PDA

View Full Version : Reconsider Engineer?

Swimmingstar
01-18-2012, 01:41 AM
I get bored a lot from leveling and take breaks. I am sure many of you do. But when I go to PvP it is worse then leveling. Since I chose my main as an engineer, which I thought would be similar to a mage, PvP was hard. Ops could stun you for a way longer time then you could stun them. They just stand there and it seems every single shot is critical. You do damage to them but it seems they have more armor then you. And most of the time, you are stunned. Also, you cant come out of the stuns you cant just heal like PL. Another reason is that ops and coms have better heals than you! How is that fair? Shouldnt the class that can rev have the best heal? It was easier in the lower levels where many people didnt have the best gear, but now, most people have the cheap and easy to find purples from voleria. Even when you are facing L35 ops with 300 armor and you are level 39 it is hard. This also applies to coms. I have many reasons but since I am on a phone, I cant put them all down. Could STS reconsider makjng the engineer better and "what it should be"? Do people agree the engineers are underpowered? It is not that I am just a huge SL fan and a huge fan of engineers, I also have an op and com. I am just trying to make SL PvP and SL fun.

uwantaides
01-18-2012, 02:17 AM
Well idk about the whole pvp thing since I'm a noob at both sl and pl pvp xD but maybe they tried to make it a little fairer(if that's even a word) for all classes? Or maybe the best class changes every lvl cap?

Malerian
01-18-2012, 11:39 AM
It's true, engi are underpowered in pvp compared to same levels coms and ops. We got less damage and stats like dodge and armor than they do.
On the other hand, some seem to do rather well (you should read morfic's guide on that matter, will be more insightful than i can be).

Though, you almost have to get the very best weapon and plat armor (for dodge) to stand a fair chance. Let's just hope devs will change that in future update.

LelouchX
01-18-2012, 11:48 AM
lots of engi PvP discussions (and complaints) going around the forum, engi disc and PvP disc i believe. its definitely rough trying to end game PvP with them, i'm attempting to get an engi twink bc i'm curious..... from what i know, trans is still nerfed and heals the opponent, but devs said they are working on fixing PvP glitchs.

Kakatoa91
01-18-2012, 11:59 AM
At cap lvl, you can find expert engies who can be on par with pro Ops or Coms in pvp match.
But they are still rare. Some of them have their threads in here btw.

But indeed engies in general are the weakest around in pvp in all lvls. They can give a little edge in ffa or ctf tough.

At low lvl, engie or com r just too weak sadly, at least in PL it was still possible to play mage/avian vs bear. Ops have just insane boost dmg and 3 skills that hurt/control opponent, u can add also 84-87% hit. I actually deleted my twink engie for a com. Com heal better lol and have better control skills to fight at lvl15.

Really dont know what to do at low lvl twink. Maybe movin amplify pain skill of Op later. Boost the heal of engie.

But I can see Ops gettin weaker the higher cap is getting, they already lost edge vs com. Higher def/health is going to hurt them more and more I think.

Last skill maybe will help engie. Still waiting for that.

Ebalere
01-18-2012, 01:04 PM
At cap lvl, you can find expert engies who can be on par with pro Ops or Coms in pvp match.
But they are still rare. Some of them have their threads in here btw.

But indeed engies in general are the weakest around in pvp in all lvls. They can give a little edge in ffa or ctf tough.

At low lvl, engie or com r just too weak sadly, at least in PL it was still possible to play mage/avian vs bear. Ops have just insane boost dmg and 3 skills that hurt/control opponent, u can add also 84-87% hit. I actually deleted my twink engie for a com. Com heal better lol and have better control skills to fight at lvl15.

Really dont know what to do at low lvl twink. Maybe movin amplify pain skill of Op later. Boost the heal of engie.

But I can see Ops gettin weaker the higher cap is getting, they already lost edge vs com. Higher def/health is going to hurt them more and more I think.

Last skill maybe will help engie. Still waiting for that.

Amplify can stay right where it is, please. Without amplify pain commandos would rule lv15 pvp too, as it is now i find it fair enough between com and op, with coms needing a bit better dodge. Engies are underpowered from lv1-41 in pvp though. A good com can spank a good op at any level past 20, even more so once they unlock backbreaker. The most pressing issue is engis imo, they need a crit buff and they need tranference to do its job.

Swimmingstar
01-18-2012, 03:59 PM
lots of engi PvP discussions (and complaints) going around the forum, engi disc and PvP disc i believe. its definitely rough trying to end game PvP with them, i'm attempting to get an engi twink bc i'm curious..... from what i know, trans is still nerfed and heals the opponent, but devs said they are working on fixing PvP glitchs.
Trans heals opponent in Pvp? No wonder it's so hard. It's like a permanent thrya zael mind control.

Swimmingstar
01-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Something good, a buff or something that does good damage. How about 60 crit if maxed like in PL? :) And good dodge. And how about replace wither or leech with another good debuff? And how about better gear? And how about you can map all 12 skills? That's the thing I don't like about SL, you can't use all skills.

Kaytar
01-18-2012, 04:18 PM
Imo PvP is totally unfair to engis i dont even bother wth it. Also, supression stuns need to last longer than just breaking when damage is dealt. Heal needs to be better than op and com. Not enough armor. Totally unfair

Swimmingstar
01-18-2012, 04:28 PM
Agreed with Kaytar. and as I mentioned above ops have a long stun and the pain only has 3 seconds.

LelouchX
01-18-2012, 05:20 PM
Trans heals opponent in Pvp? No wonder it's so hard. It's like a permanent thrya zael mind control.
yup, screenie in this thread ;-)
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?44278-Engi-Transference-Glitch

it does hit them, it just heals them right after that when it heals you

Swimmingstar
01-18-2012, 08:11 PM
I hope when JSL said we are looking into all abilities it meant a new remake of better abilities and also transference fix. And I hope it becomes even quicker since that post was on December 5th... but remaking skills probably takes long so let's hope they are.

LelouchX
01-18-2012, 08:37 PM
I hope when JSL said we are looking into all abilities it meant a new remake of better abilities and also transference fix. And I hope it becomes even quicker since that post was on December 5th... but remaking skills probably takes long so let's hope they are.

I doubt they will change the actual abilities, but I've suggested reworking force shield so that the shield takes the damage while it is up and not the player. engis get nothing but a weak armor buff so I hope their last is a solo buff of something useful but I won't double post my thoughts on that here, it's somewhere in an engi last skill thread. I'll go back and try end game PvP once trans in fixed, but I think they are gonna be even more UP than when 36 was cap, which is when I attempted it.

and I know nothing of what goes into programming, so I'm just grateful someone someone who does is working on this bc it wouldn't get done if it was my job, lol. they also said they are looking into all skills from all classes for PvP, so there could be a lot work that needs to be done. time will tell, I'm happy on my twinks till then

Swimmingstar
01-18-2012, 08:48 PM
I thought the force shield was supposed to take damage...

LelouchX
01-18-2012, 08:54 PM
I thought the force shield was supposed to take damage...
the description uses the word "it" referring to the shield, takes damage, but the player does and the shield bursts after the player take xx damage (depending on the skill level). pretty sure this hasnt changed since last month, but i might actually consider using the skill if it did. go solo a run and test it to see, I didn't realize until I did

Swimmingstar
01-18-2012, 09:28 PM
So is this another bug? there doesn't seem to be as many for ops and coms combined.

iAmPain
01-19-2012, 01:45 AM
hmm..Engi's arent that tough at PvP in SL,maybe for a reason. do u think that if a mage rules at PL it should be engi's that rule here in SL too?.in PL ppl are askin.why is this class underpowered, now its strong.some ppl complaining again.why is this class so weak? didnt u ppl ask for another class to be stronger? well u have it ight there.the Devs need to balance everything u know.maybe yea,Commando's rule SL.maybe in DL.u never know whos gonna rule there.maybe Ops? remember, everything happens for a reason.sometimes u just have to wait.even if it hurts.its just u need to let the devs do theyre job.btw,just like Morfic said.even Engi's cnt rule over ops and comm.they cn still give us a good fight (GF). have u tried morfics build before? i suggest u give it a shot

Kakatoa91
01-19-2012, 09:39 AM
btw,just like Morfic said.even Engi's cnt rule over ops and comm.they cn still give us a good fight (GF). have u tried morfics build before? i suggest u give it a shot

Morfic and bene have post here good thread on pvp engie and how to play. There are at cap still very few who are doing consistent well with their engie maybe 3 (might b more didnt check much cap pvp these last 2 weeks) more than those 2. While an average com or op can still do well on 1 on 1 match, an average engie will loose even having good build since you need a peculiar type of play that is not easy to master for everyone.

LelouchX
01-19-2012, 10:26 AM
Morfic and bene have post here good thread on pvp engie and how to play. There are at cap still very few who are doing consistent well with their engie maybe 3 (might b more didnt check much cap pvp these last 2 weeks) more than those 2. While an average com or op can still do well on 1 on 1 match, an average engie will loose even having good build since you need a peculiar type of play that is not easy to master for everyone.

That's exactly how i played my engi the few days i played him in PvP. for me engi just isn't fun in PvP but i love them in PvE

@pain: wasn't intending for anything to come off as a complaint, just stating my opinion, which happens to be that engis are UP compared to other classes. I also never PvPed in PL so idk how it is there, but seems like i should have there bc my main was my elf, lol

Swimmingstar
01-19-2012, 04:10 PM
I can't really understand mashed posts with no caps and some places no spaces even.

asazocave
02-05-2012, 11:41 AM
totally diagree with ur statement that twink eng cant do better ....just play woth ur twink and u will know the truth that eng r good in twink pvp duel match

Fuzzywig
02-09-2012, 01:38 AM
How about makin it so that engis heal the same amount as pve but lowering the heal amount if there are multiple engis on a single team

InfamousMohow
02-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Imo PvP is totally unfair to engis i dont even bother wth it. Also, supression stuns need to last longer than just breaking when damage is dealt. Heal needs to be better than op and com. Not enough armor. Totally unfair

Yep in agreement

Thade
02-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Hey guys,

I've posted this in several threads. Transference is getting fixed to not heal enemies. This is a code change and requires a new client. We are finalizing testing on said client as I type this. It'll likely go into Apple for review early next week. We have no control over how long apple's review will take.

Given the state of this key class skill being broken, engineer balance is not what it should be on live. My experience has shone me that with the proper spec they are quite viable on live, but after with the transference fix they may be a bit too good.

Also note, the engineers abilities are very group oriented. You'll have to specialize your engineer if you intended to only participate in 1 v 1 battles.