PDA

View Full Version : How to quit this game?

David Wang
01-15-2012, 04:56 PM
I have been playing PL for a while now and i am very addicted. Every morning once i woke up i ran to grab my Ipad to continue playing. I know this game is great but I know the best not to play all day. So can you write down some tips to reduce the time playing? HELP!!

Ardon
01-15-2012, 05:04 PM
Find a hobby. Exercise. Hang out with friends. Anything that keeps your mind off of it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Conradin
01-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Well theres a lot of different ways, including quitting cold turkey. However if you addicted thats not always easy. Try an app that allows you to block the internet or only allows a limited amount of game time on the ipad. Heres an example http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/game-time-limit-for-parents/id387692114?mt=8 however you need two people for this to work. another way is to have somebody you trust keep the ipad away from you for a week- and after that you'll be fine.

WoundedEagle
01-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Idk I can't do it lol. I rage quit, go to sleep and log on the next day.

blox
01-15-2012, 05:16 PM
how about instead of playing pl
go to forums and read about pl or go outside and play for 60? hang out with friends? do homework? study,tv, anything u like that takes off the mind of pl

Nick41324
01-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Hammers are bought at the Hardware store.

TANKKAAR
01-15-2012, 05:24 PM
Just set priorities in your life... RL (real life) should always come before virtual reality....

Also, if you have that much of an addictive personality there are probably more dangerous things in life you should stay far far away from... Just something to keep in mind :)

David Wang
01-15-2012, 05:24 PM
Hmmmm... Thx i will stop playing for like 1 week and see how it goes.

adidaman
01-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Join the Pocket Legends Addiction support group. They implement a 6-week plan to get you off the game, cold turkey.

Artemis
01-15-2012, 05:35 PM
Get a Girlfriend.

kallima
01-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Make the game quit you! Get BANNED! :p

WoundedEagle
01-15-2012, 05:48 PM
Get a Girlfriend.

You say it like every girl is normal lol...

uwantaides
01-15-2012, 05:56 PM
A great way to stop playing pl is to start playing sl! Lol (fixing a problem by starting another problem) =)

Ayc2000
01-15-2012, 06:10 PM
Subscribing to this thread now...
One way to quit is to give your account to a hacker. Guaranteed to keep you away :)

Paar
01-15-2012, 07:13 PM
Delete all data then see if you to lazy to redo the game over again.

RedRyder
01-15-2012, 07:15 PM
I've "quit" at least 3 times. Don't say you'll never come back though. if you do, otukura will find that thread, no matter how old it is, and rub it up your nostrils till it fondles your brain :p just take breaks. After coming back from each break you'll feel more accustomed to putting the game down when you feel you need to. Unless you have a really bad experience, get frustrated with the slow/fast pase of updates, or your real life issues or activities prevent you from playing, there's really no way to quit :p

Unless you get yourself permanently banned

WhoIsThis
01-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Just stop for a day. Then start playing a day. Then stop for two. Eventually, you'll get accustomed to it.

Appleisaac
01-15-2012, 07:20 PM
Get a Girlfriend.

Tried! And failed... :-(

Jugernugett
01-15-2012, 07:27 PM
Idk I can't do it lol. I rage quit, go to sleep and log on the next day. lmao!!! Same here.... I think sts way too good>.< lol I'm addicted too xD

Hankomachos
01-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Think of it like being in the mob: once you're in, there's no way out. ;)

Idk I can't do it lol. I rage quit, go to sleep and log on the next day.
It's because you knew you'd miss my random Pms to much. Yep. :)

NECROREAPER
01-15-2012, 07:39 PM
"I thought I was out, but they pulled me back in"

TruePlayer
01-15-2012, 08:08 PM
Get a hammer and start beating your ipad iphone android system with it :). Will quit for sure after that.

AbsolutePally
01-15-2012, 08:16 PM
Got to this thread just to see Trueplayers posts, since I always get a kick out of his amazingly on point perfectly executed posts.
And to say the least. Im disappointed.

StompArtist
01-15-2012, 08:40 PM
If your playing interferes with you being happy in rl you may want to seek professional help... addiction is not something to overlook. Good luck.

Piosidon
01-15-2012, 08:50 PM
Email devs to ban you for a couple of days.

Bunnyshoota
01-15-2012, 09:00 PM
You can:*

Throw it down a cliff
Flush down a toilet
Drop off a building
Take a swim with it
Take a shower with it
Go to the sauna with it
Give it to a stranger
Take it to Russia and have them blow it up for you
Sell it
Attack it with a club or baseball bat
Attempt to eat it
Douse in gasoline and set to fire
Try to find an organization that helps gamers quit (like smoke quiting helping organization thingys)
Bury it and then forget

* Please note these are mostly for helping you quit long term or permanently

Hope I helped!

Blind
01-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Email devs to ban you for a couple of days.
Doesn't work.

Gaddy
01-15-2012, 09:34 PM
Try using gaming time as a reward for other accomplishments.

Try ONLY playing PL at a certain time during the day, and for a limited amount of time -an hour or two at most?

Try setting specific goals for each gaming session, and logging off when you accomplish the day's goal.

Try telling your parents that you are trying to limit your game playing time. My guess it that they will be HAPPY to oblige you...

Try "paying" yourself to NOT play. Every time you get the urge to play, or if you play, you put a quarter (dollar?) into the piggy bank. you'll soon find that you've got some money in there! Then you have to NOT play to get your money back...

There are many little tricks you can use to help your self control, but the key is TO GAIN SOME SELF CONTROL, and then you won't have a "problem".

Addiction can be a serious problem. Addiction to something small and harmless like a game can be an indicator of susceptibility to even more dangerously addictive behaviors in the future.

Best of luck...
GIMBOID
aka the DEVIL DUCK

crestmage
01-16-2012, 12:09 AM
Hammers are bought at the Hardware store.

Lol yes and the retail store selling nokia N2s r next door too... :concern:
Seriously, just leave ur ipad at home when u go out, and play it only when ur home. If not just give it away. :)

vulgarstrike
01-16-2012, 12:10 AM
Get banned.

Pakax
01-16-2012, 08:36 AM
Perhaps we should create a guild called "PL Anonymous" for people who want to quit. Then everytime we see one guildie online, we would just shout at them.

Fyrce
01-16-2012, 12:30 PM
The easiest way is to take breaks. The first break is the hardest. After you discover that PL is easy to pick up again, you'll take more breaks.

The easiest way to take breaks is to spend physical time with the people you like -- such as watching footballs games (yawn), going out to dinner, cooking a meal, going to a movie -- doing the things you like to do -- sitting around drinking coffee in a foggy morning, digging in the garden, riding your bike, walking your dog. Before you know it, a day or a half day has gone by and you haven't even touched PL. You get used to breaks after a while.