PDA

View Full Version : Asking for 10k or less!

LwMark
01-17-2012, 03:52 AM
Ok I honestly HATE when people ask , hey can i borrow 10k?! Also, can you give me 5k?!
Like really!!!
I always say NO!!!
Do you guys realize how friggin EASY it is to make 5k or 10'?! Just do a couple of runs in Mt. Fang an liquidate the items!
Or even Plasma Pyramid or Krush the Keeper!
All towns have maps where you can easily liquidate items quick an make money!
This is such a pet peeve!
and if you run the maps an kill a boss you even might get PINKS! Or something valuable!
Are you guys that friggin lazy!
I wouldnt even waste my time typin "can i borrow 5k?!"
All the time it takes lookin for someone to "borrow" it you could of made it the right way!
But if you have friends who will give but this is diffrent case!
But just random people!
REALLY GUYS!?!?
And most people you dont know will just say NO!!!
Its ridiculous!
I needed to vent thx for listening!
Hey also i got a question anyone got 15k i can borrow real quick!?!?
LOLz jkin!
Hope you guys had a good day and got plenty PINKS!!!
:)

ninjaduck
01-17-2012, 03:56 AM
Wht don't you tell people how to earn/farm/merch money, instead of venting or ignoring.

mechr
01-17-2012, 04:53 AM
i usually just give them the money
i know it's bad but sometimes some people are genuinely nooby, think of how happy ur 5k makes them

also when i started out in PL, i would of loved if someone had given me a gift of 5k!!

Taaralatie
01-17-2012, 05:13 AM
When ppl ask me I usually check what level they are and suggest a good place for them to run and make some gold. 5 or 10k is easy to make for anyone. I think just giving ppl gold doesn't really help them in the long run. And let's face it spamming balefort with begging messages is annoying for everyone. Encouraging ppl to beg by giving in to them isn't a solution in my opinion. But helping them to help themselves serves a much greater purpose. I have even been known to accompany ppl on runs and hold their hand...just to show them how easy making gold really is.

LwMark
01-17-2012, 05:53 AM
Ok so i thought everyone hated beggers?!
You guys are sayin to usually give it to them or see what level they are or suggest to them how to get it.
Trust me i chek the levels they are and when a 65 asks for it then yes they know how to get gold i dnt hav to explain it its pure laziness.or if a llvl 21 asks who has on a full crystalline bow set on.i kno they obiously use it as a farmer its not a noob.and sometimes i do tell them to what to do i literally will say "yo instead of beggin yu kan literally make it in a sec by liquidatin its alot eaasier".ive came across these people beggin alottttt more then actual noobs in say fh or df.and thats ridiculous.

maneatingtree
01-17-2012, 06:03 AM
Or even Plasma Pyramid or Krush the Keeper!

Im pretty sure your missing a "c"

Zenidal
01-17-2012, 06:05 AM
I don't think giving people money is the solution, as Taaralatie said. It just encourages beggars to beg even more. I think there's a saying: Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for life.

LwMark
01-17-2012, 06:14 AM
............C

Crunchee
01-17-2012, 06:18 AM
Removed...got ninja'd by someone above... :/

Blind
01-17-2012, 06:52 AM
In pl making money is easy, there is no way you'll find yourself without pots.

But in sl it's very hard start at lvl 1 on your own, without friends it's gonna be hard to even survive since you won't be able to make money until later lvls.

Sometimes it's good to give pots and some cash to newbies.

LwMark
01-17-2012, 07:24 AM
@blind and your right about that.it also depends on the approach.when someone goes "give me 10k!".thats definitly a no go lol

OvigorothO
01-17-2012, 08:12 AM
Serioisly how many ppl missing a "c" button?

Rare
01-17-2012, 11:01 AM
All towns have maps where you can easily liquidate items quick an make money!

Not balefort sewers.

Honestly, I usually check the person's level. If they are a lower level I ususally give it to them if they ask nicely. If they are over 50, I will definitely ignore them.

AbsolutePally
01-17-2012, 11:13 AM
This guide I made may help

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?34081-DTFs-Guide-Giving-back-to-the-Community

Appleisaac
01-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Idk if this is frowned upon... But if I meet a genuine new player in forest haven who asks for help I usually give them 1k after I do a few runs with them :) 1k means a lot to new players.

Taaralatie
01-18-2012, 06:24 AM
Idk if this is frowned upon... But if I meet a genuine new player in forest haven who asks for help I usually give them 1k after I do a few runs with them :) 1k means a lot to new players.

I don't think this is frowned upon. I have done the same. There is a world of difference between giving a new player some gold and giving gold to ppl who beg. At the very start 1K is a big deal to a new player but I find a gift of red and blue potions is often more rewarding.

Aquilasoul
01-18-2012, 06:38 AM
ohhahahaha