PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos I designed for friends :)

RedRyder
01-19-2012, 12:05 AM
I made this one today on my iPad. It's for a female friend of mine. She told me that she grew up with her father singing "butterfly kisses" to her. She wanted me to tie in love (symbolized by hearts), and a butterfly. I decided to incorporate hearts into the wing pattern, and I painted a white flower as they're referenced in the lyrics as well as the night sky with the stars representing "bedtime". The lyrics pertaining to the two are as follows:

For butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer
Stickin' little white flowers all up in her hair

The little kiss mark by the butterflies head is a reference to the song title, Butterfly Kisses (by Bob Carlisle)
My first step was listening to the song twice, familiarizing myself with it first, taking notes on the second listen. Here's the end result

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/0803bf92.jpg

I used ArtRage for iPad, and my index finger lol (lost my stylus :/). Took me 4 hrs to complete. She hasn't seen it yet, so let's hope she likes it!

This next one was made for my friend ken, but he ended up not using it -____- still makes a good portfolio piece. The theme for this one is music. He wanted something that would represent his love for music, and included a pair of headphones. This one I made on sketchbook pro for iPad. Took me about 5 hrs. The letters are his initials.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/438fbe68.jpg

Skeletonlord
01-19-2012, 12:23 AM
You must be so proud to be making awesome work, and the dedication you have on designing things for your friends is just amazing!
Once again, awesome insiring work!

BodMaster
01-19-2012, 01:54 AM
That butterfly is nicely drawn buddy, I could imagine seeing that on a girl, also where is she placing it?

DeJa Vu? Headphones you did before right? Or I'm going crazy one of them.

RedRyder
01-19-2012, 01:59 AM
That butterfly is nicely drawn buddy, I could imagine seeing that on a girl, also where is she placing it?

DeJa Vu? Headphones you did before right? Or I'm going crazy one of them.

Now that you mention it, I've definitely posted it before lol. The butterfly one I did tonight though. It's going on her neck, either in the back of it or on the side by her ear

BodMaster
01-19-2012, 02:03 AM
Now that you mention it, I've definitely posted it before lol. The butterfly one I did tonight though. It's going on her neck, either in the back of it or on the side by her ear

Phew I'm not just losing the plot then.. it is 7.02am haha with no sleep yet so my posts may not make the most sense 'p

Great place to have it, I like the tats on the side of the neck. I seriously need to get a sleeve done, just so indecisive and I'd want it to be unique, can't do basic tattoo parlour jobs.

StompArtist
01-19-2012, 09:21 AM

Hey. Butterfly looks great but if it is going to be a tatto you'll have to modify the sky background vs wings outline because with time the ink blurs and it will end up looking like the butterfly is disintegrating in the sky :P

Careful with shading and similar looking colors when it's for a Tattoo. Also this is going to be a difficult on for the tattoo artist so make sure your friend looks at their portfolio very closely and not for "cool tattoos" but for overall skills. ;)

RedRyder
01-19-2012, 10:55 AM
Hey. Butterfly looks great but if it is going to be a tatto you'll have to modify the sky background vs wings outline because with time the ink blurs and it will end up looking like the butterfly is disintegrating in the sky :P

Careful with shading and similar looking colors when it's for a Tattoo. Also this is going to be a difficult on for the tattoo artist so make sure your friend looks at their portfolio very closely and not for "cool tattoos" but for overall skills. ;)

Thanks! I'm pretty sure she won't include the sky on her tattoo :p I really just needed something to make the butterfly stand out more, but I really wouldn't mind if she did without the sky. After all, it only took a minute to make it lol. She has other tattoos by this one guy and they all look really good! No doubt that her artist could pull this design off.

BodMaster
01-19-2012, 11:13 AM
Thanks! I'm pretty sure she won't include the sky on her tattoo :p I really just needed something to make the butterfly stand out more, but I really wouldn't mind if she did without the sky. After all, it only took a minute to make it lol. She has other tattoos by this one guy and they all look really good! No doubt that her artist could pull this design off.

What colour is her skin? Maybe a main factor if to include it or not.(remember you saying most ppl you hang with are Asian)

Artentreri
01-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Next one I'm getting is the words "calm like a bomb" across my back in graffiti style. It's a rage quote, and if you knew me, you'd know how much it suits me. Now, I've already had my buddy who's going to do this tattoo (he's a professional tattoo artist and everything) draw it up, but if you feel like throwin something together that you think would look cool that would be awesome. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting you to, I'm just sayin if you get bored and get some free time.

RedRyder
01-19-2012, 12:26 PM
What colour is her skin? Maybe a main factor if to include it or not.(remember you saying most ppl you hang with are Asian)

Well...she's Caucasian haha, so she's light skinned. I did factor in skin tone this time around. For the headphones one, my friend didn't use it because it was just look like a splotch on him (he's black) which I should've considered, but he was so dead set on making it back >=\

Next one I'm getting is the words "calm like a bomb" across my back in graffiti style. It's a rage quote, and if you knew me, you'd know how much it suits me. Now, I've already had my buddy who's going to do this tattoo (he's a professional tattoo artist and everything) draw it up, but if you feel like throwin something together that you think would look cool that would be awesome. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting you to, I'm just sayin if you get bored and get some free time.

I would, but I have clients now so any art I do is for them. I wont be able to do personal projects for quite a while.

Artentreri
01-19-2012, 12:39 PM
It's all good, its gonna take me a long time to get it anyway. Money's pretty tight with the little one comin soon. Dude, diapers are freakin expensive.

BodMaster
01-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Well...she's Caucasian haha, so she's light skinned. I did factor in skin tone this time around. For the headphones one, my friend didn't use it because it was just look like a splotch on him (he's black) which I should've considered, but he was so dead set on making it black >=\

ROFL @ Caucasian! Ahh the bg should work out pretty nicely then.

Yep I can see why that other one was made to fail before it started hahaaa, still awesome/unique drawing.

I would, but I have clients now so any art I do is for them. I wont be able to do personal projects for quite a while.

fixed!

RedRyder
01-19-2012, 01:24 PM
fixed!

Actually, I caught it a minute before you ;)

BodMaster
01-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Actually, I caught it a minute before you ;)

Not on both quotes ;)

RedRyder
01-19-2012, 01:45 PM
Not on both quotes ;)

Then in that case, I caught it 4 minutes ahead of you :p. I'm still type-challenged on my iPad :/

BodMaster
01-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Then in that case, I caught it 4 minutes ahead of you :p. I'm still type-challenged on my iPad :/

but he was so dead set on making it back >=\

Lol, its all good I'm the same on my phone still... come-on march! I want my new phone!! Lol

RedRyder
01-19-2012, 11:59 PM
Lol, its all good I'm the same on my phone still... come-on march! I want my new phone!! Lol

Lol it was actually meant to say black, as in the color of the headphones. Smart Alec :p