PDA

View Full Version : Can you conquer death: Voleria Edition - Part III: Results - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Kahlua
01-18-2012, 06:50 PM
Can you conquer death: Voleria Edition - Part III: Results - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

WOW!! WHAT A CONTEST! I honestly didn't think that was going to go as well as it did, but that was a great week of Voleria runs! Made some new friends, saw some great players display their skills, and am happy to say that we didn't have any issues or problems with the judging or the results.

As I mentioned in the previous post, we have decided to bump up the prizes for the top 3 teams, as well as include some prize sub-categories! Here are the new and improved prizes! Thank you to Javiermadriz and Ardon for donating.

1st Place
100 plat, 80k credits, and the forum title "Voleria Vanquisher" PER PERSON!

2nd Place
50 plat and 40k credits PER PERSON!

3rd Place
25 plat and 20k credits PER PERSON!

Sub-Prizes
Fastest Individual Map Time - 5k per person, all 5 maps have separate prizes
Fastest Total Raw Time - 5k per person (time before deaths/penalties)
Lowest Team Deaths - 5k per person

Ok, so now what you've all been waiting for....

OFFICIAL RESULTS

Honorable Mention
Coming in 5th place....with a total time of 60:23.991...

5th. Team 7 - Divinehawkz, Fererra, and Riochy!!

Coming in 4th place....with a total time of 59:22.242...

4th. Team 4 - Kizlodez, Mercmonkey, and Deadlyvixen!!

http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/3397/blackline.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/864/blackline.png/)

Third Place
Coming in 3rd place by posting an impressive time of 55:34.228 with only 6 combined deaths and 4 flawless maps....

Team 18 - Cheonafyii, Rossamund, and Agnes!!!
Each of you please contact me in game to receive your credits and STS will credit your account with platinum. Congratulations!

http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/3397/blackline.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/864/blackline.png/)

2nd Place
Coming in 2nd place, this team posted the FASTEST RAW TIME of any team! With a blisteringly fast time of 47:15.210, this team fell short of winning on deaths alone, dying a total of 8 times. In 2nd place we have...

Team 6 - Darknaut, Flipwhiskey, and Beastx!!!
Each of you please contact me in game to receive your credits and STS will credit your account with platinum. Congratulations!!

1st Place
Can I get a drumroll please...

This team came in to the contest with a lot of confidence in their abilities and it really showed on the field. With great commando leadership, both verbal and on the ground, it is no wonder this team came out victorious. When I saw the first map run time, I knew it was fast, but everyone has a good first map. It wasn't until I saw the 2nd map time, and then the 3rd, and then the 4th, and then come the 5th with only 2 deaths; I knew this team would win. They held the fastest lap time for ALL 5 MAPS as well as FASTEST RAW TOTAL for a few days until Team 6 knocked them off the podium. However, with a time like 44:45.090 and only 2 combined team deaths...ON TOP OF 4 FLAWLESS MAPS, you're going to be a tough team to beat. This contest was about teamwork and speed, and these guys were verbal enough to stay alive, but not chatty enough to wind up dead, and that is why they are the winners. I am proud to present the grand prize of 240k credits, 300 platinum, and 3 custom forum titles of "Voleria Vanquisher" to the fastest team around...

Team 2 - Goiegaban, Huzaaridan, and Secretagent!!!
The prize I listed is split between the 3 of you obviously. Enjoy it boys, and a job well done! Congratulations!

Sub-Categories
Fastest Individual Map Time
Map 1
Team 7 - Divinehawkz, Fererra, Riochy - 5:30.734 - 5k per person

Map 2
Team 6 - Darknaut, Flipwhiskey, and Beastx - 8:00.348 - 5k per person

Map 3
Team 2 - Goiegaban, Huzaaridan, and Secretagent - 12:01.857 - 5k per person

Map 4
Team 6 - Darknaut, Flipwhiskey, and Beastx - 8:37.069 - 5k per person

Map 5
Team 6 - Darknaut, Flipwhiskey, and Beastx - 8:09.624 - 5k per person

Fastest Total Raw Time
Team 6 - Darknaut, Flipwhiskey, and Beastx - 43:15.210 - 5k per person

Lowest Team Deaths
Team 2 - Goiegaban, Huzaaridan, and Secretagent - 2 - 5k per person

Official Results Spreadsheet
Here is the Excel file I screen-captured from my computer. It should all be very accurate, but any minor changes won't effect the outcomes. CLICK THE IMAGE ONCE TO MIGRATE TO IMAGESHACK, AND THEN AGAIN TO SEE THE ENLARGED VERSION. IT'S MUCH BETTER QUALITY.
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6285/contestresults.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/96/contestresults.png/)

That's all everyone! I'd like to give a HUGE thank you to my judges! Without you guys, this contest would not have worked. You gave so much of your free time for this contest without a complaint and know that I truly appreciate it. Every one of you guys have my thanks. Next time you all see one of these people, give them a thank you if you participated in this contest. A lot of work went in to planning and executing this contest.

Tameron - without Tameron this contest would have died the first day. This guy did the most judging rounds other than myself and was always ready to help out however he could. Keep up the great work Tameron!
Silent
Javiermadriz
Ardon
MimeRifle
Kanozaki

Would also like to thank the rest of the Star Legends Help guild; keep the up awesome work guys! Let's keep making this game a better, more experienced place. Also a big shout out to STS for allowing me to host this contest, flood the forums with threads, openly donating to the contest, advertising on facebook and twitter, and helping with judging. Just made this run that much smoother.

I hope you all enjoyed yourselves with this contest! This was no easy task! Stay tuned for future events, including one I have been imagining for the next campaign...it should be INTENSE and require even more strategy. Take care!

Kally
GM of Star Legends Help

Kahlua
01-18-2012, 06:52 PM
ATTENTION - ALL WINNING TEAMS

Due to the fact that there is a platinum prize, I'm going to need the top 3 teams to confirm I have their teammates correct. I know there were a lot of subs in this contest, so I just want to make sure the right person is credited platinum. I'm very sure I got the all correct, but who knows...I was exhausted for the majority of the runs lol. Thanks!

octavos
01-18-2012, 06:54 PM
fantastic congratz brave ladies and gents :p

and a special yay to my ladie friends Rossamund, and Agnes!!! congratz...can you guys buy me something lol

Silentarrow
01-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Grats guys! Wish I could've judged more rounds :).

javier995
01-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Woot finally!

Grats to the winners!

Judging was a blast :p even tho i only got to judge 4 runs:/

Way too much fun!:D

Kahlua
01-18-2012, 07:15 PM
What Javi, you're not gonna miss planning your evening around judging?! WHAT TO DO WITH THE FREE TIME!?

javier995
01-18-2012, 07:23 PM
What Javi, you're not gonna miss planning your evening around judging?! WHAT TO DO WITH THE FREE TIME!?

Die in Voleria during another judging session...

Lol

Yurimaru
01-18-2012, 07:26 PM
Congrats to the winners!! Great job! :)

KillaSkillz
01-18-2012, 07:46 PM
Congratulations to the winners. Well done!

A very special thanks to those that organized and judged the event. Without you all of you work it wouldn't have been as fun and professional. Thank you!

And thank you STS for allowing and encouraging these type of events. These events keep the game interesting between updates.

I really enjoyed it all, just amazing!

MimeRifle
01-18-2012, 08:14 PM
Congrats all you WINNERS!!!! This was really fun - thanks to everyone Kahlua mentioned - and to Kahlua!!! Great idea, well organized, fun, awesome!!

Kahlua
01-18-2012, 09:00 PM
Edited the error in the prize money for first place - wrote 300k, was supposed to be 240k (80k each, not 100k). Sorry for the confusion!

Taresafoo
01-18-2012, 09:31 PM
I wanna congratulate my boys goi, huzzy and agent for rockin the house and showing what the fallen angels are all about!! Watch your backs though the girls might get ya next time!!!! :p

Jugernugett
01-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Congratulations to all winners of contest!:) fantastic job!!

Ryeley
01-18-2012, 11:17 PM
I wanna congratulate my boys goi, huzzy and agent for rockin the house and showing what the fallen angels are all about!! Watch your backs though the girls might get ya next time!!!! :p

Way to go Goi, Agent, & Huzz! Yet again you've done our guild proud! Tare, Kal, & Sira I'd also like to state that we are very proud of you too!
:D

frieke
01-19-2012, 02:08 AM
Thanks everyone for working so hard to put this together. It was such a fun event..except for dying...i really hope we can have more events like this. Grats to all the teams who ran for their efforts and to the first and second place winners. Special thanks to my teammates agnes n che for working together so well and to Tam for cheering us on.

frieke
01-19-2012, 02:14 AM
Lol id buy you something but your already the mam who has everything lol. You think instead of plat sts would give me my engi helm??? Lol ik but a girl can always try lol.

Commanderkeen
01-19-2012, 03:08 AM
Congrats to everyone by far one of the funnest contest ever.

Agnes
01-19-2012, 03:45 AM
Thanks again for all, and grats for the 1st and 2nd team :) Special thanks Che, Ross and Tame :)
Ross, i think G will be happy if u buy xray for him lol

Liem
01-19-2012, 04:11 AM
Yay! Congratulations for the winners and special thanks to the Judges, Kahlua and Tameron for hosting this tourney!

Hope there's tourney like this in the future :D

Gratz gratz!!

kateku
01-19-2012, 06:08 AM
Thanks for the great fun and memories.

I cant see the pictures =X

Kahlua
01-19-2012, 06:22 AM
There should be only 1 picture of the statistics for every team...anyone else having trouble seeing it?

Silentarrow
01-19-2012, 07:15 AM
Nope, it may be that he is using the mobile site?

kateku
01-19-2012, 10:05 AM
I can only see the last picture. Other than that i cant see any.

Im using FF n Chrome.

cheonafy
01-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Great contest!! Thanks to all the contestants, judges and my team Agnes and Rossamund.
Thanks again to Tameron for helping out on the practice runs. :victorious:

Kahlua
01-19-2012, 10:15 AM
I can only see the last picture. Other than that i cant see any.

Im using FF n Chrome.

Well that's cause it's the only picture lol :p

Hiei
01-19-2012, 01:27 PM
Congratz to all the winners.

michaelpr
01-19-2012, 02:18 PM
dam! we had the worst run! oh well :P gratz to the winners i guess

Samhayne
01-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Congratulations to the winners!

I've granted out the Platinum prizes based on the announcement above. If you didn't get your Plat please let me know.

Also, Goiegaban, Huzaaridan and Secretagent, please send me a private message so I can hook up your custom forum titles!

Thanks!

javier995
01-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Congratulations to the winners!

I've granted out the Platinum prizes based on the announcement above. If you didn't get your Plat please let me know.

Also, Goiegaban, Huzaaridan and Secretagent, please send me a private message so I can hook up your custom forum titles!

Thanks!

Do all 3 of them even have forum accounts? Lol

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Tapatalk

Kahlua
01-19-2012, 07:13 PM
Do all 3 of them even have forum accounts? Lol

2 of them made one for the contest, the other doesn't.
They said they prefer email :(

javier995
01-19-2012, 07:16 PM
2 of them made one for the contest, the other doesn't.
They said they prefer email :(

Well that just sucks, it's like they earned it but don't get to use it:(

Kahlua
01-20-2012, 07:22 AM
I'm hopping on the game today to pay off the remaining people.

Please add Kahlua if you have not been paid yet.
I accept all friend requests.

Fairy
01-20-2012, 07:27 AM
Congratulations to all the winners! :applause:

Thank you again, Kahlua, for organizing the contest. We had much much fun! :applause:

MimeRifle
01-20-2012, 10:36 AM
Congratulations to all the winners! :applause:

Thank you again, Kahlua, for organizing the contest. We had much much fun! :applause:

Well, at least we managed to achieve the only two goals we had for this contest right, Liebling? (1) Not drop out and (2) Not come in LAST! LOL!!!

:smiley_simmons:

Fairy
01-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Well, at least we managed to achieve the only two goals we had for this contest right, Liebling? (1) Not drop out and (2) Not come in LAST! LOL!!!

:smiley_simmons:

You are SO right, mein Engel!

The fun that we had was it worth.

Zolum
01-21-2012, 01:52 AM
this was a good contest!!!! nice idea. Great winners. They are pretty famous now. This shows people who has pve skills.