PDA

View Full Version : Been scammed wat to do?

saiyen
01-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Hey guys its saiyen,a well know player asked me to borrow my devour skull,as i gave he went ofline n never came back,wat to do now to get my skull back?
Any opinions?

dugantale
01-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Did he remive you, oris he just of line?

LwMark
01-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Im sory for your loss.once again people just dont lend out your items!

LelouchX
01-13-2012, 03:02 PM
you can ask a dev/supoort to look into the logs and track down what happened and address it, or try to find out the players alts to make sure it isn't on the CS. it's a shame this happens. Best of luck.

saiyen
01-13-2012, 03:03 PM
Well hes still on my list
N he is a well known lvl 41 player

Bronxman2012
01-13-2012, 03:05 PM
All kidding aside, you should learn from this. That is how we grow. Now, it could be coincidental that he went offline as you gave it to him, and he has not yet reappeared. But, I would contact the developers about this. They should be able to verfiy what you say and make sure you get back your equipment.

In the future, don't give out your equipment.

saiyen
01-13-2012, 03:10 PM
I have known him since 4 months thats why i gave him

adidaman
01-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Even if he contacts the developers, they can't do anything considering the player gave the item away to him. Devs don't help in trade or give cases. However, your best bet is to wait for the player to come back on, or find one of his friends and ask for help.

Redbridge
01-13-2012, 03:45 PM
Hey there,

Best plan you have available is to keep those fingers crossed and hope for the best.

STS have a strict non-return policy when it comes to lending/trading items. Check out http://support.spacetimestudios.com/entries/20660151-reimbursement-return-policy

Hopefully, you'll get it sorted but it might be a tough lesson learnt. Good luck with it.

Slant
01-13-2012, 03:48 PM
go through the TOS and ROC (http://support.spacetimestudios.com/entries/20660146-rules-of-conduct) once helps a bit
STS does not arbitrate trade disputes , in any case this is not a scam
I thought you had seen enough of this in the game maybe he dc or something and he'll give you back in a while

saiyen
01-13-2012, 10:12 PM
Lets hope for best
*fingers crossed*

David Wang
01-13-2012, 10:14 PM
umm... its probably the best to report that scammer(if u remember the name). or u can write a letter to the spacetime studios.

krazii
01-13-2012, 10:18 PM
If he's in a guild, contact the guild leader or officers. Otherwise, if he refuses, copy the chat log and post his name and log here. Nothing like a little forumn love to edge him towards the right thing to do.

Jugernugett
01-13-2012, 10:19 PM
C'mon we all know, go to home page for space time studios forums and click support. Bing bang boom ur finished.

javier995
01-13-2012, 10:31 PM
C'mon we all know, go to home page for space time studios forums and click support. Bing bang boom ur finished.

Not necessarily bud.

In cases like this (as explained above) STS can't really do anything.

Why can't they do anything/much about trade "scams"?

It's not really their fault. It was done in a secure trade screen, you had to confirm your trade TWICE. Now if they gave it, its the same to an extent. They gifted the item, so they asked for nothing in return. That's not something STS has anything to do with, that gifting was all you. The difference is that there is no confirmation to gifting, BC well its gifting.

That's why STS can't really do anything. Its the other guy's item now, so if they take it back it can cause a fuss.

To Saiyen.

You can do two things, as said above. You email support, or wait for the guy to come back on.

The email is:
Support(at)spacetimestudios(dot)com

Replace
(At) with @
(Dot) with .

I'll ask you if you can email me the name of the person so i can help you with your problem.

saiyen
01-13-2012, 11:22 PM
Kk jav i pm u his name n guild

saiyen
01-14-2012, 03:25 AM
Hmm he gave me my skull back
So closing this thread

CodyBearr
01-14-2012, 03:49 AM
I actually got scammed by a top merchant for a mil
Dude has all that gold & items and yet still scams me

Ardon
01-14-2012, 04:53 AM
Hmm he gave me my skull back
So closing this thread

Was this a misunderstanding? Lol
Did you even bother to wait and then the next time he got on, ask him for the skull back?

Seems like you were being paranoid dude lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Firead
01-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Hey folks,

We've closed the thread, as the issue has been resolved. As a reminder, please be careful who you give items to!!

Firéad