PDA

View Full Version : So has pvp hit an official down fall?

Jespo
01-14-2012, 08:55 PM
Ok so a few people know me and a few don't. If you know me then you are aware that I'm not on as much as I used to be. I had lost interest in PL for a while. Thinking about it a while back I decided to get into pvp. I started making a dex-bear under the name of "mysecretalt". I put the finishing touches on him today and locked his xp at 40.

So I think I have a pretty good build and I join my first pvp match in a pretty long time. It has completely changed from when lv19 twinks were in..

My first PvP match went like this: 2v3 I'm on the 2 side.
So me and the bird go toward the three and I'm smiling expecting to win and the bird runs backwards and I get ganged by all 3 -.-
The only thing the bird on my team said is "his secret alt sucks".

I stayed in the room and told myself "ok maybe the bird didn't mean to". I then see the bird sitting next to the people on the other team. Shortly after that everyone in the room charges me and of course I'm dead and my team mate isn't..

This isn't the only situation I got into though. I left that room and figured ok maybe it's just that room I'll find a better one. I join a CTF game 3v3. I'm thinking yes this is the one. No. Some guy just stayed in our spawn killing everyone.

Now I know there really isn't much that anyone can do about this and im pretty sure that this isn't the first time it has been posted on the forums but wow. This is what the PvP/CTF community has come to... I miss the good ol' lv19 days even though there weren't many equips then the games were so much fun compared to this.

Excuse my rant everyone just thought I'd say how I personally feel about this.

-Jesus

Epic Unicorns!
01-14-2012, 08:57 PM
That is why I am careful with FFA and random matches ...I get teamed.

Swimmingstar
01-14-2012, 08:57 PM
Try forest fight.

Jespo
01-14-2012, 09:05 PM
Does the map really matter that much now?

Otukura
01-14-2012, 09:10 PM
Does the map really matter that much now?

Yup. Forest fight is all 1-1s and complainers(if they lose). Forest Manor = rushers, while some people try to 1-1. Any other map is rush rush rush.

Jespo
01-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Yup. Forest fight is all 1-1s and complainers(if they lose). Forest Manor = rushers, while some people try to 1-1. Any other map is rush rush rush.

Ahh I see. I spent all this time on that twink and I just kind of decided to quit pvp. It's not the same. I went into 2 other rooms and just got destroyed again -.-

OvigorothO
01-14-2012, 09:22 PM
I you like lvl 19 so much then go bck? Lol

Jespo
01-14-2012, 09:42 PM
A lv19 would get destroyed by anything now.

Piosidon
01-14-2012, 09:43 PM
Try 51-56 pvp, lots of teaming against rushers. And a significant decrease on rushing and spawning

Swords
01-14-2012, 10:05 PM
The most rush is lvl 35-45

CodyBearr
01-14-2012, 10:15 PM
I can only pvp with friends... Every game u join random is rushers and double team be4 u can say "hi is it 1v1" lol

I remember watching a twink getting new players in Forrest haven to pvp him so he could get more kills so I joined on mine and killed him haha :) but yeah it was lame what he did and so many do... Pvp is a friend Vs friend thing for sure & lock your game :-)

Walkhardd
01-14-2012, 10:17 PM
Make a 51. Name it funkyjespo. :)

Jespo
01-14-2012, 10:57 PM
Make a 51. Name it funkyjespo. :)

I lol'd but thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I'll find a way through all these little things I run into in PvP.

If thou' not can beat the spawn killers or gangers, thou' must becom a spawn killer or a ganger...
*shifty eyes*

javier995
01-14-2012, 11:28 PM
If thou' not can beat the spawn killers or gangers, thou' must becom a spawn killer or a ganger...
*shifty eyes*

Thou' shall only kill (that way) those whom spawned and rushed thee. Thou' shall not kill innocent pvpers, for that shall bring forth bad karma.

XghostzX
01-15-2012, 12:18 AM
This is why I eventually took the time to make an alt. I only PvP end game when I see tournaments, friends invite me to large CTF games or any just to hang out with friends.

Sapient
01-15-2012, 02:38 AM
As with any PUG match in MMO's, they usually suck.

Key is to PvP in private matches with other similar leveled friends. You might have to do your fair share of PUG torture to find that 1 in 100 player, FRIEND THEM >.>..

Ixillicus
01-15-2012, 09:17 AM
PUGs can be fun... you just have to know what you're getting in to. If you expect them to rush or team you, lead them around the map and then jump-off. Counter their bad behavior with your own annoying and bad behavior. It can be amusing.

ninjaduck
01-15-2012, 09:24 AM
I like PUGS alot, sometimes the players are unexperienced, and ungeared, yet they fight with almost the same style as the better players do. Its the same with PvE, people who are considered "noobs" are fantastic at teamwork: mages heal, tanks tank etc..

Moral: Dont judge somebodys skill by looking at their gear :D

Jespo
01-15-2012, 10:51 AM
Honestly because I don't have any PvP friends I like PUGs but it seems like its a PUG for my team, the other team is usually built to the max.

Jugernugett
01-15-2012, 11:20 AM
Downfall?!

XghostzX
01-15-2012, 12:07 PM
Honestly because I don't have any PvP friends I like PUGs but it seems like its a PUG for my team, the other team is usually built to the max.

Jespo! I thought were friends :(

Jespo
01-15-2012, 12:11 PM
Jespo! I thought were friends :(

woah woah. Your one whos near the TOP of my friends.

XghostzX
01-15-2012, 12:19 PM
woah woah. Your one whos near the TOP of my friends.

Yes! Good :)

Anyways on topic, PvP isn't always the best because of the people around you. That's why finding good friends you can trust make the game better and enjoyable. Let's take Jespo for example. We're good friends so I'll gladly ask Jespo if he wants to PvP with me. Now if somebody rushes me, they have to go through both of us. :D

Junside
01-15-2012, 12:19 PM
Sometime after BS the new generation thought they'd be "hot stuff" by rushing and teaming. Their only driving will is their stats. People like you and me, we're not about wins and losses, but an honorable match. Most people who came in from like, mid 2011 till now don't know crap about honor. And the worst part is they blatantly see it as something we don't need. So I assume they simply want mindless cavemen style fighting. Unfortunately, I have enough class to respect my opponent before we even clash or communicate. My driving force isn't an easy kill. I want challenge. Noobs want easy kills to build their stats. Pfft... Pitiful.

XghostzX
01-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Sometime after BS the new generation thought they'd be "hot stuff" by rushing and teaming. Their only driving will is their stats. People like you and me, we're not about wins and losses, but an honorable match. Most people who came in from like, mid 2011 till now don't know crap about honor. And the worst part is they blatantly see it as something we don't need. So I assume they simply want mindless cavemen style fighting. Unfortunately, I have enough class to respect my opponent before we even clash or communicate. My driving force isn't an easy kill. I want challenge. Noobs want easy kills to build their stats. Pfft... Pitiful.

Long time junside, well said.

Sorry for the double post, having some trouble on my ipod.

Junside
01-15-2012, 12:38 PM
I'm guessing this is how people are doing things now.

I 'rush' in SL because its easy to get kills this way.
I think the term 'rushing' is incorrectly used in PL/SL.

Kudos to you for stopping the "ready set go" crap :D

"Easy kill"(stat driven, no challenge, might think their skills are superior simply because they won.)

"I think the term 'rushing' is incorrectly used" (may be trying to change our fighting ways to stone age delinquent combat.)

And that last one really hurt. The "go" thing is something , if I'm not mistaken, has been around for a very long time. This is how players are these days. No shame.

I cleared out the original quote because I'd avoid an argument of any sort, but this was the perfect example. I've never actually fought the player I quote from, so I cannot speak for their skill, but I disregard it... no contest in my oldie book.

Jespo
01-15-2012, 12:38 PM

Been a while since i seen you around jun. very well said though, I couldnt agree more.

Yes! Good :)

Anyways on topic, PvP isn't always the best because of the people around you. That's why finding good friends you can trust make the game better and enjoyable. Let's take Jespo for example. We're good friends so I'll gladly ask Jespo if he wants to PvP with me. Now if somebody rushes me, they have to go through both of us. :D

Suweet! lol

AbsolutePally
01-15-2012, 03:15 PM
I am pretty much down with anything I encounter in pvp. It is all fun to me. If you wanna 1/1 go style I can roll with that, if it is ffa I am adept there as well as that is how I learned to play. I dont mind rushers at all, in fact I welcome it. I'll destroy you if you slio up and give me a chance to go ape bananas on you. Teaming is fine too. Go ahead pay the ultimate disrespect and compliment to me. Ill stay and fight, and when I win 1/2 2/3 1/3 all the better, if I lose big deal? Just let it be known you will be killed by me and my friends more specifically my guild. pretty sure no one wants Revelation after you.
Muahaha!
Enters code "Power Overwhelming" and head explodes.

Walkhardd
01-15-2012, 03:24 PM
I am pretty much down with anything I encounter in pvp. It is all fun to me. If you wanna 1/1 go style I can roll with that, if it is ffa I am adept there as well as that is how I learned to play. I dont mind rushers at all, in fact I welcome it. I'll destroy you if you slio up and give me a chance to go ape bananas on you. Teaming is fine too. Go ahead pay the ultimate disrespect and compliment to me. Ill stay and fight, and when I win 1/2 2/3 1/3 all the better, if I lose big deal? Just let it be known you will be killed by me and my friends more specifically my guild. pretty sure no one wants Revelation after you.
Muahaha!
Enters code "Power Overwhelming" and head explodes.

Haha.I feel the same way..in fact, I enjoy getting rushed. :)

crestmage
01-15-2012, 08:10 PM
PVP is getting worser and worser. I might also seriously considering leaving the PVP realm too.
Check my thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?47889-Going-All-Out-FFA!!!

AbsolutePally
01-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Worser and worser...

plmafiaboss
01-15-2012, 10:35 PM
The most rush is lvl 35-45i disagree. In level ten to sixteen pvp everyone basically rushes xD

plmafiaboss
01-15-2012, 10:37 PM
What's a PUG

Jespo
01-15-2012, 11:35 PM
What's a PUG

Pick up game. Like when you join a match and everyone just joins a random team. At least this is the definition I know of.

Elyseon
01-15-2012, 11:43 PM
The key is gaining rep, dont just assume its ffa, make friends with twinks that can back u up

pahud
01-17-2012, 02:49 AM
Hey jesp long time no see. =)

Just to make things clear, Rushing now= FFA one year ago. I dont know who invented one on ones. -_-

And to answer your question, yes, pvp HAS hit a downfall. Does that mean we can't change it back? No. TBH ever since GCD, pvp has slowed a bit, alot of the oldies have left, new gen has basically taken over. But youll still find some of em oldies scattered here and there. =] The ones who dont have to rush to get kills.

And um just say the word and im EASILY prepared to make a level 40 bird if you need any help at all. Like Ely said, good to have some back up.