PDA

View Full Version : Who Took My Name???

CodyBearr
01-15-2012, 08:44 PM
So I wrote support about this a few days ago but I think I just got ninja'ed and hoping for fourm help aswell as dev help :-)... What happen is I made the char codythemage & I didn't like a few things I did (stats and skill points plus about 3 deaths) so I decided to delete and remake rather then spend plat I don't have on skill reset and stat reset & deal with deaths, so when I went to make it right after I deleted it, it said name taken... So I waited and Tried again, and again..... And again but same reply even days later that it was taken sooooo I'm making this thread hoping it isn't and there is just an error and i can get my name or someone here has it and would give it up to me which would be super super nice
Here are my char's names
CodyBearr
CodyTheBear
CodyTheBird
CodyTheReaper
CodyTheTwink
& stankylecartm
As you can see by my other names but stankylecartm lol it was my name at one point and I just want it back

Thanks

Blind
01-15-2012, 09:01 PM
You can't accuse someone of stealing your name. If they took it before you that means it's their name now. No matter how unique it is.

I know someone who took Kanital's name when SL came out. Well the real Kanital couldn't do anything about it.

I remember Samhayne posted back then that names don't belong to anybody.

The only way now to secure your name for Dark Legends now is to reserve it by paying 50 plat when the option is avaliable closer to release.

NECROREAPER
01-15-2012, 09:40 PM
^^^ or however much name reservation will cost, may not necessarily be 50 plat again.

And yes, you're basically out of luck unfortunately, and everything is in the hands of the devs at this point.
Besides, there's nothing the community can do for you aisde from give you support or the stark reality that you should take this as a lesson learned, and I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Delphina
01-15-2012, 09:46 PM
CodyBearr, Did you delete the character and then immediately try to create the new character with the same name?

CodyBearr
01-15-2012, 10:04 PM
CodyBearr, Did you delete the character and then immediately try to create the new character with the same name?

@Delphina Yes, I made the character and then deleted it and tried to remake right away and it gave me the same message it gives me now that the name is taken

To others I never said someone stole my name or that I'm angry lol I'm just a bit confused because I had the char and deleted and tried to make it again and I haven't gotten it back

Ebalere
01-15-2012, 10:06 PM
How do I unthank someone thru tapatalk.. I accidentally thanked Delphina lol

CodyBearr
01-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Only fourm help I was looking for is if someone on here knew who has it now and I could talk to them about it in a nice way and atleast ask if I could have it or give them something for it
Oh and it's not my mains name so I don't worry about the DL thing :-)

CodyBearr
01-15-2012, 10:09 PM
codybearr, did you delete the character and then immediately try to create the new character with the same name?

i went to make it right after i deleted it, it said name taken..

ninja'd!!!

Same thing I said but what's the chances at that moment and that name lol I'm pretty shocked

Delphina
01-15-2012, 10:11 PM
I removed it for you...

Delphina
01-15-2012, 10:13 PM
@Delphina Yes, I made the character and then deleted it and tried to remake right away and it gave me the same message it gives me now that the name is taken

To others I never said someone stole my name or that I'm angry lol I'm just a bit confused because I had the char and deleted and tried to make it again and I haven't gotten it back

Ok Codybearr, I'll include this post in my reporting. I couldn't image someone taking that characters name that quick. You never know though.

Artemis
01-15-2012, 10:13 PM
^^LMAO! Ouchhh

Edit: Delph Ninjad me -.- Was referring to the one before the one above me

Urqui
01-15-2012, 10:14 PM

Why would you want to unthank Delphina, She's awesome!:P
I sent a friend request to codythemage & it does exist, so it seems somebody really liked you name:(

Jugernugett
01-15-2012, 10:32 PM
It might not seem really..but I guess I stole someone's name lol. I was gonan be jugernuggeteer but name was taken so I used jugernuget

Beanmachine
01-15-2012, 10:35 PM
Sorry for you lose:/ What are the chances of being ninja'd for a name after deleting it.

CodyBearr
01-15-2012, 10:37 PM
Thank you delphina
tread closed but if anyone knows the person in game that has this name please PM me :)

Thanks

Delphina
01-15-2012, 10:49 PM
I'll close this thread at the request of the OP.