PDA

View Full Version : maybe a new command?

Skeletonlord
01-17-2012, 01:45 PM
i hope this idea is a good one, so here goes! In game, I noticed that people have to go to their friends list to join friends and you join the wrong friends. Most likely you join the wrong friends because you have too many (I have this problem lol) friends. instead of deleting them to make more room. How about a new command for joining players? /join (friendname) would save so so much hassle.
What do you guys think?

TheSnowman
01-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Yeah I like this idea, it's very annoying when the friends list shifts and you end up somewhere you didn't want to be.

+1

Skeletonlord
01-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Yeah I like this idea, it's very annoying when the friends list shifts and you end up somewhere you didn't want to be.

+1

thanks!

LelouchX
01-17-2012, 02:22 PM
this would be great for SL and PL :-)

i know when doing XP runs, the easiest way to join fast is by going to the sector map, tapping "join game," and typing the host's name in the left most box. this doesn't help us join friends in towns tho

ninjaduck
01-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Great Idea Dan! Keep em coming.

+1

Ebalere
01-17-2012, 02:25 PM
this would be great for SL and PL :-)

i know when doing XP runs, the easiest way to join fast is by going to the sector map, tapping "join game," and typing the host's name in the left most box. this doesn't help us join friends in towns tho

I would have /join lelouchx in my quickchat. Lol

Skeletonlord
01-17-2012, 02:26 PM
Thanks for your feedback.

ninjaduck
01-17-2012, 02:26 PM
i would have /join Ninjaduck.... lol god knows what would happen.... :P

Qqqxxxzzz
01-17-2012, 02:45 PM
Good idea!
I have always 10+ friends online and it's boring always join again or get dc if I press back-button.

drewcapu
01-17-2012, 02:48 PM
There's one that I've tried to brainstorm for awhile but am not sure how feasible:

/follow playername
which, if playername accepts, you automatically join them on their hosted runs until you logout or until they take you off their followers list (another tab in the social area?)

old post

LelouchX
01-17-2012, 02:52 PM
I would have /join lelouchx in my quickchat. Lol
u still gonna deny that you are stalking me?

Ebalere
01-17-2012, 04:18 PM
u still gonna deny that you are stalking me?

Hey now, don't be a forum hog! You didn't even catch my compliment!

plmafiaboss
01-17-2012, 04:21 PM
i hope this idea is a good one, so here goes! in game, and noticed that people have to go to their friends list to join friends, and they join the wrong friends, and all this happens. Most likely you join the wrong friends because you have too many (i have this problem lol) friends. instead of deleting them to make more room. how about a new command for joining! /join (friendname) would save so so much hastle. What do you guys think?since when is there a T in hassle :p

LelouchX
01-17-2012, 04:34 PM
Hey now, don't be a forum hog! You didn't even catch my compliment!
i did, but it's more fun to mess wit you than say thanks :-)

since when is there a T in hassle :p
grammar police have arrived!

Ebalere
01-17-2012, 04:39 PM
grammar police have arrived!

Grammar should be capitalized.

Punctuation police are here as well.

Redbridge
01-17-2012, 04:39 PM
since when is there a T in hassle :p

WARNING WARNING..... evacuate forums immediately!!

All grammar, punctuation and speeling ;-) mistakes are being monitored.... The end of the world is upon us..... [ninja'd]

We seriously gonna pick apart spelling mistakes???

Back on topic.... It's a great idea but simply asking who's hosting a friends games (and filtering the by the host's name in join games) is the easiest way of joining them if your getting a lot of jumping around. I can't really see this as a problem UNLESS one is repeatedly joining various different friends, in a short space of time, from their friends list, in a almost stalking kind of way....... O.O

Also it's great you have a large friends list (and thanks for sharing that with everyone) you'll find the bigger it gets the more you'll think about deleting the whole of your friends list. It's only a thought at first, but it eventually gains momentum as the list gets bigger until you finally take the plunge and delete the whole list and start again. It's the greatest feeling having an empty friends list again. And, don't worry it doesn't take long to add the important people again.... Try it...

Ebalere
01-17-2012, 04:42 PM
warning warning..... Evacuate forums immediately!!

All grammar, punctuation and speeling ;-) mistakes are being monitored.... The end of the world is upon us.....

What about the children!!!!

Skeletonlord
01-17-2012, 04:46 PM
Lol my spelling isn't the best. I'll look over what I wrote and correct any mistakes! I'm glad you like my idea!

LelouchX
01-17-2012, 04:50 PM
Lol my spelling isn't the best. I'll look over what I wrote and correct any mistakes! I'm glad you like my idea!
lol, the only time i use proper spelling and punctuation is when my ipad autocorrects it for me. everything still readable tho

and this is a great idea, i think i'm just gonna spam /join in my chat until this feature is added, lol

OvigorothO
01-17-2012, 04:52 PM
Lol ive deleted my whole list before but.kept it empty permanently (only on one character)

Silentarrow
01-17-2012, 04:57 PM
Grammar should be capitalized.

Punctuation police are here as well.

Actually it should be

The grammar police have arrived

Skeletonlord
01-17-2012, 05:00 PM
@Lelouchx lol thanks for your compliment! /join would make the game so much better than it is currently, I can see this getting added. People say "join me" and their name begins with I, and I have like 5 friends online with the name beginning with I, and it gets really confusing.

Late
01-17-2012, 05:00 PM
What if a friend had a long and random name that is really hard to spell?

LelouchX
01-17-2012, 05:04 PM
well, i guess in that case they would have to just use the friend list. lets say i want to join zraorizer, sure its a little weird of a name for me to remember at first, but after a while it stuck, and being a z, i would have to scroll down my friend list. also, i have some people as friends on one toon but not an alt, so it would be extremely useful in that situation. while eyeofnewt is simple, lelouchx may be gibberish to some but not to others who have seen the anime. "hard to spell" is really in the eye of the beholder to some extent.

Skeletonlord
01-17-2012, 05:04 PM

Instead of just the scroll down your friends, why not add a search function? You can start searching for the name and it automatically searches and finds appropriate matches!