PDA

View Full Version : Mage Crit and AO3 Victory Lap

Bilaxman
01-15-2012, 02:43 AM
Hello fellow players!

I want to discuss some things I have been noticing...

I have been hearing people complain about mage crit... that it is way too high and mages over rely on it. Myself, being a mage, I would say I do rely on my high crit. I have a normal crit of 40 and when I buff up I have a crit of 100. For those PvP players out there, this high crit is a huge advantage for mages (and a enormous disadvantage for bears and birds). I can completely agree why people complain about it, as the dex sets don't have a high crit (from what I have heard about the dex sets; I am not 100% sure of the accuracy of this information; I am also unaware of the crit of the str set). The main reason I play Pocket Legends is for PvE, not PvP. I despise PvP due to my horrible experiences (which I won't elaborate in this post).

I would like to suggest the normal crit of a mage (In PvE) be the same before the bug came, as I dislike playing without buffs. To make PvP more even, I suggest the crit be lowered somehow so the playing field is balanced (meaning buffs won't be as potent).

Below is a picture of my PL character as of January 14, 2012. Hopefully I attached it correctly....

The first thing that may come to your attention is the insane amount of deaths I have in each area (It is a lot). I am the type of player who likes to lead the pack... even though I am a mage (Not the best thing to do... I know). Besides that I really enjoy having a high crit and I would like the +60 crit for 20 seconds to stay there at least for PvE.

It doesn't make sense (at least to me) when people say mages over rely on these buffs. Having a high crit kills the monsters faster... is that a bad thing? I am capable of killing the monsters without buffs, but it takes more time (why would I waste time if the buff really helps speed things up?). I can see others who want to get more kills get frustrated, but is it so important to have a good kill/death ratio? For some I can see them saying yes, but to be on the leader boards you have to have a few hundred thousand kills and very little amount of deaths. To me, achieving this would be impossible (for others, maybe not). I feel in general most people are not aspiring to this, so correct me if I am wrong.

---
Now, I have some things to say about AO3 Victory Lap.

Since I have become a level 66, I am playing this round more often. Every time I clear this stage with others, there is always one enemy left over. I have spent multiple rounds looking for this last enemy and have been unsuccessful. Is this happening to you? I believe there is a bug in this level (Please excuse me if the devs know this already).

This thread has been made to express my thoughts. My intent was not to anger others. I respect the thoughts of other players and I would like to hear comments about this post.

Thank you for taking your time to read this post,
Bilaxman

Sapient
01-15-2012, 02:47 AM
You might as well smash a mages legs and put him/her in a wheelchair. Mages only advantage was it's buffs. Without them, the class is totally nerfed.

Ixillicus
01-15-2012, 09:20 AM
You might as well smash a mages legs and put him/her in a wheelchair.

Possibly the most politically incorrect thing I have read on the STS forums. lol

Whirlzap
01-15-2012, 10:47 AM
I actually agree.
Mages, ESPECIALLY the staff ones on Pure INT, which is the recommended Mage Build since the start of the game( You start with a staff and Highest Stat Points in INT as a new mage), SURVIVE purely on their buffs.
Mage's gear before Fang was really horrible compared to the Bird/Bear gear.
Bird has crit, dodge and high DPS. Bear has high dodge and armor.
Both of these were made to survive the dungeons, to either destroy or tank and win.
But mage, was made for SUPPORT. Support means with a team, with you only healing or buffing, not killing.
However, the mage in this game is not always support, and is usually not support.
Since the mage was built for support, or the hybrid "nuke", then it's easy to say that mage would be underbalanced without Blessing of Vitality and Blessing of Might.
May I include Mana Shield?
Mana Shield is less useful, because Birds can simply blast it and Bears can wipe all your mana if they catch you in their BeckonStomp combo, which renders a mage useless; a mage with no mana is a dead mage.
So, it is best to allow mage's buffs at the same velocity as in PvE, but with perhaps a decrease of stats if you HAVE TO, in PvP.
I can see the reason, as of Pure INT Wand Sets being OP this update.
I can also see that Pure INT Staff Sets could also be OP, seeing as I wiped out many warbirds/bears with easy two-hit kills.

Bilaxman
01-19-2012, 07:12 PM
I appreciate your comments. I am glad they fixed the mage buffs! :)

Bilaxman