PDA

View Full Version : Two accounts? Question for devs or moderators

Appleisaac
01-16-2012, 09:50 PM
Is it against policy to use an unregistered account as well as a registered one? I want to try out pvp combos, but I can't log in on the same account on two different devices.

Silentarrow
01-16-2012, 09:51 PM
There is nothing wrong with it :).

Conradin
01-16-2012, 09:51 PM
Well its not generally illegal two have two accounts right? and remember if its not hurting anyone does it really matter? At least i don't think so. You can always check the Tos.

ThePvpTwink
01-16-2012, 10:24 PM
Nothing wrong with multiple acc. I have 3 lol.

Darkfader
01-16-2012, 10:30 PM
As others said, and I won't remember seen word about this in tos. Also game have quickslots for four accounts so I think it's allowed.

Conradin
01-16-2012, 10:32 PM
As others said, and I won't remember seen word about this in tos. Also game have quickslots for four accounts so I think it's allowed.

Yea- didnt think of that. Well i guess im ok with 3 then :)

Sapient
01-16-2012, 11:09 PM
It is only against the ToS once the two accounts interact with each other, which is impossible on one device. Example is if you have one account open on chrome and the other on your device, then trade your other account a bunch of gold and potions, that is against the ToS.

Appleisaac
01-16-2012, 11:11 PM
It is only against the ToS once the two accounts interact with each other, which is impossible on one device. Example is if you have one account open on chrome and the other on your device, then trade your other account a bunch of gold and potions, that is against the ToS.

:-/ can they pvp? This is what I want them to do...

Silentarrow
01-16-2012, 11:22 PM

Sadly not "legally", sharing accounts breaks the ToS... Unless you verse yourself which is nigh impossible :(.

Sapient
01-16-2012, 11:29 PM

No because some players have exploited the system by kill farming in pvp by using several accounts. You may have the best intentions while doing it, but STS has no way to tell what your intentions are through all the paperwork and data.

Appleisaac
01-16-2012, 11:41 PM
Ugh... So I can't test out combos on a fake account? There should be a pvp dummy for this if they don't let you make a toon for testing combos... :-(

Kaytar
01-17-2012, 12:33 AM
i've power leveled myself and traded some stuff. I don't see why this would be against TOS its not hurting anyone whatsoever

If ur curious the stuff was level 2 wand for him :p

Otukura
01-17-2012, 01:38 AM
Ugh... So I can't test out combos on a fake account? There should be a pvp dummy for this if they don't let you make a toon for testing combos... :-(

I'm pretty sure you can, it's just a pain leveling up that second account so that you can test combos with the toon you want to. I personally have 3 emails registered....

Suentous PO
01-17-2012, 09:24 AM
I just reread tos & did not even see the words "two accounts" anywhere in it. I could see confusing section 4 in relation as its warning against trades OUTSIDE of the game. As stated they give you quick change slots so you can have more than one. I do not see as stated above that there is any prob with exchanging items or gold because is is in the approved trade screen. what makes you say that it's not ok Sapient, I'm curious? A lil clarification from on high would be nice tho.

StompArtist
01-17-2012, 09:38 AM
Using two devices with 2 different accounts is not forbidden. Plenty of players, myself included, have openly admitted to doing that on the forums. If this is frowned upon by STS it has not been enforced at all in the past.

Perhaps an official clarification could be useful?

Snakespeare
01-17-2012, 09:40 AM

I don't believe that's correct. In fact, they adjusted the mechanics so that you can't trade potions before level 5. However, you can still trade items or gold. That's because they don't wait you using a second account to generate potions. They want you to buy those.

The things they don't want you to trade between accounts they have made untradeable.

Unless a dev comes here and says I'm wrong, it is perfectly OK to have multiple accounts. My second account is called Snakesbeer and I use it when farming as a sidekick.

JSL
01-17-2012, 11:22 AM
There is nothing wrong with having multiple accounts and having those multiple accounts interact.

The issue is when multiple people share a single account; not when one person has multiple. Account sharing can lead to item theft, account theft and some much nastier things that are just better avoided.

This is why you should never share your account information with anyone.

Ihavenokills
01-17-2012, 02:31 PM
There is nothing wrong with having multiple accounts and having those multiple accounts interact.

The issue is when multiple people share a single account; not when one person has multiple. Account sharing can lead to item theft, account theft and some much nastier things that are just better avoided.

This is why you should never share your account information with anyone.

haha this actually cleared up a question of mine ive had for a while :D awesome