PDA

View Full Version : A PSA from an STS Mod: We're family here.

Remiem
02-18-2020, 02:19 AM
Good morning, afternoon, or evening, depending on where you are in the world! It's your friendly neighborhood Remiem here with a short PSA about our lives here in the STS Community.

In the nearly 7 years I've been in the Spacetime community, I've admired one thing above all others: Here, we're family.

Sure there's drama, and nothing's ever perfect, but overall we love our little world here in the forums and in game and sharing that world with other community members holds a certain kind of magic.

Lately, I've seen a disturbing trend of people coming into the forums and being less than friendly toward their fellow players. Insults, scamming, trolling, and the like have gotten out of hand, and it breaks my heart to see it! It's time to remember where we came from, and think about the kind of virtual world we want to live in and be a part of creating for others.

Someone once told me that the golden rule is: Treat other how you would want to be treated. But the platinum rule is: Treat others how THEY want to be treated. Whichever you choose, following either of these rules will make these forums a better place for everyone.

A few things to keep in mind:

We are an international community. That means there are different cultures, beliefs, and most of all languages among our players. Not everyone speaks english perfectly, but we are all working to communicate with each other as best we can. Before you comment on someone's ability to speak your language, ask yourself: Could you speak theirs? If not, (or even if so), give them a high five for doing their best and seek to understand them.

A player-run economy is a really special thing, and entirely built by you. The golden rule comes in here too. If you want fair prices and trust among buyers and sellers, be an honest and respectful merchant or customer yourself. Intentional price inflation, scamming, and hijacking trade threads is not something I'd expect you'd want done to you. So, don't do it to others.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I love a good debate, but a good debate is civil, never gets personal, and certainly does not include insults or questioning another player's intelligence or character. Make your point, but keep things friendly.
Let the devs and mods take care of the yucky stuff. We monitor these forums daily and will always get to your reports and remove inappropriate posts. When you feed into negativity, it grows. Please report these posts and let them sink to the bottom of the forums where they belong. <3 As the old adage goes, don't feed the trolls.

There's so much more I could say, but really, you guys get the idea! I love this place. I consider it my second home, and I hope many of you do too! Let's keep it a friendly and uplifting place to be. Thanks! And now, back to your regularly scheduled adventures.

Crankomaniac
02-18-2020, 03:49 PM
Love ur post remi! As joaquin phoenix well said: Run to rescue with love and peace will follow :)

dominatingnerbzjsgd
02-18-2020, 04:20 PM
Good morning, afternoon, or evening, depending on where you are in the world! It's your friendly neighborhood Remiem here with a short PSA about our lives here in the STS Community.

In the nearly 7 years I've been in the Spacetime community, I've admired one thing above all others: Here, we're family.

Sure there's drama, and nothing's ever perfect, but overall we love our little world here in the forums and in game and sharing that world with other community members holds a certain kind of magic.

Lately, I've seen a disturbing trend of people coming into the forums and being less than friendly toward their fellow players. Insults, scamming, trolling, and the like have gotten out of hand, and it breaks my heart to see it! It's time to remember where we came from, and think about the kind of virtual world we want to live in and be a part of creating for others.

Someone once told me that the golden rule is: Treat other how you would want to be treated. But the platinum rule is: Treat others how THEY want to be treated. Whichever you choose, following either of these rules will make these forums a better place for everyone.

We are an international community. That means there are different cultures, beliefs, and most of all languages among our players. Not everyone speaks english perfectly, but we are all working to communicate with each other as best we can. Before you comment on someone's ability to speak your language, ask yourself: Could you speak theirs? If not, (or even if so), give them a high five for doing their best and seek to understand them.

A player-run economy is a really special thing, and entirely built by you. The golden rule comes in here too. If you want fair prices and trust among buyers and sellers, be an honest and respectful merchant or customer yourself. Intentional price inflation, scamming, and hijacking trade threads is not something I'd expect you'd want done to you. So, don't do it to others.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I love a good debate, but a good debate is civil, never gets personal, and certainly does not include insults or questioning another player's intelligence or character. Make your point, but keep things friendly.
Let the devs and mods take care of the yucky stuff. We monitor these forums daily and will always get to your reports and remove inappropriate posts. When you feed into negativity, it grows. Please report these posts and let them sink to the bottom of the forums where they belong. <3 As the old adage goes, don't feed the trolls.

There's so much more I could say, but really, you guys get the idea! I love this place. I consider it my second home, and I hope many of you do too! Let's keep it a friendly and uplifting place to be. Thanks! And now, back to your regularly scheduled adventures.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Azerothraven
02-18-2020, 07:04 PM
This is what we needed. I gave up forum ages ago because of the salt, negativity and less than immature people. When ideas came to be, people would undermine the person rather than the idea.
I am hoping this takes a positive turn and people learn to be friendlier. I know I will try my best as this has given me some home for a friendlier community.

Thanks for this!

Christmaztown
02-18-2020, 08:12 PM
True I have been in this community for over 5 years even though I didn't have an account on the forums until 2 year's ago I have been in game since beta test pretty much and I've seen many trolls and scams and negative words and conversations in chat. It is difficult but throughout the years i have tried keeping peace and helping all players I can. I've given away over 200million gold to random players along with 100million or so to subscribers of my YouTube channel where I did contests for whoever showed up during live streams. I had hoped this would help the community be more positive and outgoing. But I have still seen much negativity. I hope to try and continue to change the negativity in the game and convince more people to join and not be trolls. Anyways I hope we can all get along and stay positive and be friendly towards each other.

This message from remiem has made me think about the past and I hope you all learn from any mistakes or trolls and always try to think of the positive side. Remiem thanks for your kind message, really do miss you in game. Miss our small talks xD its been a year or so.

Anyways good post! Let's all be family and change the outcome of every players attitude to be more positive!

~Christmaztown

Pyramid Head
02-18-2020, 09:36 PM
Thanks Remiem, this was much needed. Hope people give the forum rules a read as well.

Deletus
02-19-2020, 12:27 AM
Its not only in forum but also in game, some of the players don't care about the golden rule. [emoji3578]

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Encryptions
02-19-2020, 01:44 AM
We are an international community. That means there are different cultures, beliefs, and most of all languages among our players. Not everyone speaks english perfectly, but we are all working to communicate with each other as best we can. Before you comment on someone's ability to speak your language, ask yourself: Could you speak theirs? If not, (or even if so), give them a high five for doing their best and [I]seek to understand them

When people make fun of others for not being able to be precise in a certain language it makes me cringe worse than when I read a mom joke.
I'd love to see them try to learn a different language, it is not easy at all. I have learned 4 different languages which I am still not fluent in either of them. I have worked on each for a few years now and I am able to read and understand what they say but when it comes to typing or sometimes speaking; it is pretty hard. Different sentence structures and hard to pronounce words.
In Spanish they have over 100 ways to say whats up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Deletus
02-19-2020, 02:35 AM
When people make fun of others for not being able to be precise in a certain language it makes me cringe worse than when I read a mom joke.
I'd love to see them try to learn a different language, it is not easy at all. I have learned 4 different languages which I am still not fluent in either of them. I have worked on each for a few years now and I am able to read and understand what they say but when it comes to typing or sometimes speaking; it is pretty hard. Different sentence structures and hard to pronounce words.
In Spanish they have over 100 ways to say whats up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TapatalkIts fun learning others language, woah i just have a small talk to Lennycinco i wanted to learn Spanish, but maybe no for 100 ways to say whats up[emoji1787]

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Zurie
02-19-2020, 02:54 AM
what is PSA?

pretzel
02-19-2020, 03:41 AM
Thank you Remi for that post.
Since you are mentioning non native speakers, a comment from one might be in order: we often have troubles with acronyms.
And this post provides a very good example: the first thing a famous search engine answers when I search PSA is Prostate-Specific Antigen.
A more thorough search produces PSA = Public Service Announcement

Priestess
02-19-2020, 07:43 AM
Thank you for addressing this and spreading positivity.

Encryptions
02-19-2020, 07:53 AM
Its fun learning others language, woah i just have a small talk to Lennycinco i wanted to learn Spanish, but maybe no for 100 ways to say whats up[emoji1787]

Sent from my Mi 9T using TapatalkHere are a few ways to say whats up.
Qué pasa, qué tal, qué hay, qué hay de nuevo, qué valo, qué hubo, qué onda. I can't remember the others but some are used in specific places or times. Qué tal is the one you can use everywhere generally.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Inglorious Fury
02-19-2020, 10:03 AM
I love this place too. Think about it more than my work. Lol. Silly me XD. Can manage myself, just feel funny about it. Hahaha.. The tag line is real. Anywhere, anytime, everytime XD.

Eugeni000
02-19-2020, 02:22 PM
thank you for reminding the players/us how things should be done... have a great day everyone :D

Pinklips
02-19-2020, 02:45 PM
Thanks Remiem. Yes you are right. We are a small world, we are a family. But unfortunately there is such a negativity among people here, specially in the forums who are always ready to start an argument or insult/troll people just bcos someone have a different opinion. This is the reason I rarely come online on forums. I hope things get better and people learn to be more friendly and accept/respect someone else's opinion too. Love and Peace !

ManthanPatel
02-20-2020, 09:07 AM
Thanks Remiem. Yes you are right. We are a small world, we are a family. But unfortunately there is such a negativity among people here, specially in the forums who are always ready to start an argument or insult/troll people just bcos someone have a different opinion. This is the reason I rarely come online on forums. I hope things get better and people learn to be more friendly and accept/respect someone else's opinion too. Love and Peace !Yah correct,

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Alvaropoker
02-20-2020, 09:39 AM
The best of this game are all good people and people who spend their time with you, lately there are very bad people many scams etc, but there are still many good people a hug to all those good people who enjoy and help others, I It is sad to go to the new map and everyone asking for a party because they are not so good, they are not so rich, we must help these people improve and be cheerful, we must try to make parties of 3 more good people and one not so much, that It doesn't matter if you reach round 30 instead of 90, start over, I love helping all those people and making them feel better,my ign is alvaroopooker hugs !

Zejtonpl
02-20-2020, 09:56 AM
Fajne posty remi ;)

BaronB
02-22-2020, 08:08 PM
As it was in the beginning...

So shall it be in the end...

One Love <3

Jaiajih
02-22-2020, 10:13 PM
Gracias ppr todo

Susanne
02-23-2020, 03:40 AM
Thankyou. I got to the stage where I stopped reading the general discussion section because it upset me too much, especially when seeing people being picked on for their spelling and even for their sense of humour.
Unfortunately, I was guilty of biting back on some occasions. Won't happen again.
I have put a sign on my desk which reads.. Do not feed the trolls. 😏

Charles_Shadwick
02-23-2020, 02:02 PM
Yoooo, imagine being part of the community longer than an employee.

Sent from my 6062W using Tapatalk

picklewickles
02-27-2020, 04:23 PM

There's so much more I could say, but really, you guys get the idea! I love this place. I consider it my second home, and I hope many of you do too! Let's keep it a friendly and uplifting place to be. Thanks! And now, back to your regularly scheduled adventures.Actually i don't even wonder why this thread exists at the beginning of time (of arcane legenfs ofcourse) the community was way better i am not saying its that dead now. But nowadays its more likely to get in a fight with someone then before. I still gotta say within guilds the community is perfect like familys (ofcourse you have that one guy that starts insulting people or just keeps trolling in the guilds but aside from that the community can be good. ) (and yes its me picklewickles / sunstep can you believe i'm actually typing this :))) )

Sent from my SM-N935K using Tapatalk

Shimada
02-28-2020, 02:51 AM
Nice, Thank you Remiem!.

HimSug
02-28-2020, 03:02 AM
Nice job STS Family :o

darrh
03-16-2020, 05:56 PM
P

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Mezderak
03-16-2020, 07:15 PM
That should be a song "don't feed the trolls"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

Kakashis
03-17-2020, 04:35 AM
Very well said!

Sehloirobum
03-17-2020, 03:33 PM
Coisa linda, texto emocionante

skaazatafa
03-23-2020, 01:57 AM
There's a lot of racist people in this game .
Skreets , is one of them .Yesterday he was too rude using bad words towards arabs and muslims ..He was cursing Allah as well and Quraan...

stsgrump
06-19-2020, 12:35 PM
This post would have made sense and T would have agreed upon it. But sadly i have to disagree with some of it , as i've personally seen that the devs barely sort out issues with real proof. The same banned, toxic people always comeback somehow. Keeping them in this game does not make sense if you want a better environment. Some of them even use the same forum name and wave it in your faces.

Another thing id like to highlight is this current pandemic we are going through, where some of us around the world have not been paid for months, are struggling and here we are with an awaken event. Excellent job (really dissapointing in other words, by the tone of my sarcasm)Let alone the exchange rates crashing. Its in bad taste. You've not considered those of us in bad positions. Anyway your company your rules ...

Yuggernaut
06-22-2020, 10:47 PM

great post, thanks for the communitacion, btw, make more than two platinium discount event per year, hope u guys keep that in mind.

Prestige666
07-10-2020, 07:59 PM
I’m so nooooooooobbbb

CHAOSSS
07-28-2020, 04:23 PM

There's so much more I could say, but really, you guys get the idea! I love this place. I consider it my second home, and I hope many of you do too! Let's keep it a friendly and uplifting place to be. Thanks! And now, back to your regularly scheduled adventures.Wow Just read this post. Awesome Remiem. One of the reasons i love Arlor is our social platforms. In game and here in forum.

You developers rock. I know for myself. I am autistic and this game gives me so much in form of creativity in my frog palace.. Yes i am King Frog aka Topfrog Lord of Bubble frogs.. Without you guys I would not have this world. It would just suck .

Thank you so much for keeping this world alive..
Another thing i can add to the Treat other how they want to be treated is..this..
LIVE LAUGH LOVE.. my tavern has this motto on the floor bubble frog letters..
Spread the love!!

It speaks volumes into Arlor and also that love seeps out into the real world the encompasses all of us...

One kind word or encouragement can change someones life in that moment..

A thoughtful gift or a embracing memory..
Even just being a ear for a fellow player struggling in life..
Every little bit of love we share..goes miles...
Casts empowering light into the darkness..

Thank you again so much...

Much Love for you all

Ign: Topfrog

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

nitara
08-08-2020, 05:57 AM

CHAOSSS
08-12-2020, 05:47 PM
We are an international community. That means there are different cultures, beliefs, and most of all languages among our players. Not everyone speaks english perfectly, but we are all working to communicate with each other as best we can. Before you comment on someone's ability to speak your language, ask yourself: Could you speak theirs? If not, (or even if so), give them a high five for doing their best and seek to understand them.Yes totally agree. I been on game years and met so many wonderful people across all cultures.... I do my best to work with all languages . I try and use Keyboard translate in some cases so i can convert my native language english to others if i know where someone is from.. i love this game..and the people in it too

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

capitalismatitsfinest
09-08-2020, 10:24 AM
.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200908/a8162b33bd03024015e5e6ce85f7bc7a.jpg

Kazuki1San
09-08-2020, 12:40 PM
thanks for this post.

KANPAI for batter days.

Tackled
09-08-2020, 12:43 PM
Gotta be a fam, support help eachother. There’s enough gold in the game for all of us- MONEY YAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ikeh.ikeh.kimochi
09-08-2020, 10:07 PM
Up

Articblitz03
10-08-2020, 09:14 AM
Such a nice post

Ptcf
10-09-2020, 12:45 PM

Truly inspiring talk to all of us, and one more rule, similar to yours u said: Respect others, as much as they respect u!
This one kinda makes me sad, because not much ppl today are respectable, or even talkable, their toxicity is on new level of this world.
Cmon all of u advnetures, we got a great game, great community and lets make it even greater, and dont forget this one: Never do anything bad to anyone, beacause that same or even worse might happen to you!

Hamburgerking
10-10-2020, 11:39 PM
I think sometimes we, as a community, forget that players are still real people with real lives, and using a fake name and some 20 million dollar vanity set doesn't change that. It all comes down to respect for each other, as gamers in the world STS has made for us, but also as people. We have the Golden Rule and the Platinum Rule, which are great, but I think it is time for the Arcanite Rule: Always respect people, regardless of how they treat you...AND regardless of whether or not they deserve respect. This goes double for people you disagree with. We all have our days where we just don't deserve to be treated with respect, or kindness at all, but if someone chooses to be kind anyway, how good does that feel? I'll tell you guys something a very wise person once told me: Hurt people hurt people. If someone is being toxic, just respond with kindness, or if you can't do that because you are frustrated, just leave the zone. Never spam how horrible someone is in chat or create hate threads on forums...you are only going to make things worse. You never know what happened to someone that day that may be influencing their mood, and you don't want to contribute to it. But if you go the route of kindness, you might be the person that turns that mood around. Your words of kindness might be the only ones they hear that day. I don't personally believe in karma, but I do believe that you reap what you sow. If you are always being negative, you are going to attract negative people, but if you act positive, you can end up making some great friends here. I'm not saying that bad things will never happen to you if you are a nice person, but you can certainly affect how people treat you by being kind to others.

Even looking at things from a purely selfish viewpoint, it is better to be kind to people:
More respect for fellow players=more friends to play with+more help when you need it=more fun+more gold+faster advancement+better community=best overall experience.

We definitely are family here in this amazing community. Love you guys :D

Great post, keep up the great work Devs! Thanks for almost 8 years of AL and may there be many more!

Ign: Hamburgerking
Guild: Ember of Hope

mark_inoue09
10-13-2020, 06:32 AM
Ozukeaba/Ozuukayaba from Philippines :D in my 8 years in Arcane legend I showed love to others, we must respect each others and we must learn from our mistakes. Having a good attitude is the key to find real friends.

Sent from my SM-A205GN using Tapatalk