PDA

View Full Version : Officers can promote

Commanderkeen
01-19-2012, 06:28 PM
I was wondering if we could make officers able to promote. But they can only promote members to recruiters. Im mean they can kick ppl from guild why not make them able to promote to. It would help relief the guild masters of some pressure. I would like to hear some feedback from fellow guild masters and officers on the idea.

Garvhoz
01-20-2012, 04:52 PM
I would like this to be implemented in game like if the guild master is busy and if the officers already chose who the next officer would be, and the GM is busy being AFK, or MIA the officer could promote but it should be like pre-officer:
All the power of a present day officer but can be kicked by any other true-officer, yet the pre-officer wont know that he is a pre-officer because it will just show as officer but the true-officers would be able to see an X next to the name

flashbackflip
01-23-2012, 09:52 AM
Also, i'd like to add option to de-mote (not sure the spelling) but the idea is if you r an Officer and see bad behavior (like begging or being rude to noobs) so you can lower the rank of the member. This would add some variety to the penalty actions (not to kick em off but to restrain for good)

Also, it'd add some point to Officers' existance in general, coz now we can only boot and this option is rarely used really

Redpyronova
04-25-2012, 02:21 AM
I think that only the guild leader should promote or there should be at least 2 other like supers which can promote but not to super only to officer. It keeps things in blance.

Zolum
04-29-2012, 12:27 PM
I like demoting. That sounds fine. The pre-officer thing could get confusing. Here is my definition of a pre-officer. (Pre-Officer: a player promoted to officer position by another officer, has the power the promote and demote, cannot kick out members.) GM's can use the pre- officer position to test out a possible officer. Since they can't kick out members, it is no risk. (They shouldn't be able to demote a real officer though, only recruiters) That is what I would like. Good idea man.

Edit- My alt GM's
Zolum GM of <Loyal Wingman Association>
Recidation GM of <Elite Droids>
Strausimus (Hopeful AoB) GM of <Soldiers of the King> <-- Closed guild, no members. Want it? We'll talk it over. PM me

PianoWizzy
04-29-2012, 02:51 PM
I like the suggestion of these new officer abilities.

On the note of additional power, I suggest an option of multiple GMs. I have noted a number of guilds use a multi-GM system and I think there should be a way to make that easier.

Rawrimafish
04-29-2012, 07:55 PM
this is a bad idea...
the officers might promote random people to officer. i mean a officer would promote someone who pretends to be trusted but would kick everyone or something.

Jtpup74799
04-29-2012, 08:10 PM
Yup

PianoWizzy
04-29-2012, 08:23 PM
this is a bad idea...
the officers might promote random people to officer. i mean a officer would promote someone who pretends to be trusted but would kick everyone or something.

Read more carefully -- an officer that has been promoted by another officer cannot kick people

Commanderkeen
04-29-2012, 09:29 PM
this is a bad idea...

Stop, take a breath and re-read the OP as I clearly said OFFICERS can only promote people from members to recruiters

Bilaxman
04-29-2012, 10:27 PM
Perhaps this new position could be called "Promoter"? Just an idea though.... :)

Commanderkeen
04-29-2012, 10:59 PM
Perhaps this new position could be called "Promoter"? Just an idea though.... :)

Love it!

PianoWizzy
04-30-2012, 12:45 AM
Promoter seems like a limited position [even if it definitely is not], so how about Officer and Junior Officer?

Redpyronova
05-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Sounds awesome

Rawrimafish
05-03-2012, 06:06 AM
Stop, take a breath and re-read the OP as I clearly said OFFICERS can only promote people from members to recruiters

so isnt that the same as a recruiter?

nickiller
05-03-2012, 09:11 PM
take away officer booting and add officer demoting

Bilaxman
05-06-2012, 12:53 PM
take away officer booting and add officer demoting

One question then... what happens if the person who the officer is wanting to boot is a member? Just wondering... :)

Conradin
05-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Right now only GM's can promote. This would allow officers to promote regular members to recruiters. So the new recruiters cant boot anyone. Its a great idea. -IK what your saying Keen.

Commanderkeen
05-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Right now only GM's can promote. This would allow officers to promote regular members to recruiters. So the new recruiters cant boot anyone. Its a great idea. -IK what your saying Keen.

I'm glad you get it because it looks like most don't have a clue.

Kain Legacy
05-14-2012, 07:21 AM
I was thinking of makeing the Guild System a little more complicated. like adding a "Council" System.