PDA

View Full Version : Switching Target

darrensmith016
04-16-2010, 06:42 PM
If at all possible a switch target button would be great.. just sometimes with lag etc.. im running past loads of bad guys, to get the one that has been targeted

Buvet
04-16-2010, 06:42 PM
you can switch targets by touching a different enemy

_ck
04-16-2010, 08:01 PM
you can switch targets by touching a different enemy

Personally, that only seems to work if you're using the tap to move controls, not the joystick. Never works for me anyway, and tapping yourself to release your target seems to only work 1 in 10 times too.

Deathshock
04-16-2010, 09:24 PM
Yeah this needs to be fixed

darrensmith016
04-17-2010, 01:00 PM
i tried the tapping, well we got 2-3 updates last night lol... lets squeeze that fix in..

Shinrai
04-17-2010, 01:21 PM
bump! its hella annoying!

darrensmith016
04-17-2010, 01:49 PM
It works, been doing it loads - dieing less bonus!

_ck
04-17-2010, 04:06 PM
I'd much prefer a button that switches to the closest target (and hitting it again cycles to the next closest target, and so on). Much easier than tapping if it'd be right by the attack button, rather than having to try and hit the right guy with a tap. On an iPad that's probably not too hard, but on an iPhone tapping the guy to target is much harder if you're surrounded by a whole bunch of them.

On this topic, I think targeting should also be done in order of importance. All too often it'll target a chest instead of the bad guy just because it's ever so slightly closer, and very often battling a boss I'll end up chasing these mobs around it instead of targeting the boss. It should target the most dangerous bad guy first, at least as long as they are both within the same range (it should definitely not target the boss in the back of the room and run towards it if there are many mobs much closer).

Boss > High-Level Mobs > Low-Level Mobs > Chest

Splurd
04-17-2010, 04:34 PM
well _ck, some greedy people are deliberately aiming for chests. God knows why, but I've seen people run pass bosses simply to just aim at chests. Hate it.

I think closest is fine for auto targeting. If you want to manually target, it should be via tapping.

_ck
04-17-2010, 05:03 PM
well _ck, some greedy people are deliberately aiming for chests. God knows why, but I've seen people run pass bosses simply to just aim at chests. Hate it.

I think closest is fine for auto targeting. If you want to manually target, it should be via tapping.

All gold is evenly distributed by all the players (who are close enough), so I don't see why they would do that, unless they don't get that it's shared.

Splurd
04-17-2010, 05:05 PM
All gold is evenly distributed by all the players (who are close enough), so I don't see why they would do that, unless they don't get that it's shared.

Nooooo idea. Potions maybe? Personally I like the sound. Kaching~

But yeah. Its reallllly stupid to see a guy running to the chests whilst a smelly green troll introduces his fist to my face.

123seeyah
04-18-2010, 06:52 PM
+1

i had experiences where i target a monster and being attacked by another and don't have any option but to run because i can't switch targets >.<

Deathshock
04-18-2010, 06:56 PM

Often times I find myself targeting chests that are far away when I tap the auto target, when clearly there are monsters are that closer. So I don't think they are deliberately going for the chests. And most of the time the chests dont give you squat.

Felora
04-19-2010, 06:46 AM
TOTALLY agree with the need of ability to switch target.

There are times that I life leech a treasure chest when there are mobs around. And there are times that I need to save a team mate from a boss or something. Many many examples to list.

Btw there was only one time that I thought the treasure chests give loot or gold to the opener. That was my very first game...

tubbies
04-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Tapping on the iphone may be inaccurate at times. Accuracy is inversely proportional to the size of your thumbs and maybe fingers. The larger your fingers, the less accurate your tapping becomes, especially when there are multiple mobs around.

Splurd
04-19-2010, 01:41 PM
Often times I find myself targeting chests that are far away when I tap the auto target, when clearly there are monsters are that closer. So I don't think they are deliberately going for the chests. And most of the time the chests dont give you squat.

I've seen mages run pass a boss, run to the chests. and cast lighting on them.
Same with warriors running up to stomp chests.