PDA

View Full Version : Yo peoPle thts sad

plmafiaboss
01-13-2012, 10:25 PM
It's just pathetic really and usually annoying how people just start raging over pvp. And I'm not talking bout o "WTF u rushed me. Ur dead" kinda stuff. I'm talkin bout people blown they top off and tossin their profanity around. PUT THAT STUFF AWAY. THERE R CHILDREN HERE! Lol. But really is it necessary to curse at people cuz u can't beat them in pvp? No. Its just annoying and immature
I just thought this is something to "generally discuss" so... Yea.
/endrant

mechr
01-13-2012, 10:30 PM
lol the internets is FULL of ragers....

you find them any and everywhere

nowadays, there is always a comments section after every article, web page or whatever where you can leave your thoughts on the previously posted content.

this is usually where we find the most e-ragers because it's mostly anonymous
discussion forums are usually a good place to find these e-ragers too, however at times the forum will be a closely knit community and the ragers won't be as omnipresent
video games---yeah ragers always

plmafiaboss
01-13-2012, 10:34 PM

nowadays, there is always a comments section after every article, web page or whatever where you can leave your thoughts on the previously posted content.

this is usually where we find the most e-ragers because it's mostly anonymous
discussion forums are usually a good place to find these e-ragers too, however at times the forum will be a closely knit community and the ragers won't be as omnipresent
video games---yeah ragers alwaystrue. It's just so annoying lol. I gotta explore other games xD

javier995
01-13-2012, 10:35 PM
I don't like when people cuss ingame period. I'm not talking about "wtf" that can be used in many ways, not big of a problem. I don't like it when they get around the mute and other things, like seriously there ARE kids playing!

I usually tell them to chill out BC of the kids, so they stop. Just some don't listen and say "o where just having fun dude (f word here) off!" Will they ever stop? Probably not.

It went so far that some guy started saying the N word with Q's, that got me so mad, but hey nothing we can do about it.

Draopwnzall
01-13-2012, 10:37 PM
Ahh, the N word with a 'Q'. Now that really gets me mad.

plmafiaboss
01-13-2012, 10:38 PM
I don't like when people cuss ingame period. I'm not talking about "wtf" that can be used in many ways, not big of a problem. I don't like it when they get around the mute and other things, like seriously there ARE kids playing!

I usually tell them to chill out BC of the kids, so they stop. Just some don't listen and say "o where just having fun dude (f word here) off!" Will they ever stop? Probably not.

It went so far that some guy started saying the N word with Q's, that got me so mad, but hey nothing we can do about it.report ftw

WoundedEagle
01-13-2012, 10:40 PM
/endrant

I'm in love with this word now.

Good post bro.

javier995
01-13-2012, 10:41 PM
I forgot to report, we (a group of us) where arguing with him BC he kept telling us he can beat us all in pvp (i killed him 5 times in a row he's beaten me once til today) and after i stated i beat him he started cussing. He began to say that word and i got so mad i began to argue with him more.

Gets me so mad you know, just want to punch him >_<.

plmafiaboss
01-13-2012, 10:45 PM
/endrant

I'm in love with this word now.

Good post bro.Lol nd Ty xD

plmafiaboss
01-13-2012, 10:46 PM
I forgot to report, we (a group of us) where arguing with him BC he kept telling us he can beat us all in pvp (i killed him 5 times in a row he's beaten me once til today) and after i stated i beat him he started cussing. He began to say that word and i got so mad i began to argue with him more.

Gets me so mad you know, just want to punch him >_<.yea. Just up and hit him. POW. then yell IN THE FACE xD lol jkjk

javier995
01-13-2012, 10:54 PM
yea. Just up and hit him. POW. then yell IN THE FACE xD lol jkjk

Lol

Can a person get banned for saying the N word with Q's?

adidaman
01-13-2012, 10:59 PM
I have no actual problems with your post, but would it really take that much longer to put the "ar" in are o.o

Zraorizer
01-13-2012, 11:54 PM
I think this should end because kids are playing and they aren't suppose to hear those words. Those who say bad words to kids are just so immature imagine them saying that to their own son.

Pandar
01-13-2012, 11:56 PM
Saying the N word with Q's would absolutely get you banned. It is highly inappropriate, insensitive and we will not tolerate it.

AbsolutePally
01-14-2012, 11:23 AM
Snaps! Is it a perma ban of temp 7 daya or so?

javier995
01-14-2012, 11:33 AM
Do you want the name of the guy? Or should i just report him next time he says it?

Imsebastiaanl
01-14-2012, 11:40 AM

It went so far that some guy started saying the N word with Q's, that got me so mad, but hey nothing we can do about it.

I am a kid, and I agree, but dont say 'there r kids'. Wtf? What does is matter lol.

plmafiaboss
01-14-2012, 11:47 AM
Do you want the name of the guy? Or should i just report him next time he says it?screenshot and report with the screenshot in the report of course :p that's what I does

javier995
01-14-2012, 11:48 AM
I am a kid, and I agree, but dont say 'there r kids'. Wtf? What does is matter lol.

They're are kids (7-12 years old) playing the games. Do you really think its good for them to see all these cuss words? No its not. It actually does matter, you saying otherwise is just your opinion.

Imagine this, a kid is in the game and h starts to read all these cuss words. They don't know what they mean, so they ask their mom or dad. When they see what has been said, don't you think they'll be raging and probably email STS?

screenshot and report with the screenshot in the report of course :p that's what I does

Sadly no more screen shot on this phone:( I'll just report.

plmafiaboss
01-14-2012, 11:52 AM
[/QUOTE]Sadly no more screen shot on this phone:( I'll just report.[/QUOTE]dies inside Dx

javier995
01-14-2012, 11:56 AM
dies inside Dx

Ikr it sucks:( Need to ft my old phone back! Hmm

Get the same old phone or buy a 4th gen white iPod touch ?

plmafiaboss
01-14-2012, 12:00 PM
dies inside Dx

Ikr it sucks:( Need to ft my old phone back! Hmm

Get the same old phone or buy a 4th gen white iPod touch ?the hot iPod ftw lol

javier995
01-14-2012, 12:01 PM
the hot iPod ftw lol

Lol KK bud!

Sapient
01-14-2012, 03:59 PM

Ironic that you can't spell RAGE anywhere in internet.

Onaraasider
01-14-2012, 04:09 PM
the funny thing about what ur saying is, most of the people that curse, are the cchildren lol

Cahaun
01-14-2012, 04:22 PM
the funny thing about what ur saying is, most of the people that curse, are the cchildren lol
Sad isn't it? All the people that cuss in CoD games sound like eight year olds. (I caused a few rage quits for some people. I guess I killed a camper who was about to get some crazy high killstreak. I just ran along and saw some guy hiding on the ground so I shoot him in the head *buzzkill*. All of a sudden: "<insert the worst list of cuss words here> you Maud_dib!")
Yea some people need to grow up. :(

Onaraasider
01-14-2012, 04:25 PM
Sad isn't it? All the people that cuss in CoD games sound like eight year olds. (I caused a few rage quits for some people. I guess I killed a camper who was about to get some crazy high killstreak. I just ran along and saw some guy hiding on the ground so I shoot him in the head *buzzkill*. All of a sudden: "<insert the worst list of cuss words here> you Maud_dib!")
Yea some people need to grow up. :(lol,but when was the last time since u were in middle school

Sapient
01-14-2012, 04:31 PM
I love listening to adults criticize other people for cussing around children, when children hear way worse things at school.

Onaraasider
01-14-2012, 05:02 PM
I love listening to adults criticize other people for cussing around children, when children hear way worse things at school.

exactly what i was trying to say

Jugernugett
01-14-2012, 05:18 PM
Go plmafiaboss brother!>[]<

Jugernugett
01-14-2012, 05:22 PM

They're are kids (7-12 years old) playing the games. Do you really think its good for them to see all these cuss words? No its not. It actually does matter, you saying otherwise is just your opinion.

Imagine this, a kid is in the game and h starts to read all these cuss words. They don't know what they mean, so they ask their mom or dad. When they see what has been said, don't you think they'll be raging and probably email STS?

screenshot and report with the screenshot in the report of course :p that's what I does

Sadly no more screen shot on this phone:( I'll just report.not trying to get in trouble or anything but I'm around 12-13 years and I ain't that dumb. I'm actually kinda smart XD

Cahaun
01-14-2012, 05:48 PM

Sadly no more screen shot on this phone:( I'll just report.not trying to get in trouble or anything but I'm around 12-13 years and I ain't that dumb. I'm actually kinda smart XD
I don't think we called anyone dumb. The point is is that respect is needed, and to have these people cussing is disrespectful to themselves and others.

Kiwihawk
01-14-2012, 05:52 PM
thats why i dont do pvp

Kiwihawk

javier995
01-14-2012, 06:54 PM

Since I'm 'criticizing' others for cussing I'll let you know I'm actually 16. Do you see kids of the ages 7-12 who play these games cuss at school? No. Therefore you can't really make suck a broad statement and say that they hear worse things at school.

Would you like yo have your kid (lets say you have one k) that's 7-12 read all these cuss words on a game that's suppose to be fun? Yet so many people are throwing the F bomb and saying female dog (the cuss word of it obviously) just to have 'fun' or BC they're angry.

Instead of exposing these words to kids why can't they say it the person through a pm?

Tell me, do you cuss ingame too? If not, then why would it matter if we 'criticize' those who cuss?

Tbh, I'm referring to the SL side of the community.

I have never seen anyone from 7-12 cuss in SL. Every time someone cusses i ask how old they are, all respond with a 15+. Yes ik they can be lying blah blah blah, but who am i to say they're lying about their age, so i just take their word for it.

Sapient
01-15-2012, 02:22 AM
My neighbors are in 3rd grade. They sound like sailors, I ask them where they learned that talk, they say "from school".

I remember what kids talked about in my elementary school, when I asked my parents about it, they had to go look it up. The kid knew how to say the F word in 9 different languages.

Anyways I am in no way implying that they remove or increase leniency on STS's language policy javier. All I am saying is that kids tend to be more jacked up in the head then adults sometimes.

javier995
01-15-2012, 03:02 AM
That's true, to an extent. Not all kids are like this, there is a high majority that there is tho, i can agree there. That's not what I'm saying, nor referring too.

Yes kids do cuss, sometimes more than others, but like i said i have yet to meet a kid on SL that cusses.

I have met kids that sound like 'sailors', heck my 7&9 year old cousins cuss way more than myself. Thats parenting tho, my aunt says she knows they'll cuss so she doesn't care. Bad parenting? To a certain degree yes, but its all on the kid. Both cuss a lot, yet the 9 year old is more respectful and listens more.

Its not where the kid learns the words, its how their parents react to it and how 'well' they know when to use these words.

Heck i was in PL an hour ago and a 13 year old (yes he told us his age) got killed (in pvp) and began to use cuss words. I told him to stop and just fight, that's what he did. Therefore it all depends on the person.

Let me put is simple.

Tell someone not to cuss BC there are kids playing, and they'll most likely stop cussing (or do it less). If no one tells them anything, who knows how many kids (s)he'll 'teach' these words to.

Since when is it good for kids to learn these words at such a young age? Why shouldn't we ask others to stop cussing to keep these words from the eyes of children? Is it really such a bad thing to ask them to stop?

Don't you think its somewhat stupid if you teach a kid a cuss word? To teach a kid all you'd have yo do is say it once, and bam its in their head. Thus you have taught them a word that children shouldn't use, would you do that?

Take note that by saying a cuss on chat (or out loud in rl) you have exposed the word to the child, now how guilty would you feel? Heck i feel guilty every time a cuss slips out in front of my family and immediately apologize. I see it as disrespect to cuss in front of someone who you're supposed to respect. Isn't that why we can't cuss at school, in MMOs, to an authority figure, or to/at many other things? If so, then why is it OK to not care if a child sees/hears or says these cuss words? Would you say anything to said person whom cussed?

Why is it so bad to tell someone not to cuss BC of the possibility of the presence of children? Is it even bad? I think not, its just trying to keep chats clean.

Ok so cussing isn't a problem with you, or so it seems that way, right? Lets see know how many ways can the f bomb be used? Lots right? What if they use it for different sorts of things instead of cussing? They're doing this in front of children right? You still think we. (I) shouldn't say anything to stop that? Is exposing that use of the word good to children? Heck no it isn't, so what's the difference with just cussing? I'll tell you what the difference is, oh wait there is no difference. Its all the same, it shouldn't be seen nor heard by children. Anyone who thinks otherwise, well i have nothing to say to you.

Now if you would like to keep talking about this, you're more than welcome to send me a pm. I don't want to keep our 'discussion' going as i fear it will lead to an argument.

That being said, have a good Sunday.

-Javier

Ixillicus
01-15-2012, 08:58 AM
Protip: You can report someone even if they leave or run out of the sequence.

/report username

javier995
01-15-2012, 10:36 AM
Protip: You can report someone even if they leave or run out of the sequence.

/report username

Yup, commands ftw!

Sapient
01-15-2012, 02:09 PM
Now if you would like to keep talking about this, you're more than welcome to send me a pm. I don't want to keep our 'discussion' going as i fear it will lead to an argument.

That being said, have a good Sunday.

-Javier

I don't think I worded my posts correctly. I totally agree with your post and I do not see this leading into any sort of argument. Yes there are kids that have not been exposed, ignorance is bliss :).