PDA

View Full Version : Big Myth Busted

KhaosAngel
01-19-2012, 08:08 AM
I don't know who started the "if you open a chest, we wont get good loot at the boss", but I opened every single chest in biosphere and got 3 recipies in an hour....Also sick and tired of getting booted from Reactor Core for opening chest. I opened every single chest and let the hostages die..guess what..? Pink Razer, pink nova dropped... So please stop booting people for this....Those that believe in this myth have been decieved and should re-evaluate how they play this game....Think about it, why would there even be the extra rooms and chest if STS didnt want us to open them, DUH! Common sense people

Fao
01-19-2012, 08:44 AM
It was a dumb myth anyways! I would've proved them wrong long ago but I took a break from forums a while back.

MimeRifle
01-19-2012, 09:03 AM
I didn't believe that was true either. It wouldn't make sense to program it that way... good post!

Kakatoa91
01-19-2012, 09:19 AM
It's sadly part of the urban legends, well space legends lol...
Even if u tried to explain them some are too stubborn to see the simple fact that it doesnt change a thing opening or not a chest.

But you do get higher chance of pink drop if your team kill MF naked... or if you play during all the run standing up on 1 leg with a ballerina shoe.

:p

Kahlua
01-19-2012, 10:21 AM
There was a thread about this a while back where some kid said the only ways to get a pink drop...some crap, all a bunch of nonsense and rumors...he was serious....so we all trolled him with RIDICULOUS things that had to be done in Reactor to get a pink.

Everytime I see someone rescuing the hostages or yelling at someone for opening a chest, I ask them "why you wasting time saving the hostages when you could be helping us?" or "Why can't they open the chests?" If the answer is "I'm doing the quest." then so be it...but if it's ANYTHING to do with stupid drop rumors, I 'educate' them.

LelouchX
01-19-2012, 10:49 AM
It's sadly part of the urban legends, well space legends lol...
Even if u tried to explain them some are too stubborn to see the simple fact that it doesnt change a thing opening or not a chest.

also don't flash your headlights at someone in the middle of space when their craft doesn't have them on or they will turn around and commandeer your vessel and boot you into space. This isn't an urban legend, my friend said it happened to his little sister's best friend's aunt not too long ago.

flashbackflip
01-19-2012, 11:23 AM
Sad, but most 'rumorers' don't read forums....

Just like Kahlua I try to educate ppl in game. Some of them are really stubborn and this dialog may last long.. Lol

Thanks for the post anyway - it's good to educate newcomers once in a while

Ebalere
01-19-2012, 11:25 AM
also don't flash your headlights at someone in the middle of space when their craft doesn't have them on or they will turn around and commandeer your vessel and boot you into space. This isn't an urban legend, my friend said it happened to his little sister's best friend's aunt not too long ago.

ROFL!

also, don't go into the blackstar washrooms with the lights off and chant "Security Chief Danners" 3 times, or his mom will appear and steal your lewtz!

RyanCooper
01-19-2012, 11:40 AM
Did u use miners luck?
Well i think u more good things if u open 100 chests than 10 bosses!

flashbackflip
01-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Did u use miners luck?
Well i think u more good things if u open 100 chests than 10 bosses!

Actually... Not! It's usually Flashguns VIII... Lol.. It's green, but kinda useless

That's why I stopped using this elix

LelouchX
01-19-2012, 01:02 PM
this is why you shouldn't use miner's luck for chests.....
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h441/taitken12/KoC%20Stuff/3bc065f3.jpg

Kahlua
01-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Just like Kahlua I try to educate ppl in game. Some of them are really stubborn and this dialog may last long.. Lol

Oh god this reminds me of the kid Mime and I bumped in to on Cycorp the other day who was without a doubt in his mind convinced that he was NOT playing an Online game because he was playing on his phone. Didn't matter what we said to him...or how much proof we had...this kid was absolutely 100% not playing online.

When all was said and done and we had given up...he then asked me to be his girlfriend.

http://alexalbrightisamazing.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/jackie-chan-meme.png?w=584

StompArtist
01-19-2012, 01:53 PM
When all was said and done and we had given up...he then asked me to be his girlfriend.

Did it work? :P

MimeRifle
01-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Oh god this reminds me of the kid Mime and I bumped in to on Cycorp the other day who was without a doubt in his mind convinced that he was NOT playing an Online game because he was playing on his phone. Didn't matter what we said to him...or how much proof we had...this kid was absolutely 100% not playing online.

http://alexalbrightisamazing.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/jackie-chan-meme.png?w=584

LOL! I really thought you might implode. You were arguing *so* patiently, but I sensed imminent implosion - toon and all!! That was SO funny, I giggled the rest of the night about it!!

How is he as a boyfriend, btw? hehehe...

flashbackflip
01-19-2012, 02:03 PM

Rofl! That's epic)) and funny as usual, Kahlua!

Poor kid.. He was asking an NPC (in his reality) to be his gf... Lmao

StompArtist
01-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Weird people. Unfortunately, these 'rumor' people really feed off each other, and they tend to avoid facts places, such as these forums.

Not to mention most players don't bother reading...

Yeah I still can't believe no one figured out that if you attack first you cannot give the killing blow: It cancels the loot table.

Swimmingstar
01-19-2012, 04:39 PM
I refused to boot someone when he opened chest. Someone wanted to.
But did you know if you don't open chests and disable all mines you don't get no pink? :D

dreenise
01-19-2012, 04:50 PM
The only way to get pink from MF is to stand exactly 2m away from him at 45 degrees to his left. Oh yeah, must also be naked.

Sapient
01-19-2012, 04:57 PM
I boot anyone who enters my game and tells me not to open my chests. I'm a rebel, I do what I want >.<.

Garvhoz
01-19-2012, 05:35 PM
I boot anyone who enters my game and tells me not to open my chests. I'm a rebel, I do what I want >.<.

Lol

Commanderkeen
01-19-2012, 05:57 PM
I made a thread simular to this one about a month ago with some other urban legends that ive heard.

Here's the link: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?46147-Urban-Legends&highlight=Urban+legends

LelouchX
01-19-2012, 06:00 PM
I made a thread simular to this one about a month ago with some other urban legends that ive heard.

Here's the link: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?46147-Urban-Legends&highlight=Urban+legends
haha, that's funny since i just saw this posted today:

when a new thread is posted somebody invariably links to the old thread and says "hey look we already did this"
time to check the old thread!
Edit: well it wasn't THAT old, just older than this one. and i was only 90% sure that yeti was bod, now i am 100% sure

Commanderkeen
01-19-2012, 06:11 PM
haha, that's funny since i just saw this posted today:

time to check the old thread!
Edit: well it wasn't THAT old, just older than this one. and i was only 90% sure that yeti was bod, now i am 100% sure

Lol did slant really say that today. And yes bod is the yeti.

LelouchX
01-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Lol did slant really say that today. And yes bod is the yeti.
Lol, i don't like being misquoted, i would never do it to someone else ;-)

javier995
01-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Probably it's BC of how it was during Numa cap.

At uncharted everyone said if you don't open the chests you get greens, guess what everyone didn't do until they found out it wasn't true. Lol

I don't remember, but it might've happened during beta also.

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Tapatalk

LelouchX
01-19-2012, 08:02 PM
the whole chest myth is nothing new. I was booted within my first week of playing PL for opening a chest. my ignore list deals wit those types of people.

and how about the whole "if someone dies then no pinks drop" one. that must be true since I dropped a RR recurve while I was dead.