PDA

View Full Version : Reputation?

Paar
01-16-2012, 11:17 PM
What is the point of this? What does it mean? What does it do? I see a bunch of forum members with like 2 green bars next to there name and I have 1? So confused what does it mean!

Silentarrow
01-16-2012, 11:23 PM
It shows how many times people have thumbed up your posts or thanked you.

Every 50 thanks you get another bar,
Every 25 thumbs up you get another bar.

Paar
01-16-2012, 11:28 PM
Hmmm Thanks Silent(:

SUPAPRODIGY
01-16-2012, 11:53 PM

what he said.

CodyBearr
01-17-2012, 12:10 AM
So that's why I have no bar's ;-P

Siejo
01-17-2012, 12:36 AM
Hey buddy hope this helps you understand a little more.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?39844-Guide-Reputation-system&highlight=reputation+points

RedRyder
01-17-2012, 12:50 AM

You get one point per thumbs up so you actually need 100 of those lol, and 2 pts per thanks. they cut down the 5pts per thanks (it's why some people rose to so many bars so quickly [i didn't benefit from the time period]), and I'm suspecting that they rose the points per bar requirement the past month or two since I would've been sitting at 7 bars with my points, so it must have risen. I'm guessing it's every 150 pts now and I'm close to that mark, so I'll confirm or deny when I get there.

Kahlua
01-17-2012, 01:11 AM
You get one point per thumbs up so you actually need 100 of those lol, and 2 pts per thanks. they cut down the 5pts per thanks (it's why some people rose to so many bars so quickly [i didn't benefit from the time period]), and I'm suspecting that they rose the points per bar requirement the past month or two since I would've been sitting at 7 bars with my points, so it must have risen. I'm guessing it's every 150 pts now and I'm close to that mark, so I'll confirm or deny when I get there.

You get a bar every 100 rep points.

Since you start with 1, at 100 pts you'll have 2.

Example: I have 307 rep points. I have 4 bars. I got my 4th one when I hit 300. Same with my 3rd and 200.

Other than that, the +2 and +1 for thanks and thumbs up seems accurate.

Nick41324
01-17-2012, 01:24 AM
OAH! I honestly never understood those bars either. I always thought the developers gave them out for whatever reason xD

Otukura
01-17-2012, 01:32 AM

Example: I have 307 rep points. I have 4 bars. I got my 4th one when I hit 300. Same with my 3rd and 200.

Thumbs ups are a bit weird... I ended up looking over the vBulletin forums a while ago. Summed up:

When you rep somebody: Their original rep points +/- your rep power = their new rep points

Was curious because I've gained all sorts of numbers from thumbs up, like 2, 17, even 49 once.

Kakatoa91
01-17-2012, 02:40 AM
On android app cant c anything and im mostly on it. So didnt know how rep look like.
Some months ago while checking on laptop, saw the green bars. Thought it was an online mark. :p
But then so many peep were online and some more online than other. :D

RedRyder
01-17-2012, 07:47 AM

After every hundred I should be getting a bar. What you said still goes with me supposed to be having 7 bars. I'm at 648 pts and I never got a bar at 600.

Swimmingstar
01-17-2012, 10:32 PM
It might be different from each bar. Harder to get to the next. For me it's 2 points for thanks and I think 4-40 for thumbs? Idk about thumbs. It's always different for me. But reputation doesn't matter... so. :)

Artemis
01-17-2012, 11:10 PM
i have 4 bars. (:

Swimmingstar
01-18-2012, 01:43 AM
Chuck Norris has 11 one higher than possible.

Kahlua
01-18-2012, 05:15 AM
After every hundred I should be getting a bar. What you said still goes with me supposed to be having 7 bars. I'm at 648 pts and I never got a bar at 600.

Perhaps it changes the requirements when you reach a certain amount? Such as with post counts and getting new titles.

BodMaster
01-18-2012, 03:25 PM
I have 5 with 425, I'm sure thanks is still 2 points, but thumbs up from a member at senior or above seems to give a lot more.

Though who's counting?

Ebalere
01-18-2012, 03:26 PM
This is probably the reason so many threads are being necro'd,
for post counts and rep. I would just as soon do away with the reputation bar since it's more of a popularity contest than anything, though I do like being able to thank someone for their post instead of making a new post to do so.

I haven't seen my rep bar in ages (or anyone elses for that matter), I use tapatalk for the forums, so I don't really care if it stays or goes. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

BodMaster
01-18-2012, 03:29 PM
This is probably the reason so many threads are being necro'd,
for post counts and rep. I would just as soon do away with the reputation bar since it's more of a popularity contest than anything, though I do like being able to thank someone for their post instead of making a new post to do so.

I haven't seen my rep bar in ages (or anyone elses for that matter), I use tapatalk for the forums, so I don't really care if it stays or goes. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

I have rep bars than you ner ner ner xD

LelouchX
01-18-2012, 03:35 PM
I have more rep bars than you ner ner ner xD

Your stalker/the grammar police has fixed your post for you, lol

Draopwnzall
01-18-2012, 03:36 PM
Someone mind checking my reputation for me? Im on app so I can't see it.

StompArtist
01-18-2012, 03:36 PM
I got 77 bars but most are invisible. Must be a forum glitch because I couldn't possibly be lying.

BodMaster
01-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Someone mind checking my reputation for me? Im on app so I can't see it.

Total Thanks 1, Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts. 2 Bars.

It should be called a comedic bar.. seems that's where most of the thanks go..

BodMaster
01-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Your stalker/the grammar police has fixed your post for you, lol

Lol! Touch Keyboard fail..

adidaman
01-18-2012, 04:05 PM
I need to get rid of a bar, and quick. God forbid people think I'm... Helpful *shudder*

Jugernugett
01-18-2012, 04:28 PM
I see no bars...?

razerfingers
01-18-2012, 04:28 PM
I love my red bar :) i had two at one point til devs cought on there was an organization that purposely wanted bad rep i think then they took it away and i got sad :/ but i have -47 points last i checked lolol ;-)

Draopwnzall
01-18-2012, 04:30 PM
Thanks Bod.

Zeus
01-18-2012, 04:37 PM
I have 828 points. I believe anything less than a senior member earns you less points, sometimes even 0. Anything higher might earn you more points, but that one I have yet to find out.

Silentarrow
01-18-2012, 04:40 PM
I have 828 points. I believe anything less than a senior member earns you less points, sometimes even 0. Anything higher might earn you more points, but that one I have yet to find out.

Possibly, I've earned 0 points several times from thumbs up... Maybe thumbs up from new members give 0 to avoid rep boosting.

Swimmingstar
01-18-2012, 04:52 PM
I love my red bar :) i had two at one point til devs cought on there was an organization that purposely wanted bad rep i think then they took it away and i got sad :/ but i have -47 points last i checked lolol ;-)

I think they removed down rep.

razerfingers
01-18-2012, 05:21 PM
I think they removed down rep.

sigh..

StompArtist
01-18-2012, 05:23 PM
sigh..

Yours used to say razerfingers. What happened to it?

BodMaster
01-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Possibly, I've earned 0 points several times from thumbs up... Maybe thumbs up from new members give 0 to avoid rep boosting.

Correct, lower than Senior you get no rep. Stops ppl makin silly alt accounts and repping themselves.

sigh..

Yours used to say razerfingers. What happened to it?

Lol I remember that you were so happy with -2 bars haha

WhoIsThis
01-18-2012, 05:35 PM

I'm not sure. Once you clear senior, I think the points system and posts are independent. That said, more senior members are more more likely to earn points by virtue of having more posts. That said, posts should be evaluated on their own merit, not necessarily based on the poster.

BodMaster
01-18-2012, 05:42 PM
I'm not sure. Once you clear senior, I think the points system and posts are independent. That said, more senior members are more more likely to earn points by virtue of having more posts. That said, posts should be evaluated on their own merit, not necessarily based on the poster.

Well said, tho this is unfortunately not the case at all times.

Even tho I was playing about, I really did mean that these days rep is just for fun. The funniest person in a thread may have a load of rep from all the thanks they have received for being funny. The OP or persons that made valid a true points to a thread get nada.

It's become a 'like' on FB, some rep does come from a well said post but mostly for comedic value.

LelouchX
01-18-2012, 05:49 PM
people give thanks for all different reasons. i try to avoid giving it for something that's funny and try to stick to giving them for helpful, informative posts, but lately mime has been the exception...... y u crack me up so much!!! (don't feel like meme farming right now, that will have to do)

WhoIsThis
01-18-2012, 05:54 PM
Also worth noting is that there is no limit to how many thanks you can get for 1 post. The only limit is that a person can only thank people once for each post.

LelouchX
01-18-2012, 05:57 PM
also, one day i was thanking Sam too much apparently and was told to "spread the thanks around." but in my defense, he did help me about 20 times that day AND his rep is so bad he needed the boost, hahahaha

so i guess there is a limit to how much u can thank one person in a day (for obvious reasons), i just don't know how many times that is

Swimmingstar
01-18-2012, 06:02 PM
also, one day i was thanking Sam too much apparently and was told to "spread the thanks around." but in my defense, he did help me about 20 times that day AND his rep is so bad he needed the boost, hahahaha

so i guess there is a limit to how much u can thank one person in a day (for obvious reasons), i just don't know how many times that is

I think you can do 5 thanks a day max. And Sam has like best rep lol. He

BodMaster
01-18-2012, 06:12 PM

All you need to know is here, (5 a day, must give out 20more before repping that member again)

ETA:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?39844-Guide-Reputation-system&highlight=reputation+points

MimeRifle
01-19-2012, 01:42 PM
This was an interesting thread! (I notice I am currently out of "Thanks', I overdrew my account at the Thank-Bank.)

I also noticed that if this calculation is correct, and why would I doubt the knowledge of such elder forum members, if I got one more "Thanks", I would get another segment of green-bar. That'd be neat. All the cool kids have at least two...

I wouldn't think of just begging for insincere gratitude simply for that reason, so I will include here a helpful basic handyman tip which you may find useful! :) If you do - oh, well, then, by all-means, drop a "thanks" on the mime! Hey... wouldn't it be cool to know *you* were the one who gave me my second green thing?!? :smiley_simmons:

Basic Handyman Tip: The two most essential tools you need in your toolbox to solve many household problems are WD-40 and Duct Tape. If the problem is that something isn't moving, but it should be, use the WD-40. If it's not supposed to be moving, but it is, use the Duct Tape.

Kahlua
01-19-2012, 01:53 PM
This was an interesting thread! (I notice I am currently out of "Thanks', I overdrew my account at the Thank-Bank.)

I also noticed that if this calculation is correct, and why would I doubt the knowledge of such elder forum members, if I got one more "Thanks", I would get another segment of green-bar. That'd be neat. All the cool kids have at least two...

I wouldn't think of just begging for insincere gratitude simply for that reason, so I will include here a helpful basic handyman tip which you may find useful! :) If you do - oh, well, then, by all-means, drop a "thanks" on the mime! Hey... wouldn't it be cool to know *you* were the one who gave me my second green thing?!? :smiley_simmons:

Basic Handyman Tip: The two most essential tools you need in your toolbox to solve many household problems are WD-40 and Duct Tape. If the problem is that something isn't moving, but it should be, use the WD-40. If it's not supposed to be moving, but it is, use the Duct Tape.
Mystery solved.

MimeRifle
01-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Mystery solved.

Kal! How apropos!!! :D (sorry I can't "thank" ya for that - still overdrawn apparently)

RedRyder
01-19-2012, 05:30 PM
Kal! How apropos!!! :D (sorry I can't "thank" ya for that - still overdrawn apparently)

Did it for ya :p

BodMaster
01-19-2012, 05:54 PM

So those elderly forum people were correct?

I'm of of thanks like usual... what someone needs to fill in for that Thanks Fairy ;)

Kahlua
01-20-2012, 07:24 AM
hmmm so if I remove my thanks from Mime's post...will he lose that bar?!?

TIME FOR SCIENCE!

EDIT: Nope still 2 bars. Put it back for good measure.

MimeRifle
01-20-2012, 08:16 AM

TIME FOR SCIENCE!

Be careful with "Thanks" folks! It's like the ripple from a stone cast into the pond... ya can't take it back - it's already "out there". Good to know!! Splendid work Dr. K! :)

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 08:44 AM

TIME FOR SCIENCE!

This is Mime we are talking about, by that time he'd had 5+ more thanks, for his smart wording ;)

StompArtist
01-20-2012, 09:17 AM
Used to be you could give out as many thanks as you wanted...

There is a thread somewhere about it where I thanked everyone who was complaining about unlimited thank yous. :D

Kahlua
01-20-2012, 10:14 AM

There is a thread somewhere about it where I thanked everyone who was complaining about unlimited thank yous. :D

you're like a ninja troll....trolling subtly in the shadows.

teach me, master.

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 10:48 AM

The Thanks Fairy is alive!!!!!!! XD

you're like a ninja troll....trolling subtly in the shadows.

team me, master.

With who :O Kally I'm shocked :O

Kahlua
01-20-2012, 11:04 AM
LOLOLOL good work, auto correct.
Another victim.

But you can join him if you want, Bobby

MimeRifle
01-20-2012, 11:06 AM
Another victim.

LOL @ "Bobby"! I know, right? So-Called "Smart" devices.... pfffft!

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Another victim.

Rofl! So let me get this right you are giving me and stomp permission to 'TEAM' you? ;) (poor mime, must feel left out right about now)

StompArtist
01-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Rofl! So let me get this right you are giving me and stomp permission to 'TEAM' you? ;) (poor mime, must feel left out right about now)

Resistance is futile you will be assimilated.

MimeRifle
01-20-2012, 11:42 AM

LMAO!!! Oh, I do love me some good innuendo... :D Sidebar to Kal - is this not a callback to the chat we had last week in the google doc session when you asked if I'd mind judging more than one of the contest runs?!?! :redface:

RedRyder
01-20-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm thinking of taking stompartists thanks fairy role. Perhaps a forum guild?

Kahlua
01-20-2012, 11:54 AM
LMAO!!! Oh, I do love me some good innuendo... :D Sidebar to Kal - is this not a callback to the chat we had last week in the google doc session when you asked if I'd mind judging more than one of the contest runs?!?! :redface:
This is revenge for you not answering my request within 10 seconds in blackstar the other night!!!

YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER!
*enters 25 minute unprovoked woman rage*

MimeRifle
01-20-2012, 12:00 PM
This is revenge for you not answering my request within 10 seconds in blackstar the other night!!!

YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER!
*enters 25 minute unprovoked woman rage*

What YOU need is an anxiety-free sandwich, babe...

StompArtist
01-20-2012, 12:02 PM

She will have to make it herself. Men do not cook. :P

Kahlua
01-20-2012, 12:07 PM

BRING ME SUBWAY!

please? *Angel*

MimeRifle
01-20-2012, 12:11 PM
BRING ME SUBWAY!

please? *Angel*

You know, the Subway near here has a drive-thru... much lower stress. I might just be able to pull this off!!! :smiley_simmons:

Kahlua
01-20-2012, 12:14 PM
You know, the Subway near here has a drive-thru... much lower stress. I might just be able to pull this off!!! :smiley_simmons:

you're kidding?!?!

A drive-through?! You mean no one standing 5 inches from you to judge you as you panic through the 45 step process of ordering food? Oh my god that's amazing.

MimeRifle
01-20-2012, 12:16 PM
you're kidding?!?!

A drive-through?! You mean no one standing 5 inches from you to judge you as you panic through the 45 step process of ordering food? Oh my god that's amazing.

Not kidding! I know!!!! Clearly I am living in the heart of a truly enlightened culture!

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 12:20 PM
Drive-Thru subway.. what will they think of next..

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 12:22 PM
I'm thinking of taking stompartists thanks fairy role. Perhaps a forum guild?

Doooooo eeeeeeeeeeeeet! You have some big does to fill tho buddy, you sure your up for the task? xD

StompArtist
01-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Doooooo eeeeeeeeeeeeet! You have some big does to fill tho buddy, you sure your up for the task? xD

Why would he be filling my female deers and with what?

BodMaster
01-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Why would he be filling my female deers and with what?

LMAO! You have me in tears here really... hahaaaaaaaaa

Shoes!!!!! Lmfaooooooo tut tut Stomp! Hahaaa