PDA

View Full Version : As a temporary measure, re-enable mage buffs in PvP or disable every classes buffs

WhoIsThis
01-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Given that mage buffs have been disabled, it has left mages severely underpowered.

Temporary solutions:

1. Enable mage buffs. Few people know the mage exploit and fewer still are unethical enough to abuse it. Compared to a full scale disabling, this is probably the lesser evil. Far fewer players would be able to exploit the bugs than everybody exploiting mages.

2. Disable buffs for all classes. This would level the playing field significantly. For bird, evade and focus, while bear, evasion, rage, and taunt would have to be disabled.

Disabling the buffs of one class has led to a serious (albeit temporary) imbalance. I think that the above 2 are better alternatives as there are players taking advantage of weak mages.

CrimsonTider
01-14-2012, 07:45 PM
I agree about getting a fix. However, it has been over 24 hours since the mage buffs have been disabled. If mages are dumb enuff to still enter the arena, they are fair game IMO. If my bear had its buffs disabled, I am smart enuff to stay away from pvp! ;)

Ayc2000
01-14-2012, 07:46 PM
+1
pvp is terrible without buffs...I can't do any damage at all now because birds can just kill me in 2 sec...

WhoIsThis
01-14-2012, 07:50 PM
I agree about getting a fix. However, it has been over 24 hours since the mage buffs have been disabled. If mages are dumb enuff to still enter the arena, they are fair game IMO. If my bear had its buffs disabled, I am smart enuff to stay away from pvp! ;)

I get the feeling that this was one of those decisions that was quickly implemented without considering the consequences.

CrimsonTider
01-14-2012, 07:56 PM
I get the feeling that this was one of those decisions that was quickly implemented without considering the consequences.

I agree. I thought it was a joke when a well known pvper brought it up last night. I hope it gets fixed quickly. My mages are not my fav's but I know it is frustrating for those who have mages as mains.

WhoIsThis
01-14-2012, 07:59 PM
I haven't played for since it was on. I may level my bird later on though, but mage is my main.

Only a handful know the exploit, but when they do this, every mage suffers.

AbsolutePally
01-15-2012, 08:32 PM
One ruined it for a lot..maybe they shoulda thought about that first. Its not anyones fault but the cheater.

Piosidon
01-15-2012, 08:48 PM
It's still hard to kill a mm Mage using mana shield with a bear