PDA

View Full Version : Android and Galaxy S2 SUCK for PL!!!!! iPhone 4S FTMFW!!!!

IanJones
01-15-2012, 10:33 AM
My wife and I personally own iPhone 4S's and PL runs amazing on those and the screen is bright and has good colors and always runs smooth but is a bit small. She also has the first iPad and the game runs great on there as well but it is really big to hold and thankfully I have giant hands. PL has never crashed or froze up on an of my Apple devices, NOT ONCE.

As for the Droid, the app crashes at least once or twice an hour. My wife's company just got the Samsung Galaxy S2's for their work phones and the screen is big so I play on it sometimes (saves my iPhones battery as well). It'll freeze up sometimes during a battle because too much is going on and then you'll have to close the app from the task manager and restart the app. If you push the potions or skills too quickly, it'll crash the app. Granted the screen is great, but when the phone causes me to die often because it freezes, crashes, or responds poorly to my fingers than I get pissed. The S2 just came out so you'd think it would be better. Another thing is that the phone won't charge while you play, the battery will just diminish slower. The iPhone will actually charge while playing plugged in.

The iOS5 from Apple runs PL the best by far but I wish their next phone will have a 4-4.25 inch screen or they'll come out with a 6-7" iPad/tablet.

Ardon
01-15-2012, 10:36 AM
Lol Rly?

Inb4 the flame war/lock

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

joeythewise
01-15-2012, 10:55 AM
i have a htc rezound and thunderbolt they run fine slight color differences but thats because of the rezounds top of the line screen ive heard tons of problems from galaxy users anyone know what processors they run? i only use qualcomm snapdragon processors

Epic Unicorns!
01-15-2012, 11:02 AM
My DROIDX is perfectly fine, and so is my third gen iPod ^_^

Darkfader
01-15-2012, 11:04 AM
It's not androids fault and it's not galaxy s2 always. I been now running pl on galaxy s2 three weeks daily.playing and not experienced even single crash or freeze.

Situation is bad at the moment because seems devs galaxy s2 is working normally so they can't produce solution for this bug.

razerfingers
01-15-2012, 11:36 AM
I use HTC Evo 3-D i expirience the app freeze and having to exit go to task manager kill it then restart the app or let myself disconnect but my phone can charge while i play when its plugged in so not all android devices have those problems and im runing the newest android OS and such so? I dunno how apple does it lol

kallima
01-15-2012, 11:42 AM
I use Droid3, Sansumg Galaxy tab, Motorola Xoom and all work fine. PL has never crashed on any of those devices. I retired my iPad as soon as I got the tab and never looked back.

I don't know what is causing your issue but doubt it's the device.

Miner
01-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app - that could do the trick.

Darkfader
01-15-2012, 01:10 PM
I use Droid3, Sansumg Galaxy tab, Motorola Xoom and all work fine. PL has never crashed on any of those devices. I retired my iPad as soon as I got the tab and never looked back.

I don't know what is causing your issue but doubt it's the device.

It is the device and confirmed by many users and devs.

kallima
01-15-2012, 01:23 PM
But if the dev's device is working as you stated in previous post and yours has not experienced crash, I'm confused. You have same device, no?

Moogerfooger
01-15-2012, 01:49 PM
Lol Rly?

Inb4 the flame war/lock

Pointless. The "in before the lock" posts have always been annoying, and the devs have actually said they are a form or trolling/spamming and frowned upon.

Who are you to say poster is not having a legit issue with his specific device?

Darkfader
01-15-2012, 02:40 PM
But if the dev's device is working as you stated in previous post and yours has not experienced crash, I'm confused. You have same device, no?

I do have same device and mine isn't crashing. Here is more info about this issue.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?38783-Own-a-Samsung-Galaxy-S-II-Read-this!

Ardon
01-15-2012, 03:20 PM
Pointless. The "in before the lock" posts have always been annoying, and the devs have actually said they are a form or trolling/spamming and frowned upon.

Look at the thread title.
Maybe he is having a legit issue.
But the way he started it and presented it does not show that e even is willing to find out about it.
Instead he goes off saying that those for phones suck an that iOS is better. Also, FTMFW, c'mon that just shows that he wasn't even willing to look up possible fixes or anything.

"Inb4 the lock," it bothers you and is frowned upon. Maybe sometimes its used to troll. And other times its to shut a troll threads down.

I saw this as just another android/apple bashing thread.

Ebalere
01-15-2012, 03:23 PM

JustG says IBTL alll the time..

Also, despite the poster having legitimate issues with HIS one Android, this is clearly an Apple>Android thread which always ends in flames. This debate will forever start arguements due to Android getting SL first, Apple getting PL first, all the "this works on Android but not Apple" complaints and vice versa...

Back on topic, It's a Galaxy SII issue. Has to do with the sound driver for non-american versions of the phone. Thread starter, where are you from?

This is the only device I know of that can be actually blamed for not running PL/SL properly. The rest are either too dated and don't meet requirements, such as the HTC wildfire (plays, but horribly choppy), or it's something that can be rectified with a cache clear, closing background programs, etc..

Battlelock
01-15-2012, 03:39 PM

JustG says IBTL alll the time..

Also, despite the poster having legitimate issues with HIS one Android, this is clearly an Apple>Android thread which always ends in flames. This debate will forever start arguements due to Android getting SL first, Apple getting PL first, all the "this works on Android but not Apple" complaints and vice versa...

Back on topic, It's a Galaxy SII issue. Has to do with the sound driver for non-american versions of the phone. Thread starter, where are you from?

This is the only device I know of that can be actually blamed for not running PL/SL properly. The rest are either too dated and don't meet requirements, such as the HTC wildfire (plays, but horribly choppy), or it's something that can be rectified with a cache clear, closing background programs, etc..
Not actually true. PL isn't great on Droid Razr or Galaxy Nexus either. Very choppy on both when you get into lots of colors & movement on screen.
I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the processors. T.I. OMAP 4430 In Razr & 4460 in Nexus.
I previously played on my Droid X and loved it with no problem & its a much more inferior phone.
But as far as OP states "Android" being a problem, I'd have to disagree. It is the OS in 75% of smart phones. Its more to do with hardware issues.

Moogerfooger
01-15-2012, 04:17 PM
Look at the thread title.
Maybe he is having a legit issue.
But the way he started it and presented it does not show that e even is willing to find out about it.
Instead he goes off saying that those for phones suck an that iOS is better. Also, FTMFW, c'mon that just shows that he wasn't even willing to look up possible fixes or anything.

"Inb4 the lock," it bothers you and is frowned upon. Maybe sometimes its used to troll. And other times its to shut a troll threads down.

I saw this as just another android/apple bashing thread.

Oh, so you're the expert on how to approach/post a topic? I will be sure to run everything by you from now on.

Ebalere
01-15-2012, 04:20 PM
Not actually true. PL isn't great on Droid Razr or Galaxy Nexus either. Very choppy on both when you get into lots of colors & movement on screen.
I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the processors. T.I. OMAP 4430 In Razr & 4460 in Nexus.
I previously played on my Droid X and loved it with no problem & its a much more inferior phone.
But as far as OP states "Android" being a problem, I'd have to disagree. It is the OS in 75% of smart phones. Its more to do with hardware issues.

Thanks for clarifying. I did mention system requirements being the major reason, and I'd call the processor part of the requirements, although it's more of an incompatibility than a failed requirement, Like you say. I just didn't like the tone of the OP, and found the title offensive to Android users.

I have been playing hard on my HTC Desire Z since I started PL, and have never had any issues, ever. My phone charges while playing, unless my power source is weak, like through my playstation, and I have an iPod Touch 4th gen right here for direct comparison, and my major issues are the small screen on the iPod, as well as the touch screen is very cumbersome compared to my HTC.

It takes literally no effort to liquidate 400 junk items on my HTC, whereas on my iPod I'm constantly misclicking, or not clicking hard enough, or my hands aren't dry enough, etc... I have to use the VERY tip of my finger to properly click something. This iPod has about 4 hours total usage on it, and my 3rd gen was the same, so maybe it's just me, but I can stand to play SL on my iPod for ten minutes maximum before I get annoyed and switch back to my trusty Desire. Hard keyboard too :)

So, as you can see, it's all preference. No need for a "ANDROID SUCKZ APPLE RULEZ FTMFW" kinda thread, imo.

Battlelock
01-15-2012, 04:28 PM
@Ebalere. I agree with you on the OP.

Ardon
01-15-2012, 04:29 PM
Oh, so you're the expert on how to approach/post a topic? I will be sure to run everything by you from now on.

I never said I was.
Just stating how I saw it.

Samhayne
01-15-2012, 05:16 PM
While we can appreciate your fervor for your favorite device, there is no need to insult those who use others. I'd remind you of our Forum Rules: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

1. Please Respect Others.
The purpose of the forum is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas. Occasionally, conflicts may arise when people voice opinions. Be courteous when disagreeing with others. Debating the opinion is appropriate, however criticism against the originator of the opinion is not allowed. Disrespect can be construed as flaming, trolling, harassing, profanity, abusive language or abbreviations, personal attacks, racial, religious, ethnic, sexual slurs, or similar behavior/language.
Flaming is defined as posts which are designed to personally berate or insult another.

Trolling is defined as deliberately posting derogatory, inflammatory comments/threads in order to bait other users into responding. Trolling or accusing someone of being a troll is also a form of trolling and is not permitted.

Posts similar to “Moderator Notified” or “Needs thread lock” are discouraged, as these types of posts are a form of trolling. If a thread is in violation of the forum rules, use the notify moderator button or send a private message to a moderator or administrator directly.

Personal attacks include, but are not limited to insulting a poster directly:

Example: “You are stupid, you suck, and you should [censored].”
The above are a just few examples of behavior that is not tolerated on the forums. Basically, play nice and get along. Thanks!

Thread closed.