PDA

View Full Version : no more dolls----no more talons

mechr
01-13-2012, 09:26 PM
I remember when I first started this game, I saw someone holding what appeared to be an alien head in their hand.
Upon inquiring on what this "absolutely amazing" piece of equipment was/what it does, I was told it was a shield for characters with Int.
It was the coolest thing in the game I had ever seen and even though I was a bear and I knew my primary focus would be for STR points, I decided I wanted to use a shield that was super duper cool and go the way of INT.

It was legendary when I turned lvl 35 and was able to finally use a voodoo doll. I mean it was a true epic moment in my life.

Fast forward 8 months later, and the Dolls are still one of the coolest looking pieces of equipment a guy or gal can get in PL.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the reason I started this thread is because I WONDER why there is No NEW DOLLS coming out?
It really could not have been THAT hard to make a GLYPH doll or a Vampiric style doll....

The liliths bracer is absolutely disgusting looking, at least the glyph bracers looked good.

ALSO WHAT IS UP WITH NO TALON OR one handed throwing weapons for DEX bASED chars?

Isn't the whole point of dex to be able to attack from far and be accurate at doing it?
Well we need at least 2 classes with ranged weapons (dex/int)
and it sucks that if you choose a shield for dex based char, only option is to have a dagger. yes it SUX

STS please im not begging im not asking im not demanding

just consider what i said here that's all i want
thanks

mechr

Swimmingstar
01-13-2012, 09:31 PM
There are halloween dolls. There are talons but not pink.

JaytB
01-13-2012, 09:38 PM
So more dolls, and bring back the talons? Yes to both!! :D

mechr
01-13-2012, 09:41 PM
There are halloween dolls. There are talons but not pink.

I guess what i meant by my post is there is no DOll to make a set
and no talon to make a set

the last doll set was lvl 50 shadow set
and the last talon set was lvl 55 custom set

maneatingtree
01-13-2012, 09:54 PM
Lvl 50 int dhadow set has doll

Swampy
01-13-2012, 10:03 PM
Im all for dolls! +1

Piosidon
01-14-2012, 01:23 AM
Lvl 50 int dhadow set has doll
And that cyber set we got

Swampy
01-14-2012, 01:44 AM
Though the shadow and cyber sets look cool, theyre kind of outdated...considering the cap is 15 levels higher than the minimum level to use the 50 sets. (Barely anyone above 55 still wheres shadow or cyber)
Any who, we could use a brand new sparkly doll set to replace those dull-ish bracers. ^^

mechr
01-14-2012, 01:54 AM
$$ right on the money swampy

thats exactly what i mean, NEW doll and NEW talon sets.... read 1st post and you will see lol

Fyrce
01-14-2012, 01:55 AM
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to collect more dolls! Especially if they have frilly dresses!

CodyBearr
01-14-2012, 01:58 AM
Gotta say I couldn't say no to any doll so I'm all for this... And I agree a vampire doll would of rocked much like the crystal golem doll a mini ver of a golem so make a mini ver of aunt Emma

zuesmirza
01-14-2012, 02:10 AM
I agree with you mechr. But I love the launchers and guns(winter snowball,cyber blaster of void,sentinal shotgun of death,mega blaster of void),well everyone loves them :-D. But unfortunately there are no more such sort of items. Dnt knw what has happened to STS's creativity :-P.
And yes,the bracers,daggers sucks..

RedRyder
01-14-2012, 03:53 AM
I fn'love the dolls in game. There haven't been any dolls or talons since 55, and it's pretty lame. I have a full dex bird, its always full dex, so. I se no point in using a dagger. It's a bow bird, but I really prefer talons, since my main is a mage and I've been playing it for nearly 2 years, my main item build has been a 4 piece range set up with the wand. I don't even play my bear, so I'm not used to close range.

Even when I twink pvp'd at 20, prior to the stat based skill dmg/effect update, my bear was an int build with ranged staffs. I'd really prefer my bird to have a 4 pc long range set since with full dex my armor isn't at it's highest, I'm stuck with the bow set with even less armor due to the lack of a dagger

RedRyder
01-14-2012, 03:54 AM
I agree with you mechr. But I love the launchers and guns(winter snowball,cyber blaster of void,sentinal shotgun of death,mega blaster of void),well everyone loves them :-D. But unfortunately there are no more such sort of items. Dnt knw what has happened to STS's creativity :-P.

They're reaching the data limit with PL so their "creativity" isn't up to par with their sp

ZHEOTARE
01-14-2012, 12:53 PM
They have talons at 65. Sadly, it's only a green item.

I agree with both ideas. Crafted dolls, and crafted talons would be the ish.

NECROREAPER
01-14-2012, 02:06 PM
Though the shadow and cyber sets look cool, theyre kind of outdated...considering the cap is 15 levels higher than the minimum level to use the 50 sets. (Barely anyone above 55 still wheres shadow or cyber)
Any who, we could use a brand new sparkly doll set to replace those dull-ish bracers. ^^

I still wear and use my hate set at lvl 65...

ninjaduck
01-14-2012, 02:11 PM

Cool people have to wear cool stuff... durr...

:D

Drekkthar
01-14-2012, 02:22 PM

Hate was a nice set, still rock mines in balefort time to time.

mechr
01-14-2012, 02:32 PM
im not sure about this but did they "dumb down" the amount of smoke emitted from hate/death/shadow sets?
i guess to make the new sets look better as the smoke is more intense?

not sure if im crazy or it really did happen

Nick41324
01-14-2012, 02:33 PM
Next map should have the dolls and talons for sure! Who cares about bracers and daggers :P

Conradin
01-14-2012, 02:35 PM
why dont they delete skellar crunch and use that data on the new campaign???

zuesmirza
01-14-2012, 02:38 PM

They're reaching the data limit with PL so their "creativity" isn't up to par with their sp

That is the reason they are re-using the dungeons. Thats not a reason for not bringing the dolls,talons,launchers.

Swampy
01-14-2012, 02:40 PM

It is a very nice set, but the *majority* of people dont where the old shadow sets after 55. Im not saying no one ever wears the shadow sets anymore

Kaytar
01-14-2012, 03:08 PM
Cyber doll is the coolest (or used to be) looking doll. Then the light turned green and it looks...eww. it goes with mystery set not cyber. I want it blue again :(

RedRyder
01-14-2012, 03:23 PM
That is the reason they are re-using the dungeons. Thats not a reason for not bringing the dolls,talons,launchers.

I don't recall referring to that in that particular post. Unless you're seeing something I'm not.

Nick41324
01-15-2012, 12:45 PM
I saw 'the wise woman' in balefort sewers and remembered this thread. She has this weird green haunted doll. Thought it was worth sharing :P

Swampy
01-15-2012, 12:47 PM
I saw 'the wise woman' in balefort sewers and remembered this thread. She has this weird green haunted doll. Thought it was worth sharing :P

If they actually made that an item I would SO buy it!

Nick41324
01-15-2012, 12:48 PM
Make it a vanity shield and put it as DOTD for 100 plat. Easy sell xD

Swimmingstar
01-15-2012, 01:10 PM
A level 65 was wearing a mystery robe.

AbsolutePally
01-15-2012, 01:57 PM
There will be a human doll for the next campaign "Humania"
It will be a Str doll.

And to get one, you must kid nap someone (as a big scary strong bear) attach them to your arm with duct tape and use them as a shield as others have used you.

Pay back is a ......