PDA

View Full Version : AL on a Smart TV

Snowdager
02-27-2020, 03:46 PM
I attempted to play AL on my Samsung smart TV and discovered it was possible via a web browser. The only problem is I can’t walk around lol. Can we get a joystick option for the Browser version? I’m aware I’m probably the only one in all of Arlor trying to play AL on a smart TV but the joystick would also be a good feature for people with touch screen laptops.

Snowdager
02-27-2020, 03:48 PM
I realize now this is more of a suggestion than a bug since AL really isn’t made for TVs...

Futumsh
02-27-2020, 04:52 PM
Browser gamepad support is rather terrible, so this isn't very likely to happen.

Chronox
02-27-2020, 05:35 PM
Ive played on smart tv before but i linked it from my computer and was able to move from my computer. So its like im moving and using skills from pc (cuz ik where all the keys are) but looking at wide screen [emoji1787]
My pc is touch screen so it was much fun
Sent from my SM-M105M using Tapatalk

Snowdager
02-27-2020, 05:56 PM
Browser gamepad support is rather terrible, so this isn't very likely to happen.

Couldn’t it be added as an option in settings? For people with touch screen laptops and crazy people who want to play on their TV? ;p

Futumsh
02-27-2020, 06:19 PM
Sorry, but no.

Retrofitting the ui to work with controller only is way too much work unless we're doing a console port, and people that want to use a controller for movement but also a touchscreen at the same time is such a small portion of the playerbase that the time can certainly be better spent elsewhere.

Mitsooos
03-01-2020, 04:50 AM
Is it possible to bring arcane legends to Apple TV 4K?

Futumsh
03-01-2020, 12:53 PM
Is it possible to bring arcane legends to Apple TV 4K?

You can play it on an ios device and airplay to apple tv, but I don't expect we'll be adding controller support for the entire ui of the game unless for some reason we decide to do a console port, and we certainly won't be making it playable with the apple tv remote.

Mitsooos
03-05-2020, 04:31 PM
This you say is above mirroring .
I have played other game with real AirPlay.
When the game supports AirPlay your device sends the game only to Apple TV and live the controls on iPhone or iPad screen.
And they support controllers too .
I’m using steel series controller 2-3 years now. It most like a Xbox controller.
I guess it can be work with not all the appropriate moves but the basic only (somehow people don’t expect from this to do all moves)
I’m not game developer and I don’t know the limitations.
I believe some things can be happen, only needs someone to believe and someone who really wants.
Ty:)