird Kathy will see that her friend John is playing on his bird, instead like now you don't see when your friend is playing until you add all of his characters and him yours

Royce
07-24-2010, 05:23 PM
I agree completely. I would also love to see some sort of grouping and filtering in the friends list.

Gavry
07-24-2010, 06:37 PM
I just want to fast forward 1 year when all these great suggestions have all been introduced. Hehe

Iambirdman
07-24-2010, 11:28 PM
Don't we all:) but it's fun to see the game grow and become big

Iambirdman
07-26-2010, 02:48 AM
Yo I think it's a pretty damn good idea, so for it to be implanted there has to be enough yay!

So post your yay or nay:)

Your truly, one and only, Birdman!

haroldiv
07-26-2010, 03:02 AM
the problem is some people dont want everyone to know who their alts are.

Iambirdman
07-26-2010, 03:29 AM
What's there to hide? Unless you cheated someone on your alt back in the day:)

Royce
07-26-2010, 02:04 PM
So I just tried to picture what this would be like, and it's more complicated than it seems. For instance, say you add someone to your friend list. If they have 4 characters, all are automatically added (3 as offline so you would not even notice at first). Later, you wonder why there is some level 10 noob (another of that players characters) on your friend list, and you delete him, deleting all 4 characters, including the one you met and may have wanted to keep. I'm sure there's a way to have much better friend management then we currently have, but I'm not sure a simple combined friend list would work.

Jstizar
07-26-2010, 02:08 PM
So I just tried to picture what this would be like, and it's more complicated than it seems. For instance, say you add someone to your friend list. If they have 4 characters, all are automatically added (3 as offline so you would not even notice at first). Later, you wonder why there is some level 10 noob (another of that players characters) on your friend list, and you delete him, deleting all 4 characters, including the one you met and may have wanted to keep. I'm sure there's a way to have much better friend management then we currently have, but I'm not sure a simple combined friend list would work.

I had an idea like birdman's but after thinking about it for a while I came to the conclusion that ^^^ Royce did, mostly at least. I could never come up with something that would be simple enough so that it wasn't confusing but complex enough so that it could handle many alts efficiently.

bmc85uk
07-26-2010, 03:25 PM
I do like the idea, although surely a character would have to then be listed under account name, ie

BMC>Herbzie etc etc etc

to save a load of mess in the friends list, then again, if you're good enough friends with someone they'll usually tell you about their alts anyway.

Iambirdman
07-26-2010, 04:41 PM
I do like the idea, although surely a character would have to then be listed under account name, ie

BMC>Herbzie etc etc etc

to save a load of mess in the friends list, then again, if you're good enough friends with someone they'll usually tell you about their alts anyway.

Yeah it's gonna be like that, it's gonna show that your friend John is not playing on his lvl 3 archer, not just there is a new guy showed up in your friend list

Like we can even use our forum names, which people that o the forum already familiar with, so it's very simple:)